Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcQuaid)
    As far as I understand, BNP Paribas (for the spring at least) don't hire on a rolling basis and their deadline is around 26th January. Also, they don't test for Spring and apparently don't interview (according to the Warwick 2013/14 PDF that someone supplied a couple of pages ago).
    I thought the deadline is 31st December?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB Fanboy)
    I thought the deadline is 31st December?
    " Application deadline: 31st of December 2014

We will review applications in January 2015 – we are unable to answer any enquiries about the status of your application before this date.

"

Ah yes, my bad..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    So is it just a screen and accept/decline. Albeit they don't fast track I heard.
    Well according to canary wharfian and that warwick PDF, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So, for the banks not hiring on a rolling basis, are they checking apps from earliest to latest recieved or is it just picked randomly you think?

ReputationRep:
    I have a CS interview next week for IBD, could anyone possibly help? Will trade for info on HSBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    I have a CS interview next week for IBD, could anyone possibly help? Will trade for info on HSBC
    you've already done the hsbc sw interview? damn. When did you send off cs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMcQuaid)
    As far as I understand, BNP Paribas (for the spring at least) don't hire on a rolling basis and their deadline is around 26th January. Also, they don't test for Spring and apparently don't interview (according to the Warwick 2013/14 PDF that someone supplied a couple of pages ago).

What! That's mad! I agree with not needing online tests but I would have thought you need interviews. They don't convert? That is an interesting point to note, no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackR7821)
    What! That's mad! I agree with not needing online tests but I would have thought you need interviews. They don't convert? That is an interesting point to note, no doubt.
    BNPP did interview last cycle and you do get prioritised for interview for Summer Analyst if you reapply.

Source: I interviewed with them last year, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    BNPP did interview last cycle and you do get prioritised for interview for Summer Analyst if you reapply.

Source: I interviewed with them last year, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is definitely weird that I know you interviewed because I read last year's forums, but I don't care. Was it the standard motiv/competency with a dose of technical?

I am assuming they screen after the New Year? I think BNP is one I am aiming for - perhaps I just like french things too much?
    Cheers,
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackR7821)
    It is definitely weird that I know you interviewed because I read last year's forums, but I don't care. Was it the standard motiv/competency with a dose of technical?

I am assuming they screen after the New Year? I think BNP is one I am aiming for - perhaps I just like french things too much?
    Cheers,
    J
    BNPP interview was quite easy - just basic motivation and straight competency. No technical for SW but I will say this, they like people who have exceptionally strong technical knowledge - if you go for Summer with them, you will get nothing but technical.

BNPP is very French inside, haha and they screen after New Years, yes - think I had my interview in February. My understanding was they do all the interviews in the space of a week or two and then give offers out a week or two following and that's it. It's not spread out like it is with other banks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get a Deutsche interview for Markets?
    Also does anyone know how many people make it onto the DB spring week, I've heard it is very low because the conversion rate is high. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youk)
    Anyone else get a Deutsche interview for Markets?
    Also does anyone know how many people make it onto the DB spring week, I've heard it is very low because the conversion rate is high. Is this true?
    DB coversion rate is virtually 100%. What i can tell you is that for Markets they only take 20 people so competition is at its toughest in comparison to other banks.

Best of luck with your interview, unfortunately i did not make it to that stage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    DB coversion rate is virtually 100%. What i can tell you is that for Markets they only take 20 people so competition is at its toughest in comparison to other banks.

Best of luck with your interview, unfortunately i did not make it to that stage!
    They take 20-25 *total* not per division. This year all IBD people converted and nobody from markets
    But yes, by numbers it's the hardest spring week to get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)

wrong, 20 overall, not just for markets, and they take people on from diversity programmes which actually leaves less slots than thought, ibd is full already

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have some Sales & Trading / IB questions I can help a little..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by openingcitydoors)
    Anyone have some Sales & Trading / IB questions I can help a little..
    How do you value a bond? What series does it take and how do you determine the liquidty premium and risk premium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    you've already done the hsbc sw interview? damn. When did you send off cs?
    Sent off CS 27th October

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs some colour on what RBS are doing in Capital Markets (Sales & Trading)..happy to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by openingcitydoors)
    If anyone needs some colour on what RBS are doing in Capital Markets (Sales & Trading)..happy to help
    Could you answer my question please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Could you answer my question please.
    What exactly are you trying to achieve by asking that on here, just use google.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.