Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the lovely compliments on my wee doodle! Loads on another site just said it "rapes the series" "makes no sense" and "totally ruins what the daleks are", so I doubt ill be doodling off-the-cuff Dr Who stuff again! Rabid fanboy attacks much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Thanks for the lovely compliments on my wee doodle! Loads on another site just said it "rapes the series" "makes no sense" and "totally ruins what the daleks are", so I doubt ill be doodling off-the-cuff Dr Who stuff again! Rabid fanboy attacks much!!
    Well it's obviously not meant to be directly from the series, so I don't see what the harm is in reimagining things! I think it looks great personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Well it's obviously not meant to be directly from the series, so I don't see what the harm is in reimagining things! I think it looks great personally
    This was personally my logic; I just like taking the ethos and applying it elsewhere.

For example I get ripped apart for some of my Cartoon Network stuff, or my take on Zelda's Great Fairy;

Practically all of my stuff on my doodlepad gets slated (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2084979) but I personally just do it because I enjoy the worlds and the stimulus within them.

I was going to draw a Cyberman battle but I ended up not bothering because of the influx of hate!

ReputationRep:
    This was personally my logic; I just like taking the ethos and applying it elsewhere.

For example I get ripped apart for some of my Cartoon Network stuff, or my take on Zelda's Great Fairy;

Practically all of my stuff on my doodlepad gets slated (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2084979) but I personally just do it because I enjoy the worlds and the stimulus within them.

I was going to draw a Cyberman battle but I ended up not bothering because of the influx of hate!
    Man, your works are amazing! Really!

ReputationRep:
    That artwork is absolutely brill :yep:

Just in case anyone is interested, Watch is starting to show season 6 of Doctor Who as of tonight at 8:00pm :godancing: I completely missed this season so i'm pretty stoked to finally catch up with it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    That artwork is absolutely brill :yep:

Just in case anyone is interested, Watch is starting to show season 6 of Doctor Who as of tonight at 8:00pm :godancing: I completely missed this season so i'm pretty stoked to finally catch up with it.
    Also, BBC3 is showing season 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

That's a shame, I'd love to see more Doctor Who sketches, for instance your take on the 10 and 11th Doctor, Companions etc. I just looked through all of your doodlepad, again I have to say your art's awesome! Was the hate from here or another site? Anyway it's annoying that people don't appreciate it, art is all about self expression and lets us see things through the artists eyes.

P.S. I see you're working for Ubisoft, Watch_dogs is probably the game I've been most looking forward to this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    That's a shame, I'd love to see more Doctor Who sketches, for instance your take on the 10 and 11th Doctor, Companions etc. I just looked through all of your doodlepad, again I have to say your art's awesome! Was the hate from here or another site? Anyway it's annoying that people don't appreciate it, art is all about self expression and lets us see things through the artists eyes.

P.S. I see you're working for Ubisoft, Watch_dogs is probably the game I've been most looking forward to this year!
    Ha, nice!! Yeah, the subteam I'm a part of is actually working on The Crew, though our office is handling Watch Dogs too.

Oh, and PS - here's another lightning-quick 20-minute pen sketch to rile up the Whovian purists again.... a battle-damaged Cyberman done in my style.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, nice!! Yeah, the subteam I'm a part of is actually working on The Crew, though our office is handling Watch Dogs too.

Oh, and PS - here's another lightning-quick 20-minute pen sketch to rile up the Whovian purists again.... a battle-damaged Cyberman done in my style.

Epic! How on earth do you do them so quickly?

ReputationRep:
    ^ That is pretty much the coolest thing in the world.

(Original post by shadowdweller)
    Also, BBC3 is showing season 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yep: Been watching it since Dinosaurs On a Spaceship. I've actually been surprised by how good it is seeing how Moffat is considered to be the nerd equivalent of the Anti-Christ who is ruining the whole show. If Smith prances around the Tardis one more time though i'll have to throw my shoe at the TV.

Gyah, got really excited then as I saw news stories saying Doctor Who Confidential would be returning but it turns out they just thought that the reveal show would be one :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Doctor Who BBC prom will be on BBC on Bank Holiday Monday 4pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Huh, I thought they were showing it near to the 50th Anniversary. Many thanks :^_^: Judging by the odd clip we have, it should be rather wonderful.

ReputationRep:

Love it! And that must be so cool and rewarding working on major games

Thanks! I listened to it on the radio but will be nice to actually see it

ReputationRep:
    Fun fact of the day: The person who played the Master in the 1996 film is going to be starring in Human Centipede 3

what

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Fun fact of the day: The person who played the Master in the 1996 film is going to be starring in Human Centipede 3

what
    Bwahahaha, oh that is messed up :rofl: I guess even the Master needs a hobby even if it is human experimentation, he was hardly going to be into stamp collecting was he?

It'll certainly make the DW film creepier knowing that the Master gets his rocks off torturing people like that :erm: If he's playing the antagonist that is. Which he better be, otherwise i'll just feel sorry for the Master from now on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)

what
    Eric ****ing Roberts xD he's in sooo many crappy movies, it doesn't surprise me he'll be in that

ReputationRep:
    I was digging through my old daily comics I drew years ago and found this one. It's drawn AWFULLY but I figured it was relevant.

I stored them all at Double Jump (geek comics): http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/archive/

I think I must've been a bit gutted David Tennant was leaving or something.... :P

ReputationRep:
    I was digging through my old daily comics I drew years ago and found this one. It's drawn AWFULLY but I figured it was relevant.

I stored them all at Double Jump (geek comics): http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/archive/

I think I must've been a bit gutted David Tennant was leaving or something.... :P
    This is great :L

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they might well put the first trailer for the 50th anniversary after this. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they might well put the first trailer for the 50th anniversary after this. :holmes:
    Did they? I'm in the office so no TV...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.