Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I wish I was that organised

(Original post by furryface12)
    :eek: You're organised- well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!! It all seems so real now, can't believe I'm actually applying to university already
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The Financier)
    If Scotland go independent, you'd be stuck in a foreign university with St Andrews
    Might be free though...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by O133)
    Might be free though...
    It's only free for people who are actually from Scotland. There have been no indication they'd extend this to the rest of the UK were they to go independent.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's only free for people who are actually from Scotland. There have no indication they'd extend this to the rest of the UK were they to go independent.
    If they joined the EU they'd have no choice.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by O133)
    If they joined the EU they'd have no choice.
    Well this is assuming they can actually join the EU, which given Spain's own trouble with states wanting independence, looks a little shaky.

Other than that, doesn't look too bad then. I just don't see how its necessary to go through the uncertainty when tuition fees in the UK are quite affordable given the way the loan system is structured. Furthermore, since Scotland won't go independent until around 2016-2017 in the event of a yes vote, you'd still be charged the typical UK rate for most of your time there.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Well this is assuming they can actually join the EU, which given Spain's own trouble with states wanting independence, looks a little shaky.

Other than that, doesn't look too bad then. I just don't see how its necessary to go through the uncertainty when tuition fees in the UK are quite affordable given the way the loan system is structured.
    Otherwise it's international fees at Scottish universities (and vice versa).

I don't see why they don't give a grant to the student and subsidise tuition that way (either partially like the Welsh or fully), it would mean they don't subsidise fees for other EU countries and the UK-EU fee gap is addressed.

ReputationRep:
    Wallá Wallá Wallá Wooooooooooooooooff
    :hi:

ReputationRep:
    My 18th tomorrow... going to be spending the whole day at Durham open day
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    xx
    So did you decide to join me and take a gap year in the end?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by usycool1)
    So did you decide to join me and take a gap year in the end?
    I did! I keep meaning to message you and forgetting, sorry How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My 18th tomorrow... going to be spending the whole day at Durham open day
    There are worse places to be! Happy birthday for tomorrow :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    I did! I keep meaning to message you and forgetting, sorry How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't apologise, I'm the one who keeps forgetting to reply (just realised I haven't replied to your PM from months ago, nor your last FB message...it's a good thing I spotted you on here ).

I am very good thank you! Just writing my PS still and trying to balance various jobs/volunteering stuff alongside BMAT revision. What about you? What do you think you're going to apply for next time round?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Don't apologise, I'm the one who keeps forgetting to reply (just realised I haven't replied to your PM from months ago, nor your last FB message...it's a good thing I spotted you on here ).

I am very good thank you! Just writing my PS still and trying to balance various jobs/volunteering stuff alongside BMAT revision. What about you? What do you think you're going to apply for next time round?
    Doesn't matter, you don't have to! I'd forgotten anyway and I have absolutely no clue what I said in them

That's further than I've got, not really organised anything yet although I am trying to get a job/some work experience! I'm staying with physics I think, just need to decide where now :yep: How's BMAT going? Have you redone UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finished my personal statement, woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are worse places to be! Happy birthday for tomorrow :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, going to Krispy Kreme too hopefully

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    On my last birthday, I had a Biology exam and then I spent the rest of the day doing Nazi Germany revision... :L

ReputationRep:
    I actually have a lot of work to do this weekend :lol: and by that I mean about 2-3 hours worth

ReputationRep:
    Im finding it hard to trim my 9000character personal statement to 4000 and have to send my personal statement to manchester uni by sunday to see if ill get an offer with MAP
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yooooo physics crew, help a sister out?

"A road has a round hump 12.0m in radius. What is the minimum speed at which a car can leave the road at the top of the hump?"

Answer is apparently 11ms^-1. That might require taking the acceleration due to gravity to be 10 rather than 9.81 though (dumb worksheet).

Faaaaanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    True, going to Krispy Kreme too hopefully

Thanks
    Ooh doughnuts :drool:

(Original post by BethFirmin)
    On my last birthday, I had a Biology exam and then I spent the rest of the day doing Nazi Germany revision... :L
    I almost ended up in hospital on mine, it would have been over Christmas too :facepalm:

(Original post by Bude8)
    I actually have a lot of work to do this weekend :lol: and by that I mean about 2-3 hours worth
    :eek: How do you have so little?!

(Original post by AhmedDavid)
    Im finding it hard to trim my 9000character personal statement to 4000 and have to send my personal statement to manchester uni by sunday to see if ill get an offer with MAP
    Are there any bits you can merge together, so say like 'I learnt perseverance and determination from ... and ...' rather than '... taught me perseverance, ... taught me determination...' or whatever? Not sure as that makes sense and it's an awful example but that sort of thing cut it down for me a lot last year and made it seem like less of a list, too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.