Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it a bad sign if you are still waiting for an offer over a month after sending it off? especially when i know some people who are receiving offers the same university (and partly the same course) even though they sent their application off later.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if all unis work in the same way but I found out las year when I was applying etc that ey have different piles...ones who are in right away (mainly because of grades) ones who don't impress and will be sent a no....and another pile who are maybes....and they will go back to the maybes at e end once they know how many offers have been sent out first...this doesn't mean to say you won't get an offer as you haven't been rejected yet so good luck you'll hear soon...a couple of my unis took approx..8weeks...last year...one a no but I got into my favourite course so all else didn't fail...don't give up hope...determination and commitment wins..that's what I was told by a senior lecturer...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sussex seem to be very slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minionmum)
    Sussex seem to be very slow.
    I haven't even received an acknowledgement off them yet and I applied 9th Dec :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirsty_butler)
    I haven't even received an acknowledgement off them yet and I applied 9th Dec :-(
    Same - and aplication was sent 7th December - all other choices replied within 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minionmum)
    Same - and aplication was sent 7th December - all other choices replied within 3 weeks.
    Yep - I have either received acknowledgements or offers off my other choices. Don't know why they are being so slow.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an unconditional from Sussex who hasn't already got their grades? - and if so how long did it take to get your offer.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application away on the 23rd November and I haven't received any offers yet for psychology. It's a bit frustrating when there is people with 5 unconditionals at my school and I have nothing haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    Sent my application away on the 23rd November and I haven't received any offers yet for psychology. It's a bit frustrating when there is people with 5 unconditionals at my school and I have nothing haha
    Haha I feel the same! Only had 1 offer thus far and it's conditional. Hard to see others making their firm/insurance

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Sheffield!

ReputationRep:
    Email from Birmingham saying they'll be making me an offer, just have to wait for UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    It's been already three weeks since my reference teacher sent my application out... I got an offer for Genetics from Aberdeen last week, but, other than that, it has been dead silent. A friend of mine has already 4/5 offers. I'm so jealous. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only applied to Scottish unis (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews) plus am a non-UK EU student?

Do they send out offers and rejections at the same time? I'm so scared that on May 5th I'll just receive four automatic rejections... My predicted grades are rather ok (41/45 IB points), but could they reject me for other reasons (country of domicile, PS)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minä)
    It's been already three weeks since my reference teacher sent my application out... I got an offer for Genetics from Aberdeen last week, but, other than that, it has been dead silent. A friend of mine has already 4/5 offers. I'm so jealous. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only applied to Scottish unis (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews) plus am a non-UK EU student?

Do they send out offers and rejections at the same time? I'm so scared that on May 5th I'll just receive four automatic rejections... My predicted grades are rather ok (41/45 IB points), but could they reject me for other reasons (country of domicile, PS)?
    In the same boat
    I applied almost a month ago, no replies from any of the 5
    Plus I too applied to three Scottish unis - Dundee, Glasgow and Heriot watt

ReputationRep:
    conditional offer received from oxford Brookes!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minä)

I got an offer from Glasgow today morning
    But I'm considered international, just cuz I haven't lived in England for the past 3 yrs
    I'll try reassessing my fee status
    Hope you hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justellen)
    conditional offer received from oxford Brookes!!!
    Well done and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I applied almost a month ago and have only heard from Greenwich so far.
    Still got Essex, Kent, Bradford and Brunel to go.
    Greenwich were pretty quick, sent an offer two days after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minä)

I'm in the same situation! I'm also a non-UK EU student, I applied back in November to 5 Scottisch unis and I haven't heard anything since then.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard back from Loughbrough, Cardiff and Brunel, still waiting on Southampton and Keele :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wissem)
    I got an offer from Glasgow today morning
    But I'm considered international, just cuz I haven't lived in England for the past 3 yrs
    I'll try reassessing my fee status
    Hope you hear soon
    Congrats! I hope you get the fee status sorted out to your advantage, since international fees are way high ^^'
    Which course did you get accepted in to?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.