Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember their answers to 2b, 4ia, 4ib, and the roots question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC98)
    Anyone remember their answers to 2b, 4ia, 4ib, and the roots question?
    n(n^2 - 3n -9)/2(n + 2)

x=(r/q)[1-e^-(qt/p)]

y=(2/5)sin(theta)-(1/5)cos(theta)+(1/5)e^-2theta

Not entirely sure I remember what the roots question was?

Edit: oh I remember now

2e^i(pi/24, 13pi/24, -23pi/24, -11pi/24)

Your roots may be different, add 2pi to ones you don't match with just to check if they're equal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    Yes it was can't remember what I put but I'm assuming i lost a mark.
    No you wouldn't lose a mark. I put it in that form as well (it didn't specify). There was a paper in the past which had an answer to 3sf so we'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    n(n^2 - 3n -9)/2(n + 2)

x=(r/q)[1-e^-(qt/p)]

y=(2/5)sin(theta)-(1/5)cos(theta)+(1/5)e^-2theta

Not entirely sure I remember what the roots question was?

Edit: oh I remember now

2e^i(pi/24, 13pi/24, -23pi/24, -11pi/24)

Your roots may be different, add 2pi to ones you don't match with just to check if they're equal
    For the series proof. I wrote out non simplified sum of the series, after simplifying my final answer was in that form, but it was wrong. I tried it again after the exam and wrote out the non simplified equation as I had in the exam and I got the right answer this time. How many marks would I lose for that?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering whats happened to the unofficial mark scheme.. it's been 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    For the series proof. I wrote out non simplified sum of the series, after simplifying my final answer was in that form, but it was wrong. I tried it again after the exam and wrote out the non simplified equation as I had in the exam and I got the right answer this time. How many marks would I lose for that?
    I'm useless at estimating these sorts of things Zacken should be able to give you a better idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Just wondering whats happened to the unofficial mark scheme.. it's been 24 hours.
    Chill, I woke up late. Currently on Q6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Chill, I woke up late. Currently on Q6.
    Hey I saw your post where you said you only need 5 marks or something to get A*. How is that even possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fpmaniac)
    Hey I saw your post where you said you only need 5 marks or something to get A*. How is that even possible?
    Already sat M1, M1, M3, S1, S2, S3 in Jan and I've sat S3 in June already so I barely need anything in FP2/3 to get the A*

ReputationRep:
    Already sat M1, M1, M3, S1, S2, S3 in Jan and I've sat S3 in June already so I barely need anything in FP2/3 to get the A*
    So your sitting 8 FM subjects and 6 Maths subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    No you wouldn't lose a mark. I put it in that form as well (it didn't specify). There was a paper in the past which had an answer to 3sf so we'll be fine.
    No but I'm assuming I rounded it wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fpmaniac)
    So your sitting 8 FM subjects and 6 Maths subjects?
    7 FM and 6 maths:

C1-4, M1-3, S1-3, FP1-3 = (4 + 2) + (1 + 3 + 3) = 6 + 7

ReputationRep:
    7 FM and 6 maths:

C1-4, M1-3, S1-3, FP1-3 = (4 + 2) + (1 + 3 + 3) = 6 + 7
    Will you post unofficial MS on here or start a new thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by athers116)
    Will you post unofficial MS on here or start a new thread?
    New thread.

ReputationRep:
    New thread.
    ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    New thread.
    Hey Zacken, how many marks do you think I lost in the polar coordinates if I substituted in the wrong limits for BOTH curves? My integration is correct and I added both areas up at the end so I should get those method marks...everything is correct apart from the limits and final answer

ReputationRep:
    On the last question i worked out the area of the circle and took off the area of the bit on the right. The method works but i must've made a numerical error in the exam. How many marks lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by athers116)
    On the last question i worked out the area of the circle and took off the area of the bit on the right. The method works but i must've made a numerical error in the exam. How many marks lost?
    Why do you think it's a circle?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think it's a circle?
    r=7cos(theta) is a circle with radius 3.5

ReputationRep:
    For the polar coordinates question did you guys get cos(theta) = 0.74 and for theta got a decimal answer in radians?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.