Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered HO roles from the TSP application? I've seen a few people who applied directly for HO and and people who have been offered officer roles. I had a quick look through but there's about 30 new pages since I last checked this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McDude)
    Has anyone been offered HO roles from the TSP application? I've seen a few people who applied directly for HO and and people who have been offered officer roles. I had a quick look through but there's about 30 new pages since I last checked this thread
    I've been offered a HO role, got an email for it last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really hope we hear something soon. I need to start thinking about handing in my notice.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, what location were you offered? I got offered one in Manchester even though Birmingham was my first choice, and I know they are recruiting for HOs, then when I saw no one talking about it I thought they haven't sent this to me by mistake have they? I'd seen a HO application I didn't make with the exact same end date as TSP appear in my civil service jobs online account so I was under the impression I wasn't getting anything before this happened

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, what location were you offered? I got offered one in Manchester even though Birmingham was my first choice, and I know they are recruiting for HOs, then when I saw no one talking about it I thought they haven't sent this to me by mistake have they? I'd seen a HO application I didn't make with the exact same end date as TSP appear in my civil service jobs online account so I was under the impression I wasn't getting anything before this happened
    Thanks you too!! I've been offered Birmingham which was my first choice too. Yeah when I got the email and logged on to the civil service jobs site I saw that it had automatically been added which was the first I'd heard from them since being told I didn't make the tsp.

Have you accepted the Manchester offer and filled out the reference details then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offered a provisional HO position in Manchester after failing Stage 3 during the TSP recruitment campaign. I wonder if anyone knows how long the pre-employment checks take to complete?

ReputationRep:
    People placed on reserves list, have you heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverEatFish)
    Thanks you too!! I've been offered Birmingham which was my first choice too. Yeah when I got the email and logged on to the civil service jobs site I saw that it had automatically been added which was the first I'd heard from them since being told I didn't make the tsp.

Have you accepted the Manchester offer and filled out the reference details then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got I've actually just completed the previous employment checks for a different HMRC job so I don't know if they are going to do them all again. I've got a friend on the case seeing if I can get a Birmingham offer though.

(Original post by RRaz)
    Offered a provisional HO position in Manchester after failing Stage 3 during the TSP recruitment campaign. I wonder if anyone knows how long the pre-employment checks take to complete?
    I got a provisional offer for a different HMRC job on 7th June, DBS came through about 2 weeks later. I got an email saying pretty employment checks were complete on 4th July and a formal offer the following day with a choice of 3 start dates from 25th July to 22nd August. I assume there will be a similar time frame for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Putyourhanddown)
    me three please
    Are these for the HO roles as well?

ReputationRep:
    I got I've actually just completed the previous employment checks for a different HMRC job so I don't know if they are going to do them all again. I've got a friend on the case seeing if I can get a Birmingham offer though.
    Ah hopefully they won't need to do all of the employment checks again then, it'd seem like such a waste of time if they did.

If you can't get Birmingham are you gonna go for Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, another one here on the reserve list following the TSP assessment centre. Starting to give up hope on being offered a place on the TSP, but encouraging that the HEO offers are starting to come in. Anyone from the reserves list heard anything yet?

(Original post by RRaz)
    RRaz, congratulations on your offer! Just wondering when you say you failed stage 3... Did you get to the assessment centre (can't remember what stage that was), and were you on the reserve list?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask again but Does anybody have Gwynne or any other number for TSP HR thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    Hi everyone, another one here on the reserve list following the TSP assessment centre. Starting to give up hope on being offered a place on the TSP, but encouraging that the HEO offers are starting to come in. Anyone from the reserves list heard anything yet?

RRaz, congratulations on your offer! Just wondering when you say you failed stage 3... Did you get to the assessment centre (can't remember what stage that was), and were you on the reserve list?
    I am also on the reserve list and giving up hope on getting on to the TSP. These people have been unsuccessful at the assessment centre and they have been offered HO roles so I don't understand what sort of position it puts people like us in who were successful at the assessment centre but not been offered anything at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolexlover)
    I am also on the reserve list and giving up hope on getting on to the TSP. These people have been unsuccessful at the assessment centre and they have been offered HO roles so I don't understand what sort of position it puts people like us in who were successful at the assessment centre but not been offered anything at all...

I'm in the same position over here.

Starting to wonder how this "Merit Order" recruitment process actually works when it just seems like all the positions are being filled by others who didn't progress as further.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I can think is that we are still on the reserve list for the TSP, and once the TSP actually closes we will then move onto an HEO reserve list. That reserve list being the one that those who didn't pass the assessment centre are already on. Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway, because it doesn't really bode well for the merit order we were told about.

If this isn't the case then as it currently stands we would've been better off narrowly failing the assessment centre, rather than passing but being near the bottom of the reserve list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emaandar)
    I'm in the same position over here.

Starting to wonder how this "Merit Order" recruitment process actually works when it just seems like all the positions are being filled by others who didn't progress as further.
    (Original post by JDW87)
    The only thing I can think is that we are still on the reserve list for the TSP, and once the TSP actually closes we will then move onto an HEO reserve list. That reserve list being the one that those who didn't pass the assessment centre are already on. Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway, because it doesn't really bode well for the merit order we were told about.

If this isn't the case then as it currently stands we would've been better off narrowly failing the assessment centre, rather than passing but being near the bottom of the reserve list.
    Exactly, the way it seems is that we were better off being at the top of the reserve list or being unsuccessful at the assessment centre. Merit order means whoever scores highest is considered first for a role but it's working in the reverse order here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverEatFish)
    Ah hopefully they won't need to do all of the employment checks again then, it'd seem like such a waste of time if they did.

If you can't get Birmingham are you gonna go for Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there's no way I'm missing this chance, my last job was about 18k per year, the one I've been offered is 20-22k so 29k is a absolutely massive rise for me. Id already accepted and filled out all the reference information before I even thought about Birmingham.

Don't know if I said this before but they checked 0 of my references after I spent a few hours pestering them all to let them know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)

I think this may be the case. I would have thought that if you don't get called off the reserve then you will definitely get a HO position

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evo16)
    I think this may be the case. I would have thought that if you don't get called off the reserve then you will definitely get a HO position
    Really hope you're right.

ReputationRep:
    Just got this through from the people behind the Mailbox: "As long as you take up duty on 08/09/16 and complete all the necessary paperwork and enter your bank details online you will be paid on the 30th September. This will be as you state a 12th of your annual salary less the 7 days not worked in that month, subject to the usual deductions such as tax etc"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.