The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YvT1
it is a bit odd.. either way it is lower than previous years.. it's weird how each year it decreases.. but i think they are making the papers harder..

Yeah they do get harder, I tend to get higher marks in the earlier papers and these last few years they get more challenging!

Original post by Master219
Or people are getting dumber and dumber each yr lol, no offense. Yh papers must be getting harder or the scores that applicants apply with is getting lower each yr (most likely papers getting harder tho tbh).

Oh dear I really hope not! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hey,
i just checked UCAS track and they want a certificate for my AS physics. So do where do I have to go to hand it in?
thanks
Hey everyone! This is my first post on this thread but I had an interview on the 24th of March and received my offer (AAA) on the 26th :colondollar:

I'm definitely firming Imperial but I'm so confused about what to choose as my insurance so I was wondering if anyone had any advice... I have to choose between my other Medicine offer at Liverpool (which is also AAA) or my Biomedical Science offer (AAB) at KCL. Is there any point accepting two Medicine offers? :s-smilie: I'm scared about going into clearing :frown:

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated! :biggrin:
Original post by AgüeroSergio
Hey,
i just checked UCAS track and they want a certificate for my AS physics. So do where do I have to go to hand it in?
thanks

You can either mail it to them (there should be an address on the offer letter) or take it in person with you to the Student Hub. If you want to do the latter, they're only open Monday to Friday.
Original post by usycool1
You can either mail it to them (there should be an address on the offer letter) or take it in person with you to the Student Hub. If you want to do the latter, they're only open Monday to Friday.

Cheers man
Original post by The_Top_Hat
It's based on interview (And academic prowess in extension) performance. They tell you if you are applicable in the offer letter and you end up writing around a 500 word essay on a topic that is decided and dished out around the end of may, beginning of June time. You then have like 6 weeks to write and submit the completed essay to see you will get the scholarship.
This is the info i've gleaned from talking to them as i'm leaving the country for 3-4 months at the beginning of June and I got one of these scholarship applications! Gonna have a week or two to write it :redface:.

Do you know anything about the Drama scholarship for medicine?
Also do I need maths for Medicine at Imperial?
Original post by Nancyeponine
Do you know anything about the Drama scholarship for medicine?
Also do I need maths for Medicine at Imperial?

Not sure about drama! Never been much of a performing arts student :biggrin:

You don't need maths though, just biology AS and Chemistry to A2.
Reply 2247
Original post by The_Top_Hat
Not sure about drama! Never been much of a performing arts student :biggrin:

You don't need maths though, just biology AS and Chemistry to A2.

or chemistry to AS and Bio to A2 if i am not mistaken..
Reply 2248
Original post by yxsmin_o
Hey everyone! This is my first post on this thread but I had an interview on the 24th of March and received my offer (AAA) on the 26th :colondollar:

I'm definitely firming Imperial but I'm so confused about what to choose as my insurance so I was wondering if anyone had any advice... I have to choose between my other Medicine offer at Liverpool (which is also AAA) or my Biomedical Science offer (AAB) at KCL. Is there any point accepting two Medicine offers? :s-smilie: I'm scared about going into clearing :frown:

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated! :biggrin:

if it's exactly the same a leves and same grades there is no point to put liverpool as your insurance since if you don't get into imperial you won't get into liverpool either.. however if liverpool is more lenient and even if you miss your A by 2-3 marks they will still accept you then it might be worth it.. but you have 2 offers for med that should be motivating enough to get the grades which i am sure you are more than capable to do!! good luck!! :smile:
ucl or imperial? why? thankyouuu
Original post by strugglingstdnt
ucl or imperial? why? thankyouuu

Imperial, cuz it is way better than ucl across all parameters.
Original post by PentaMedic
Just received an offer through track :O

what is offer through track?)
Original post by sarahfrost97
Did you drop any AS'? Cuz i dropped some and those were the ones that they wanted me to prove

Posted from TSR Mobile

are we talking about Imperial? If so, do they require you to show your AS grades, or just the one you will drop to be at least a 'b' like they specify on their website?
Original post by OurLadyBonbon
I'm averaging around 6.5 in both sections right now. Not really sure how I'll do under exam conditions though.
I've only been practising papers from the admission testing services websites and going through the BMAT threads on TSR for prep. Although I haven't prepared as much I'd like to since I have applications to other countries that I'm working on as well.

What about you? How are section 1 and 2 going? And other than the book, are there any other online resources you would recommend?

Ah not really. Honestly, I think a lot of how you do on Section 1 depends on the exam conditions and how mentally prepared you are on the day. Basically, a lot of luck. :P But I think for me at least, practice is doing the trick. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :P

(:

Hi! :smile:

Just wondering how you're calculating your BMAT score? Thank you!
Original post by debbieroo7994
Hi! :smile:
Just wondering how you're calculating your BMAT score? Thank you!

If you're using the official papers, there's a raw mark to BMAT score conversion table in the answer keys.
If you're using the official papers, there's a raw mark to BMAT score conversion table in the answer keys.

Official papers where can I find these papers?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vickie89uk
Official papers where can I find these papers?!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Google :tongue:

Type in "BMAT past papers" or something. They'll be on the Admissisions Testing Sercice website.

EDIT: here: http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/bmat/preparing-for-bmat/
(edited 8 years ago)
Google :tongue:

Type in "BMAT past papers" or something. They'll be on the Admissisions Testing Sercice website.

EDIT: here: http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/bmat/preparing-for-bmat/

Ah I was told that there was no papers or official practice tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone apply with just 3A*s at GCSE?
Hey guys

Im thinking about applying to Imperial but I'm not sure if my grades are good enough or if it's worth the risk to take the BMAT. Could anyone who got an offer please tell me their stats?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending