Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait anymore. I just wanna know. Last year's year 11s knew this time last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Life complete, tears in my eyes if we do well because it will legit be thanks to him. I said in English once that "I got an A* in my language mock thanks to Mr Bruf." and my teacher would just rip into me about it all year. She was clearly jealous hahah
    Haha it's so true though - pretty sure most of us learnt absolutely nothing about lang from our English teachers (and Lit for me too ). Hopefully binge watching his videos the night before was effective because that, + the mocks, was literally the only thing I did for it
    I'm definitely going to tell my Eng teacher that it was down to Mr Bruff like you did just to get her reaction; she hates me enough as it is so it can't get any worse
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry for the late reply - notification thing is saying i have nothing even though i do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Haha it's so true though - pretty sure most of us learnt absolutely nothing about lang from our English teachers (and Lit for me too ). Hopefully binge watching his videos the night before was effective because that, + the mocks, was literally the only thing I did for it
    I'm definitely going to tell my Eng teacher that it was down to Mr Bruff like you did just to get her reaction; she hates me enough as it is so it can't get any worse
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry for the late reply - notification thing is saying i have nothing even though i do :rolleyes:
    Yeah I'm not getting any notifications?? Mr Bruff; total hero.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting any notifications either :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    Yeah I'm not getting any notifications?? Mr Bruff; total hero.
    Nice use of a semicolon; Mr Bruff taught you well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Me? Not so much, since I'm not sure I used it correctly just then :lol:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how many marks you need out of 130 to get a b in igcse english??

ReputationRep:
    Lol I just got the "we'll be proud of you no matter what you get, you tried your best" lecture :lol:

AKA the "we're not that confident about your grades anymore but we don't want you to feel bad" speech

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Lol I just got the "we'll be proud of you no matter what you get, you tried your best" lecture :lol:

AKA the "we're not that confident about your grades anymore but we don't want you to feel bad" speech
    Yeah I keep getting that from my mum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think my mum's literally stopped caring.

She expects much better results than I do - but if I don't get what she wants me to get, she'll have some excuse lined up to why I didn't do as well as she expects me to.

I've already told her if I don't get what I want, I'm going to Norway (Being half serious).
    Flight tickets are £36 - Anyone wanna join me?

ReputationRep:
    I only did two modules this year, so I will only be getting two results.. I am sh*ting myself, so I do not know how the rest of you're coping!!

Good Luck tho!

ReputationRep:
    Also, out of interest did anyone do CCEA Chemistry (Unit 1, higher tier) or RS (ethics, paper 8)?

ReputationRep:
    as long as i pass maths i am good to go
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gaary kasparov)
    does anyone know how many marks you need out of 130 to get a b in igcse english??
    86 If I remember correctly, 96 for A 106 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    If anyone is bored or anxious about their results there's a personality test which you decides which personality you have based on the choices you make, you can take it here hopefully it will take you mind off results day for a bit

My personality Advocate which is very rare, making up less than 1% of the population, that makes me feel a little bit special
    I got Protagonist Personality (ENFJ-A) 2% of the population apparently- does take your mind of GCSEs and make you feel just a bit special!

I wager an apple pie from McDonald's for surina16 to lose next countdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I wager an apple pie from McDonald's for surina16 to lose next countdown.
    loooollll i said i couldn't be bothered anymore
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    5 Days until results day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4 days for Results day...
    3 days for GBs to be released...

ReputationRep:
    3 days until grade boundaries (so close!)

ReputationRep:
    4 days to go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.