Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    Anyone planning on checking UCAS first before getting your results ?

Imagine getting your firm and finding out they were kind enough to take someone with EEE 🙄
    Though most mid ranked Uni's are more likely to do this I guess ?
    Depends on when I wake up, I think. But if I wake up later I'll definitely check Track first, not results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    I'm worried that my AS results will put off ICL, UCL, Bath and Surrey from wanting me. They are the only unis that i fell in lve with straight away!
    Aren't you doing the new spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    Aren't you doing the new spec?
    It depends what subjects they're taking. Not all subjects have changed to the new spec yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    I don't think I will have the courage to check UCAS before getting my results! Although I seem to be in the minority there
    I see it more as having the courage to wait!!! Imagine getting to your school and then finding out you missed your offer by a grade or 2 and start to break down only to find out when you check track that you got in!!! Whereas if you check track first you can break down at home and have a rough idea about what you are doing and can mentally prepare yourself for the bad grades.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will have the courage to check UCAS before getting my results! Although I seem to be in the minority there
    I might do this too, still undecided

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I see it more as having the courage to wait!!! Imagine getting to your school and then finding out you missed your offer by a grade or 2 and start to break down only to find out when you check track that you got in!!! Whereas if you check track first you can break down at home and have a rough idea about what you are doing and can mentally prepare yourself for the bad grades.
    Oh god, if I had to travel for an hour to get my results from my sixth form I'd definitely check Track first, but my college uploads results to an online portal so I can access them from home from around 8AM. My uni flat out said they won't be accepting any near misses except for in extenuating circumstances, which makes Track even more scary!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, if I had to travel for an hour to get my results from my sixth form I'd definitely check Track first, but my college uploads results to an online portal so I can access them from home from around 8AM. My uni flat out said they won't be accepting any near misses except for in extenuating circumstances, which makes Track even more scary!
    See with track updating nearly 7:30 and having to go to school to collect results at 8:30, which includes a 15 minute speach form the head and sixth form leaders. So don't actually get them until 8:45 and then couldn't get to look at track until 10:30 because they expect us to tell them what's happening and sign forms or something so I'd much rather look first.

And which uni is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    See with track updating nearly 7:30 and having to go to school to collect results at 8:30, which includes a 15 minute speach form the head and sixth form leaders. So don't actually get them until 8:45 and then couldn't get to look at track until 10:30 because they expect us to tell them what's happening and sign forms or something so I'd much rather look first.

And which uni is that?
    oooh fair enough, in your circumstances I'd definitely check Track first.

It's Durham university, I don't know if they mean it or they just said that to us on the post offer visit day to motivate us to work harder, but the chem department was apparently massively oversubscribed this year so I couldn't see myself getting in if I were to miss my grades

ReputationRep:
    oooh fair enough, in your circumstances I'd definitely check Track first.

It's Durham university, I don't know if they mean it or they just said that to us on the post offer visit day to motivate us to work harder, but the chem department was apparently massively oversubscribed this year so I couldn't see myself getting in if I were to miss my grades
    yeah, that's the plan.

I'm sure you'll do fine either way

ReputationRep:
    What time does Track start updating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiehaddad)
    What time does Track start updating?
    8:00 officially, 7:30 onwards more often.

looking forward to results day because....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    means i can sneak into the art rooms and steal borrow some A3 paper cos ran out :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Fair warning: there's some scary looking stats due for release from UCAS tomorrow on predicted v actual A level grades. It's likely the press will pick up on it. Please don't panic about the big numbers of people who missed predicted grades in the past. a) a lot of them still got places and b) past behaviour does not predict future behaviour. Watching this thread it seems clear a lot of you aren't expecting to hit your predicted grades - all these stats will show is that you're not alone.
    I was predicted D grades anyhoo, so I am not too worried! In fact, the nerves have only just begun to creep up on me :-/

ReputationRep:
    PQ I haven't seen anything on those stats you mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi101)
    Best of luck with your results guys!
    I hope the grade boundaries are ever in your favour
    Thank you! You too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    PQ I haven't seen anything on those stats you mentioned?
    They came out: https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...chieving-their

Looks like the stabbings last night distracted the press.
    headlines

"In 2015, 22.2 per cent of applicants missed by one point, and 21.6 per cent missed by two points. 15.1 per cent missed by three points while 15.7 per cent missed by more than three points.
    Around half of applicants missed their predicted attainment by two or more points.

"In 2015, 16.8 per cent of applicants met their predicted attainment exactly, while 6.3 per cent exceeded by one grade, 1.9 per cent by two grades, 0.4 per cent by three grades and less than 0.1 per cent by three or more grades."

So 1 in 6 applicants met their predictions

1 in 5 missed by 1 grade
    another 1 in 5 missed by 2 grades
    and another 1 in 6 missed by 3+ grades

(in total 58.9% (nearly 3/5) missed their predicted grades)

Only 1/4 of applicants exceeded their predictions

"The predicted grades for A levels taken in physics were most likely to have been higher than the grade achieved, with the predicted grades in 63.8 per cent of A levels in this subject being higher than the grade achieved in 2015. The proportion of predicted grades that were higher than those achieved was also relatively high for A levels in biology (61.0 per cent), psychology (59.4 per cent) and chemistry (58.5 per cent)."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    They came out: https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-...chieving-their

Looks like the stabbings last night distracted the press.
    headlines

"In 2015, 22.2 per cent of applicants missed by one point, and 21.6 per cent missed by two points. 15.1 per cent missed by three points while 15.7 per cent missed by more than three points. Around half of applicants missed their predicted attainment by two or more points. "In 2015, 16.8 per cent of applicants met their predicted attainment exactly, while 6.3 per cent exceeded by one grade, 1.9 per cent by two grades, 0.4 per cent by three grades and less than 0.1 per cent by three or more grades. "So 1 in 6 applicants met their predictions1 in 5 missed by 1 gradeanother 1 in 5 missed by 2 gradesand another 1 in 6 missed by 3+ grades(in total 58.9% (nearly 3/5) missed their predicted grades)Only 1/4 of applicants exceeded their predictions"The predicted grades for A levels taken in physics were most likely to have been higher than the grade achieved, with the predicted grades in 63.8 per cent of A levels in this subject being higher than the grade achieved in 2015. The proportion of predicted grades that were higher than those achieved was also relatively high for A levels in biology (61.0 per cent), psychology (59.4 per cent) and chemistry (58.5 per cent)."
    Thanks, I'll read now
    I was googling every so often but couldn't find anything, thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    Do grade boundaries ever get leaked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Do grade boundaries ever get leaked?
    praying someone uploads them like NOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Thank you! You too!
    Thankfully for me the waiting is over (one of the few people on here that took IB) Looking forward to see who my fellow classmates might be

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.