Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Azerbaijan's song (and Ireland's) sounded like something that might have greeted Osama Bin Laden as he marched through the gates of hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    Nah, it's like having North American pop idol then letting Brazil win.... Seriously Azerbaijan are so far east..... They're classed a Asia, I'm surprised the EBU broadcast out there.
    They're also classed as being in Europe. Let's not forget the joy that is Russia which is also in Asia.

Well done Azerbaijan. I enjoyed their song and it was better than Jedward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    **** off. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Have Girls aloud perform or somethingg
    Girls aloud are on par with Blue.... Elton John should totally perform, he's gay, this is eurovision, he'd win even with 3 minutes of silence.

(Original post by morris743)
    I'm putting you on ignore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm putting you on ignore.
    Dave just text. Collect your things in the morning. Not personally, though. He can't stand the sight of you. Denmark indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    Girls aloud are on par with Blue.... Elton John should totally perform, he's gay, this is eurovision, he'd win even with 3 minutes of silence.
    Hmm, I'd say they have a bigger fanbase atm, maybe around Europe (then again they're not even together)

In fact our next entry should literally be 3 minutes of silence, Elton John just sitting by a Piano and doing nothing

ReputationRep:
    100 points - 10 times better than 2010, not too bad

Hope we actually win it in 2010. Have Girls aloud perform or somethingg
    I fail to see the correlation between "Girls Aloud" and "win".

ReputationRep:
    Damn, why the hell Azerbaijan won?
    I didn't like Lena's song, I didn't like Rybal's song, but I understood why they won, but Azerbaijan??? Maybe just for beautiful lights/lamps? D NO IDEA....
    I think Sweden, Russia, Estonia or UK had to win...
    Of course I am Lithuanian, so I was for my country too, but of course we had no chances, like always :}

ReputationRep:
    Eurovision confuses me. Is there an unwritten rule that you must field a cheesy act as opposed to Adele or something.

ReputationRep:
    The awkward moment when The Eurovision wont be held in Europe next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brigitta)
    Damn, why the hell Azerbaijan won?
    I didn't like Lena's song, I didn't like Rybal's song, but I understood why they won, but Azerbaijan??? Maybe just for beautiful lights/lamps? D NO IDEA....
    I think Sweden, Russia, Estonia or UK had to win...
    Of course I am Lithuanian, so I was for my country too, but of course we had no chances, like always :}
    No, Lithuania 2006 was epic - WE ARE THE WINNERS OF EUROVISION :rofl2:

You were just in the same year as Lordi unfortunately :nopity:

(Original post by morris743)
    Dave just text. Collect your things in the morning. Not personally, though. He can't stand the sight of you. Denmark indeed.
    You can tell him, from me, he can go suck my balls. Denmark owns! Plus, Lars is miles better looking than him, and doesn't need photoshop to 'tart' him up.

ReputationRep:
    The awkward moment when the country that wins the Eurovision isn't in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    The awkward moment when The Eurovision wont be held in Europe next year...
    Srsly where is Azerbaijan lol... somewhere around west Russia right? Georgia?

ReputationRep:
    some of the women were very sexy :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Srsly where is Azerbaijan lol... somewhere around west Russia right? Georgia?
    East of Georgia, south of Russia. Borders Iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    The awkward moment when the country that wins the Eurovision isn't in Europe.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    They're also classed as being in Europe. Let's not forget the joy that is Russia which is also in Asia.

Well done Azerbaijan. I enjoyed their song and it was better than Jedward.
    Okay then Iran is European too. I mean come on now, no one likes to set border limits and shut people out. But there has to be an acceptance of where one continent begins and one generally ends. Free for all!

ReputationRep:
    25 countriies on theee earth 25 countriess on the erthhh you take UK downnn pass it arounddd 24 countries onnthe earthhh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.