Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
    Check this link, it's the question about working out with mixed fractions.
    Thanks, bro. Now, I think I got that right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMaxMapsMats)
    Thanks, bro. Now, I think I got that right.
    Not a problem

ReputationRep:
    excuse me can you please inform me of the completed grade boundries , thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    Same but aim for 95-100 marks in paper 2 (totally possible if you really want it) and we can get that A*
    We can do this

How are you revising for the calculator then and how much? I'm just gonna do as many past questions as I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorntonali)
    I'm aiming for a C aswell (not that I'll get it😂😂)
    I think to be completely safe 70 overall (with both papers combined)
    Lol I'll be retaking in November then, I've only got 25 marks so far from the unofficial mark scheme so I need like 45 marks on the calculator paper to make sure I pass:ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    In retrospect, it seems my subconscious thinks that 2 x 2 x 2.5 = 30

This probably won't help the fact that I need to get an A* in Maths to do Further Maths at A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the answers to the aqa C1, P1, B1 papers?

ReputationRep:
    Also, are these the full answers to the 2016 Maths paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    We can do this

How are you revising for the calculator then and how much? I'm just gonna do as many past questions as I can
    At least 2 hrs a day now I just go through all topics (from grade D-A*) and practise questions on them or watch videos on them if I don't understand something. As you said, I also do lots of past papers and sometimes my tutor will give me a few a-level questions to do to try and push my thinking. That is by no means necessary but no harm done

ReputationRep:
    We can do this

At least 2 hrs a day now I just go through all topics (from grade D-A*) and practise questions on them or watch videos on them if I don't understand something. As you said, I also do lots of past papers and sometimes my teacher will give me a few a-level questions to do to try and push my thinking. That is by no means necessary but no harm done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senpyi)
    Lol I'll be retaking in November then, I've only got 25 marks so far from the unofficial mark scheme so I need like 45 marks on the calculator paper to make sure I pass:ashamed:
    If you're stronger on the calculator paper, you can do it! I'm supposedly better at non-calc where I've counted 36 marks but on the mocks for the calculator papers I get about 19 marks so yeah I'm screwed
    I'm sure you'll be okay, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    At least 2 hrs a day now I just go through all topics (from grade D-A*) and practise questions on them or watch videos on them if I don't understand something. As you said, I also do lots of past papers and sometimes my teacher will give me a few a-level questions to do to try and push my thinking. That is by no means necessary but no harm done
    I might try that actually, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I might try that actually, thank you!
    Np and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain how you got 90 teachers
    I can't believe I got stuck on question 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliyahh16)
    2/5 = 36 (amount of males)

Therefore 3/5 = amount of females

1/5 = 18

3/5 = 18*3 = 54

36+54 = 90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    This is what Edexcel told me last summer.

"A levels and GCSEs are taken all over the world by thousands of international students. Unfortunately, due to time zoning, it is not possible all students to sit the examinations at the exact time as our UK candidates, meaning they will sit later in the day. Technically, posting any content online is a copyright issue, but the primary concern for us is where a paper and answers are posted within 24 hours of an examination being sat. We ask all our teachers that they abide by the exam board's regulations in order to uphold the integrity of the examination.

As it causes a large number of complaints, may I ask that in future, you observe the 24 hour moratorium before posting the examination online?

Very kind thanks

Matthew Greenhalgh
    Investigations Team
    Business Improvement and Regulation
    Pearson Education"

This really needs to be sorted out because the FULL answer paper that was published on here makes a mockery of the whole situation.

If this paper is sat in different time zones, why don't Edexcel produce regional-zone GCSE papers like with the IGCSE Edexcel maths?

OR

Why don't Edexcel make it compulsory that overseas schools sit IGCSE (if they haven't already done so).
    The situation is only going to get worse in future years with improved technology and communications.

Come on Edexcel, clarify the situation !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliyahh16)
    It tells you that 3/5th of the teachers are female, which means 2/5th are male, and it also tells you that there are 36 male teachers, which means that 2/5th of all the teachers=36. If you let x= the total amount of teachers, then 2/5th of x(male teachers)=36, then you can rearrange to get the value of x. 5*36=180, and 180/2=90, so x=90.

That's how I did it in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    2/5 = 36 (amount of males)

Therefore 3/5 = amount of females

1/5 = 18

3/5 = 18*3 = 54

36+54 = 90
    woah that's so simple!
    I hope I got that bc I changed my answer like 3 times

ReputationRep:
    For Question 5 (Estimate 892 ÷ 18.9)
    I got the answer 50 (lack of concentration) but now i know the real answer is 45. However because it is an estimate question would i get any marks since my answer was near the correct answer?

ReputationRep:
    for the probability of the raining tennis match one (can't remember the exact wording) i put 4000/10000 which cancels out to the correct answer of 0.4 - would i still get the marks even though i put it as a fraction and not a decimal?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.