24.74%
Tom (125)
43.55%
GoonerTom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jim's a quality contender although he does seem to be losing the authority he gained in the first few shows. Not sure who's gonna win, could be pretty much anyone except for hopelessly limp Leon. Although it must be said I have a soft spot for Melody...
PatrickC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't stand it when people dislike Jim, he's been turned upon in the last few episodes, I don't think he's been on form recently. He was smashing it in the beginning, and i'm glad he scraped through tonight. I think if he makes it through these midway episodes he'll be a sure contender, especially in the interviews round
charcharchar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jontylol)

Ahahaha Tom's hair!!
LOL where did you find this!? I feel the need to find every Tom picture on the internet I can so I can stalk him... :love:
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
I'll do it. :sexface:
Link me please :ahee:

Spoiler:
Show
I'm serious...
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
zoe looked cool in her dress
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought both magazines were appalling. Very patronising to the target audience. Hip Replacement was actually awful. Have they never met a 60+ person? I'm 17 and I know that a name like 'Hip Replacement' for a magazine like that is bad taste and frankly incredibly offensive. It went completely against what their focus group said. 65 year olds are like 40 year olds these days. There is not that much difference. Off course they know how to use basic technology!

The lads mag was actually better although it was still crap. Tom and Helen had it right but Natasha just bulldozed her outdated idea of what young men like. Felt sorry for Tom, he seemed almost...sickened by the theme and having to photograph those girls lol.

Jim disappointed me today. He chose the wrong ideas. I agree with what someone said above, it's not his hypnotic influence that is his problem because that's a good thing, it's his bad ideas and his bad choice in what ideas to go with that causes him to lose. He's such a Slytherin! A bit of a coward I feel. My mum thinks he's arrogant but I felt that he's insecure. Almost like he's scared to admit to any mistakes because he'll lose all confidence in himself. I don't think he'll win but he'll last for a bit. Nick hates him with a passion. He still has the Irish charm I think, just uses it in the wrong places and is too scared to admit mistakes which make him look like a ****.

Glenn shouldn't have been fired and I thought that was incredibly unfair of Lord Sugar. Almost inappropriate to accept a guy into the show if you know you're not going to like him and fire him anyway, don't you think? Loved the Zoe/Glenn moments though

I want to see Tom as a PM now - he's not been one yet. I want to see if he's any good (which I pray to God that he is!) Although, at the beginning of this process, I thought the women were rubbish in comparison to the men, I take that back wholeheartedly now because my favourite to win is Helen
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My thoughts.

1. Hip Replacement magazine was awful, such a bad name.
2. Zoe should have been fired (well, she should've been fired last week).
3. Jim isn't as good as I once thought he was.
4. Susan is looking to be a good candidate these days.
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by S_123)
Link me please :ahee:

Spoiler:
Show
I'm serious...
So am I.

Spoiler:
Show
I'll PM you :ninja:
starburst92
Report 7 years ago
urghh cant stand zoe and then the fact shes going out with Glenn makes me hate her even more
Indian_Princess
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i really don't get why Zoe stayed; she's bad at business, she's a *****, she's annoying, she looks like ass and she's f-ing boooring and so won't even make good telly!! wtf Lord Sugar wtf :sigh:
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They should have used Helen for the photoshoot. Way nicer than the girl on the cover.
vn2009
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't believe Jim didn't get fired this week. I liked him up until this episode. I really saw his manipulative side.

Susan need to be more authoritative if she has any chance of getting to the final stages.

Also did anyone notice how angry lord sugar became when he was talking about the article about tech in hip replacement? He was like "you trying to piss me off" or something like that lol
JmJtr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is Natasha begining to annoy anyone else aswell? I almost cried/**** myself when her team won
Magical Moogles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last week or so I thought Jim had been wrongly pidgeon-holed as the "evil" guy in the series, but this weeks episode I can't stand him anymore. I totally see what people are getting at now.

I never liked Glenn, it was simply a case of being too arrogant for my liking. I can't believe Zoe is *still* in this though (AAAaaargh!:mad:). I quite like Susan, and I think Nick Hewer thinks shes a promising candidate.

I've said it every week, but I still have that strong feeling Helen is going to win this. I can't believe she hasn't failed a task yet, its pretty impressive.
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
''It was actually's Bambi's mother that got shot'' - Alan Sugar 2011
:rofl2:
Roobsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can someone explain to me why people keep saying Zoe should have been fired this week? Because if I remember correctly, Nick Hewer actually defended her in You're Hired saying she was on to something with the idea of an over 60's magazine and called her a smart woman. Even Claudine Collins (who was in the actual episode) said Jim should have listened to Zoe and that she spoke the most sense.

Get over the fact she has a monotonous voice. Chris last season did and no one came out declaring their hatred of him because of his voice. I'm not saying Zoe is the best candidate but it's getting boring reading "Zoe should have got fired, I hate her voice, it's so boring, bla bla bla".

Last week was a borderline decision considering she was PM and admitted she messed up but this week people are just acting like sheep. Sugs obviously didn't fire her for a reason.
KoalaKim
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
Can someone explain to me why people keep saying Zoe should have been fired this week? Because if I remember correctly, Nick Hewer actually defended her in You're Hired saying she was on to something with the idea of an over 60's magazine and called her a smart woman. Even Claudine Collins (who was in the actual episode) said Jim should have listened to Zoe and that she spoke the most sense.

Get over the fact she has a monotonous voice. Chris last season did and no one came out declaring their hatred of him because of his voice. I'm not saying Zoe is the best candidate but it's getting boring reading "Zoe should have got fired, I hate her voice, it's so boring, bla bla bla".

Last week was a borderline decision considering she was PM and admitted she messed up but this week people are just acting like sheep. Sugs obviously didn't fire her for a reason.
You are right... i think that Susan is quite similar, she normally gets the right end of the stick but no one listens to her!!
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone really is ganging up on Susan. If she went on this show in a couple of years she would have had the confidence to back up her correct points.
Tom is very similar. They both need to be more aggresive and assertive in their points. However, I don't understand why they are criticised for not putting their point across stronger.
Usually, Tom or Susan puts their point across and the PM laughs at them/tells them to be quiet and then the rest of the team agree with the PM.

Then in the boardroom Sugar moans at them for not being more forceful. However, when people were more forceful in previous series he criticised them for not being a team player.

:facepalm2:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)

I think she did do pretty well on the task but I really dislike her bullying and belittiling of Susan.

At the beginning of the season I didn't really warm to Susan and I still haven't tbh. But I am routing for her now because of the way nearly everyone treats her.

She is young, attractive (despite looking like a piranha), intelligent and one of the stronger candidates. So they have all taken a dislike to her after seeing how a few of them (especially Zoe) have managed to bully and belittle her.
Roobsa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Everyone really is ganging up on Susan. If she went on this show in a couple of years she would have had the confidence to back up her correct points.
Tom is very similar. They both need to be more aggresive and assertive in their points. However, I don't understand why they are criticised for not putting their point across stronger.
Usually, Tom or Susan puts their point across and the PM laughs at them/tells them to be quiet and then the rest of the team agree with the PM.

Then in the boardroom Sugar moans at them for not being more forceful. However, when people were more forceful in previous series he criticised them for not being a team player.

:facepalm2:
I don't think the way she acted in the boardroom did her any favours with Jim saying that both him and Glen didn't have any initiative in setting up a business at 19. That argument felt desperate in my opinion. Though she did have a fair point about that the fact that she does actually run a successful business whereas the Jim and Glen don't, which ultimately is what the winning candidate will get to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise