Me too! Two more weeks ...
    MML you?
    (Original post by Elcor)
    You aren't alone
    Good to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculina)
    Is anyone else losing the will to live
    Less losing the will to love, more fearing that I won't make my offer and will look like an absolute fool on results day.

Someone in the year above me missed their offer and all my teachers have been like "don't do a [insert name]!" (bit harsh I know). Will be so awkward if I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    Less losing the will to love, more fearing that I won't make my offer and will look like an absolute fool on results day.

Someone in the year above me missed their offer and all my teachers have been like "don't do a [insert name]!". Will be so awkward if I do
    Does everyone expect you to make the offer too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Does everyone expect you to make the offer too?
    Well you'd have to ask them, but I get the impression they do

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

Finished exams, but I think the wait for results day is worse. At least during exam period, it was in your hands. Now, I just have to hope that the examiners take pity.

ReputationRep:
    Any PBS offer holders?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I feel like I've not done enough work at all and I don't want to wait until August to find out. I would like to hibernate.

ReputationRep:
    OK I've worked out that I've almost guaranteed an A* in Further Maths based on the exams I've done so far.

Now remains the issue of getting an A* in Physics or Chemistry :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    OK I've worked out that I've almost guaranteed an A* in Further Maths based on the exams I've done so far.

Now remains the issue of getting an A* in Physics or Chemistry :eek:.
    No fair! Mine haven't even started

I think your best bet is physics in terms of no surprises easy to get with learning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    No fair! Mine haven't even started

I think your best bet is physics in terms of no surprises easy to get with learning
    Nah Physics is my worst A Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Nah Physics is my worst A Level
    Really? It's the simplest one in terms of content. And majority is words

G484 is ridiculously easy with content but the questions they ask are ridiculous at times with their answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Really? It's the simplest one in terms of content. And majority is words

G484 is ridiculously easy with content but the questions they ask are ridiculous at times with their answers
    Physics has more word answers which I pick less marks up on.

ReputationRep:
    I've only done one exam and I already want to puke thinking about results day, lol. Anybody else feeling like theirs have gone badly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    I've only done one exam and I already want to puke thinking about results day, lol. Anybody else feeling like theirs have gone badly?
    Haven't done any yet and already feel like I'm going to miss my offer

Problem is that last year there was zero expectation, whereas now I'm going through past papers thinking that if I don't get 90% or above I'm screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Physics has more word answers which I pick less marks up on.
    Just memorise the standard answers.

ReputationRep:
    I've had almost half my exams already but they've all been Further Maths which I don't have to do that well in thanks to year 12 me (got one maths exam left and I think I can get zero in it and still get an A* if my calculations are correct)
    Biology and Chemistry however are a different story... seems to me AQA just put whatever they want in the biology paper and ask you to randomly predict what's on the markscheme :'( Chemistry's a bit better though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Just memorise the standard answers.
    That would work if OCR didn't roll a die to decide what the mark scheme will be each year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    That would work if OCR didn't roll a die to decide what the mark scheme will be each year
    I managed to do it for OCR.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.