Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I do not think I am very selfless I just like to help people and the people I care for, they really deserve the best care ever.

How does one be a badly behaved Catholic?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by reikazen)
    I do not think I am very selfless I just like to help people and the people I care for, they really deserve the best care ever.

How does one be a badly behaved Catholic?
    Well I still think you're awesome :yep:

Um, by not following rules and not going to church

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Well I still think you're awesome :yep:

Um, by not following rules and not going to church
    oooh I see how you are naughty now!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    oooh I see how you are naughty now!
    :getmecoat: :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Well I am giving a talk at my church tonight about joining the army , since its a process that I have been through.( not gonna join tho going to uni)

So far I just have notes , hopefully that should be enough!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well I am giving a talk at my church tonight about joining the army , since its a process that I have been through.( not gonna join tho going to uni)

So far I just have notes , hopefully that should be enough!
    I'll be sure to pray that the Spirit speaks through you. I'm sure you'll do a great job :yep:

The army! Scary stuff! :eek2: You're def much braver than me :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be sure to pray that the Spirit speaks through you. I'm sure you'll do a great job :yep:

The army! Scary stuff! :eek2: You're def much braver than me :o:
    Brave or stupid haha, still unsure what I want to do , but god seems to pull me in the right direction , everything for a reason I think.

What are you up to today?

ReputationRep:
    Okay I will do a quick introduction

Hi I am member of the church of latter days saints and I am 24 years old.I love meeting and chatting to Christians and I love to try and help people.For a job I am a care assistant for the elderly and I am currently applying to university to do operating department practice.

I was hoping to chat to like minded people here .
    Hi! Not a Mormon myself but have a lifelong friend who is. Fine people. The state of Utah wouldn't function without them. We almost had a Mormon for a President I'm sure you know. Mitt Romney would have been an excellent President. We need jobs here and he knows how to create them. Instead we got a 1960s radical. Oh well. We'll survive. Anyway I have a friend who cares for the elderly. It clearly takes a certain type of person to do that work. It really is a gift.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldcon1953)
    Hi! Not a Mormon myself but have a lifelong friend who is. Fine people. The state of Utah wouldn't function without them. We almost had a Mormon for a President I'm sure you know. Mitt Romney would have been an excellent President. We need jobs here and he knows how to create them. Instead we got a 1960s radical. Oh well. We'll survive. Anyway I have a friend who cares for the elderly. It clearly takes a certain type of person to do that work. It really is a gift.
    Thanks for saying that means a lot , it makes up for the lack of page when someone says that to me!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by IBpupil)
    Thank you for the lovely welcome! I have been 'watching' this page for a while now. I haven't been able to read the messages often, however, the ones that I have seen are definitely motivating and encouraging. Keep on doing the work of God y'all, he will not forget to repay you
    :wavey:

Welcome

(Original post by 22KT22)
    Had a truly inspiring weekend at retreat to advance. Feeling empowered as a daughter of God! We have an amazing God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad you had a good weekend! :jebus:

(Original post by CasualSoul)
    Anyone want me to pray for them?
    Yes please, health (physical and mental) and strength of faith and generally please

(Original post by Oldcon1953)
    Hello All from the U.S. first time I've posted here. This is a cool site. I would like to ask a few question about what's going on with the Body of Christ "over there".
    Hiya :wavey:

Have you ever watched 'The Vicar of Dibley'? If not, then watch it...it's an exaggerated version of much of my ecclesiastical experience so far

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Just realised I haven't spoken at all today. :moon:
    :jumphug:

(Original post by CocoaPowder)
    This is the nicest group I've come across on Tsr. God bless you all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww, thanks

Great to have you here! I'm Shan, resident badly-behaved Catholic (Aula being resident well-behaved Catholic :angel: )

That's amazing you work in caring for the elderly! What a vocation! I really admire you for it - it's not something I would ever be selfless enough to do :getmecoat:
    :hugs:

Does this mean I get to be badly-behaved Anglican? :angel:

And you have enough to do already hun, you're not selfish at all :nah: :lovehug:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    x
    x
    Congratulations on your awards :awesome: :party: :danceboy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    Thankies And of course you can be the badly-behaved Anglican, if you like!

ReputationRep:
    Every time I watch Father Brown it makes me want to become a Catholic priest just so I would be Father Brown Such is the depth of my spirituality
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Diety)
    Every time I watch Father Brown it makes me want to become a Catholic priest just so I would be Father Brown Such is the depth of my spirituality
    Dw, I have the same thing with becoming a nun just to be Julie Andrews :teehee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks!

(Original post by Diety)
    :teehee:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Thankies And of course you can be the badly-behaved Anglican, if you like!
    :party:

(Original post by Diety)
    Me three with priesthood and Dawn French :ahee:

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure I'd go quite as far as well behaved, but thanks :mmm:

(Original post by Diety)
    Maybe it's a sign... :ninja:

Tbh, the BBC Fr Brown :love:

(y'know, as long as you can ignore the liturgical issues, and the silliness of him having a little old country church in the 50s...)

Books are also wonderful. Good ol' GK Chesterton

Which reminds me, I really must share the sign at the back of the church that has my 'oops, I've slept in too late for morning Mass' evening Mass...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1390487770.674357.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  137.0 KB

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    I thought i was the only one who watches that show !!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aula)
    Which reminds me, I really must share the sign at the back of the church that has my 'oops, I've slept in too late for morning Mass' evening Mass...

That's brilliant :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    At least you wouldn't have to change denomination for yours!

Me three with priesthood and Dawn French :ahee:
    Ah yes, the similarity between the Anglican Church and the vicar of Dibley keeps me in the fold I do want to check out a Catholic Church to see whether it's equivalently Father Brown-esque

(Original post by Aula)
    Maybe it's a sign... :ninja:
    Maybe I'm still investigating all possibilities

Tbh, the BBC Fr Brown :love:

(y'know, as long as you can ignore the liturgical issues, and the silliness of him having a little old country church in the 50s...)
    Heresy! What liturgical issues? And what's silly about his Church? I would love to go to that Church!

Books are also wonderful. Good ol' GK Chesterton
    I got 'The Everlasting Man' for Christmas, haven't read it yet though

I want one, I want one now! Might show this to my Priest, get him to buy one for St O's!

(Original post by CocoaPowder)
    I thought i was the only one who watches that show !!
    No way, it was all that kept me sane in the holidays!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2018
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.