Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know 3.7 is wrong, so how many marks would I lose? I took away my answers from 34 and found which one was closet, but I was silly to do that and not use 3.75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pst123689)
    I know 3.7 is wrong, so how many marks would I lose? I took away my answers from 34 and found which one was closet, but I was silly to do that and not use 3.75
    wrong answer and not using 3.75 would be 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    wrong answer and not using 3.75 would be 2 marks
    Damn I was hoping for 3 marks oh well, I made to many silly little mistakes on this paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meegan543210)
    Yeah exactly as long as you know what you're capable of don't let one grade stop you from achieving more than you can, good luck for the future
    thanks you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    I did 145/1000 X 1.80 and got 0.261. How many marks out of 3 would be lost?
    probably a max of 1 mark. You were meant to do 145/100 I believe.

ReputationRep:
    I'm literally kicking myself so hard because the silly mistakes I made!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You know for the last question I got 81.1 because I used 3.142 as pie. And I showed my working out and I didn't round up the answers till I got the last one which is 81.1. How many marks would I get?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get for accidentally writing y=5p-x^2? question 18, instead of y=5p^2-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by densab11)
    You know for the last question I got 81.1 because I used 3.142 as pie. And I showed my working out and I didn't round up the answers till I got the last one which is 81.1. How many marks would I get?
    The front of the exam paper tells you you can use 3.142. So long as you did not round on ANY calculations and it came to 81.1 (need to check) then you should be okay

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get for accidentally writing y=5p-x^2? question 18, instead of y=5p^2-x

(Original post by Pst123689)
    It's out of 3 so you would either get 1 or 2 depending on how harsh the examiner is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For question 23. I found the upper bound for both V and U. V=14 and U=8.7. I was supposed to find the lower bound for the U. I got 28.75 as final answer and it should be 29.25. How many marks would I get? Tot marks is 3

ReputationRep:
    For question 23. I found the upper bound for both V and U. V=14 and U=8.7. I was supposed to find the lower bound for the U. I got 28.75 as final answer and it should be 29.25. How many marks would I get? Tot marks is 3
    I'd say around 1 mark. Mark yourself harshly so then you'll definitely know the marks you have and if you mark yourself leniently you might find yourself doing a bit worse than you thought!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    Apologies for delay.

Finding the angle (using absinC/2) followed by trigonometry, pythagoras, subtraction and trigonometry followed by adding the angles together is a ridiculously, long-winded and brilliantly way of doing it, well done !!!
    Thank you, don't worry about the delay! It did take at least 5 minutes for me to answer this question at the end, which was why I was concerned about whether or not I had done it right. It's soothing to know that I didn't just get the correct answer by some random stroke of luck. Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    i got 142 on both papers i reckon which is maybe 20 marks (max) of an A*

ReputationRep:
    just realised i forgot the key on the stem and leaf question fml. Would i drop only 1 mark for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uwotfam)
    just realised i forgot the key on the stem and leaf question fml. Would i drop only 1 mark for that?
    yep. 2/3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, for the trial and error question i got the answer wrong and put 3.7.... Im pretty sure i did all of the working out right... How many marks would i gain without the correct answer?

ReputationRep:
    You should get full marks because it said on the front of the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djandrewful)
    Hey, for the trial and error question i got the answer wrong and put 3.7.... Im pretty sure i did all of the working out right... How many marks would i gain without the correct answer?
    You will probably only lose one mark

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.