Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee95)
    Fair response.

I'm not saying in the first place that Aguero is crap, and by the first reactions you'd think I'd said that. I personally don't watch Manchester City games so I'm simply curious about why he is rated so highly. All I can go on is goals, and he doesn't have too many, so is he a great playmaker too or...?
    As the guys above have said, injuries and off field issues have had their effect on his goal tally but he's got great dribbling ability and the knack for carving out a chance through determination (his goal on his debut against Swansea last season still comes to mind), pace, power and links up well with team mates. These are attributes that someone such as Berbatov or Giroud wouldn't necessarily possess, so yeah, offers more than just goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    As the guys above have said, injuries and off field issues have had their effect on his goal tally but he's got great dribbling ability and the knack for carving out a chance through determination (his goal on his debut against Swansea last season still comes to mind), pace, power and links up well with team mates. These are attributes that someone such as Berbatov or Giroud wouldn't necessarily possess, so yeah, offers more than just goals.
    also he won them the league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    also he won them the league
    "Agueroooooooooooooooooo"

ReputationRep:
    Out of 24 league apps this year, Wilshere has 0 goals, 4 assists. He's obviously rubbish, right? Even Stewart Downing has more, and he has 3 goals too! Think we should offer Liverpool a swap deal?

Even Snodgrass at Norwich has more assists and a goal, in less games! Wish we had him instead of sucky Wilshere.

ReputationRep:
    "Thanks Arsenal for beating Wigan and help us to avoid relegation. We will try and help Arsenal secure Top 4 by beating Spurs." Di Canio......Lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    "Thanks Arsenal for beating Wigan and help us to avoid relegation. We will try and help Arsenal secure Top 4 by beating Spurs." Di Canio......Lad
    he's an hammer through and through, hed love turn spurs over

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough thanks for the good reaponses, and Art aren't you the funny guy...

ReputationRep:
    Hope this 3rd play off malarkey doesn't happen. All it does is paint champions league football as a trophy. I'm not saying getting there isn't important. It is, and I was nervous as hell during the Wigan match and will be again this weekend. BUT, this 3rd place play off thing just paints cl qualification as something g bigger than it is. Coming 3rd in the league should never be viewed as a cause for celebration. Chelsea have been better than us when we've played them this season as the two scorelines show so they should get third if our gd is the same.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Guys, tell me if I'm wrong but I really don't get why everyone's scared of the fact that we're going away to Newcastle... I know it's not going to be the easiest match in the world but surely it can't be that hard? I mean we're talking about a team who recently got beaten by Liverpool 6-0, they're likely to use the same starting 11 if not maybe 1 or 2 changes. Pardew even made a 'joke' saying "he doesn't care if arsenal beat newcastle by 4-0"... So i don't really get the hype. It's not like we're playing flipping Bayern Munich again or something. Seriously tell me if I'm wrong cos I don't really understand why everyone's so "worried" (I'm not saying we'll beat Newcastle easily i'm just saying that it probably won't be as hard as everyone is making it out to be).

Is it because our 'rivals' Spurs and Chelsea are at home for their final match and we're away? Cos seriously we could have been playing a more challenging team like Everton or even Swansea... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KdzR...layer_embedded Simply had to post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Guys, tell me if I'm wrong but I really don't get why everyone's scared of the fact that we're going away to Newcastle... I know it's not going to be the easiest match in the world but surely it can't be that hard? I mean we're talking about a team who recently got beaten by Liverpool 6-0, they're likely to use the same starting 11 if not maybe 1 or 2 changes. Pardew even made a 'joke' saying "he doesn't care if arsenal beat newcastle by 4-0"... So i don't really get the hype. It's not like we're playing flipping Bayern Munich again or something. Seriously tell me if I'm wrong cos I don't really understand why everyone's so "worried" (I'm not saying we'll beat Newcastle easily i'm just saying that it probably won't be as hard as everyone is making it out to be).

Is it because our 'rivals' Spurs and Chelsea are at home for their final match and we're away? Cos seriously we could have been playing a more challenging team like Everton or even Swansea... :dontknow:
    Football is a funny old game, very unpredictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Here come the Ramsey grim reaper jokes.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22537627

:zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    I swear they should look into Mike Dean's referring matches with Arsenal. I said before the match I was worried about it and sure enough another terrible decision that almost cost us the game. Was 1 game in the last 15 before this that we won when he's been in charge.
    Anyway great win and the score definitely didn't reflect how close it was. Hopefully the players realise that its not going to be easy with Newcastle on Sunday. Who do you guys think should play up front? Keep Podolski for the last match or bring back Giroud who might find it difficult to come back straight in
    Last time we played Newcastle, Giroud came off the bench and scored a brace in the last few minutes. Added to the fact that Podolski finally scored when playing up front, I'm not so sure Giroud will be straight back in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Last time we played Newcastle, Giroud came off the bench and scored a brace in the last few minutes. Added to the fact that Podolski finally scored when playing up front, I'm not so sure Giroud will be straight back in.
    Giroud will play, he is the focal point of our attack. May not be as clinical as Podolski but his link up play is important as it creates space for the likes of Cazorla and Walcott.

I'd like to see this team tbfh:

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Ramsey Wilshere

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Yes agreed. Im just glad that we got options up front again. Although I don't think Podolski is a natural striker and feel his best position is just behind the striker, Id start him and then see how things are at half time and bring Giroud in if need be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    literally the best thing I've ever heard a manager say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Yes agreed. Im just glad that we got options up front again. Although I don't think Podolski is a natural striker and feel his best position is just behind the striker, Id start him and then see how things are at half time and bring Giroud in if need be.
    4-1-3-1-1?

Sagna :: Mertesacker :: Bosscielny :: Gibbs - Arteta - Walcott :: Rosicky :: Cazorla - Podolski - Giroud??? (just changing the current team to put Poldi behind giroud, this is NOT my ideal set up )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    4-1-3-1-1?

Sagna :: Mertesacker :: Bosscielny :: Gibbs - Arteta - Walcott :: Rosicky :: Cazorla - Podolski - Giroud??? (just changing the current team to put Poldi behind giroud, this is NOT my ideal set up )
    Don't think one holding midfielder will work

And dont think we should risk changing our set up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Don't think one holding midfielder will work

And dont think we should risk changing our set up now
    As I said that was just a representation of what the poster I was replying to was suggesting, not what I'm actually proposing we do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    4-1-3-1-1?

Not saying we should do that at all..just saying that is where I think we would see the best of Podolski, hopefully next season we might see something like that. Next game we should definitely stick to our current formation with a lone striker..question is who? Im not convinced by Podolski but I think he deserves another chance just because he's obviously trying and Im not sure Giroud can come back straight in after such a long lay off.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.