Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    What are some evaluation points for the biological approach and the behavioural approach
    Biological Approach
    - It is a reductionist by taking a complex set of behaviours and putting to a single gene therefore better to use the diathesis stress model
    - Cannot establish cause and effect e.g. does abnormal occur due to neurotransmitters or do does abnormal behaviours cause imbalanced neurotransmitters
    - Biologically diagnosing someone causes the patient to be passive, therefore less likely to recover/improve

Behavioural Approach
    - It doesn't blame the person for their abnormal behaviour therefore is humane and ethical
    - It is a reductionist by saying that abnormal behaviours occur only due to them being learnt, life events/physical injuries etc. are ignored
    - It is effective for treatments as learnt behaviour is able to be unlearnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    What are some evaluation points for the biological approach and the behavioural approach
    Biological approach:

+Most humane approach. Doesn't blame anyone for their psychopathology, instead it blames things that the person cannot control.

+Gottesman and Shields found through family studies that the correspondence rate for schizophrenia is 30-60% higher between identical twins, suggesting that inheritance is a cause for psychopathology.
    -Criticism of Gottesman and Shields: Correspondence rate was not 100% and only 30-60%. Suggests that other factors were involved in psychopathology, not just inheritance.

-Theory is reductionist. Doesn't consider factors such as environment and experiences etc.

ReputationRep:
    lolol i know the 12 marker that's coming out tomorrow. i'll screenshot it with the time & date
    then you'll see my teachers' predictions are correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmUncreative)
    lolol i know the 12 marker that's coming out tomorrow. i'll screenshot it with the time & date
    Please do!!!

ReputationRep:
    How would you go about answering the 12 marker:
    How social influence helps us understand social change?
    Anyone have an essay plan? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain Sheriffs study and in what topic/question I would use it for? I don't think I learnt about this :/

ReputationRep:
    What's the prediction?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know it?

ReputationRep:
    :O

ReputationRep:
    Would outline and evaluate Milgram's study on obedience be a possible 12 mark question? Or would it say Milgram and variations?

ReputationRep:
    Are variations of Asch and Milgram AO1 or AO2?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone one have a 12 mark on AO1 and AO2 on social change? More specifically AO2 please

ReputationRep:
    for workplace stress questions do they specify if youre meant to write about control or workload normally or are you allowed to choose

ReputationRep:
    what is it??? (

ReputationRep:
    How would you go about answering a 12 marker for Independent Behaviour?????

ReputationRep:
    Thank god the 12 marker wont be personality types

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobeobi)
    for workplace stress questions do they specify if youre meant to write about control or workload normally or are you allowed to choose
    If they don't specify one or another in the question, you can talk about both or choose one.

ReputationRep:
    When writing a 12 marker about abnormality approaches what are you supposed to include? For example if I was talking about the cognitive approach do I talk about CBT or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_Holmes)
    When writing a 12 marker about abnormality approaches what are you supposed to include? For example if I was talking about the cognitive approach do I talk about CBT or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally if approaches come up I am going to put something like (imagining they ask for cognitive approach) 'Also an effective treatment has come of the basis of this approach, for example CBT which was found to be no less effective than biological treatments like drugs etc'

ReputationRep:
    12 Mark answer about Independent Behaviour???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.