Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Where would you guys suggest applying with a UKCAT of 723 band 3 and achieved 42 IB points? I'm an international applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talisia13)
    I am defiantly prepared but I don't feel confident! I'm literally terrified
    Aw! Honestly don't worry about it, just go in there try your best and no matter what happens don't ever doubt your ability to do amazingly well. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agahaga)
    Got 680, band 3.
    What implications does this have for me? :/
    Are you applying as an undergraduate or a graduate?

ReputationRep:
    How do the percentages on medify compare to actual scores? Like, what percentages should i be looking at if i wanna get mid 700s

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I just did the ukcat, I'm pleased with quantitative reasoning and abstract reasoning but verbal reasoning really lowered my average...
    Verbal reasoning: 570
    Quantitative reasoning: 790
    Abstract reasoning: 700
    Situational judgement: Band 3
    Average: 686

If anyone needs any tips for QR I'm more than happy to help

By the way, are there any Uni's I should avoid? Because of my SJT and VR in particular? I'm really disappointed with my SJT in particular since I didn't get anything lower than band 2 in all the mocks I've previously done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Isnt Medify meant to be easier than the actual exam, though?
    QR is supposed to be much easier than Medify, AR is supposed to be about the same and VR is supposed to be much harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    Are you applying as an undergraduate or a graduate?
    Undergrad
    My other stats are 9A* 1A and GCSE and predicted AAAA at AS (results day on Thursday)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliek98)
    Where would you guys suggest applying with a UKCAT of 723 band 3 and achieved 42 IB points? I'm an international applicant.
    I'd definitely go for Manchester and Newcastle with that score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Hey everyone! I just did the ukcat, I'm pleased with quantitative reasoning and abstract reasoning but verbal reasoning really lowered my average...
    Verbal reasoning: 570
    Quantitative reasoning: 790
    Abstract reasoning: 700
    Situational judgement: Band 3
    Average: 686

If anyone needs any tips for QR I'm more than happy to help

By the way, are there any Uni's I should avoid? Because of my SJT and VR in particular? I'm really disappointed with my SJT in particular since I didn't get anything lower than band 2 in all the mocks I've previously done.
    Congrats! That's a great score! I think Plymouth have a cut off for every section, but apart front that I don't think anywhere else does. Some unis will give scores for bands- I think East Anglia is one of them, not too sure about any others.
    How did you find it? Did you use any keyboard shortcuts they advised to use on medify in your exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Congrats! That's a great score! I think Plymouth have a cut off for every section, but apart front that I don't think anywhere else does. Some unis will give scores for bands- I think East Anglia is one of them, not too sure about any others.
    How did you find it? Did you use any keyboard shortcuts they advised to use on medify in your exam?
    Thank you so much that's really helpful, my parents are a bit apprehensive about my application so I started getting a bit worried too.

On the ukcat website I didn't know how to erase the calculator, but during decision making I found out that you can just use the backspace to delete everything! Also, C is equivalent to the MRC button, M is for M- and P is for P+. I didn't actually use them but they may be useful for someone else. I also found alt + f for flagging and alt + n to be amazing because they saved so much time.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much that's really helpful, my parents are a bit apprehensive about my application so I started getting a bit worried too.

On the ukcat website I didn't know how to erase the calculator, but during decision making I found out that you can just use the backspace to delete everything! Also, C is equivalent to the MRC button, M is for M- and P is for P+. I didn't actually use them but they may be useful for someone else. I also found alt + f for flagging and alt + n to be amazing because they saved so much time.
    Is there a delete button which lets you delete like 1 digit if you type it wrong to save you having to start over??

ReputationRep:

I know what you mean Are you planning to apply for Manchester btw? You would easily pass the ukcat cut off with your score. Thanks, I'm not really sure what the MRC button is used for but I do plan to use alt+n and alt+f too

ReputationRep:
    How do you convert raw marks to a score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    Is there a delete button which lets you delete like 1 digit if you type it wrong to save you having to start over??

Unfortunately I couldn't figure that one out, it would've been super useful because I kept making so many errors on the number pad which took up a good 30 seconds of my time.

I know what you mean Are you planning to apply for Manchester btw? You would easily pass the ukcat cut off with your score. Thanks, I'm not really sure what the MRC button is used for but I do plan to use alt+n and alt+f too
    I was looking at Southampton so I might apply there, my GCSEs weren't that great, 6a's & 4b's, so I'm trying to avoid GCSE heavy Uni's. I'm not sure how much Manchester look at them but I'll definitely look into it so thanks!
    And I think the MRC button memorises a specific number but tbh I've never needed it, I find it much easier to write in the booklet they provided.

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at Southampton so I might apply there, my GCSEs weren't that great, 6a's & 4b's, so I'm trying to avoid GCSE heavy Uni's. I'm not sure how much Manchester look at them but I'll definitely look into it so thanks!
    And I think the MRC button memorises a specific number but tbh I've never needed it, I find it much easier to write in the booklet they provided.
    It was nice of them to provide a booklet for you. Last year my test centre gave me a laminated piece of A4 paper and a pen which I couldn't rub off lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    How do you convert raw marks to a score?
    You can use this document
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf UKCAT Approx Conversions (1).pdf (74.7 KB, 123 views)

ReputationRep:
    It was nice of them to provide a booklet for you. Last year my test centre gave me a laminated piece of A4 paper and a pen which I couldn't rub off lol
    Oh okay, were you able to ask for more paper? The booklet had around 6 pages and it was erasable (kind of hard to erase it though) and if we needed more we could ask for it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, were you able to ask for more paper? The booklet had around 6 pages and it was erasable (kind of hard to erase it though) and if we needed more we could ask for it.
    I didn't ask as I didn't want to waste time, I'll ask before I start the test this year though

ReputationRep:
    I didn't ask as I didn't want to waste time, I'll ask before I start the test this year though
    That's a good idea, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    That's a good idea, good luck!
    Thanks!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.