Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Went to watch some non league today, Forest Green winning 4-2 at Kiddy, they were brilliant in the first half!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    So the MK Dons and Chesterfield FA Cup game has been ordered to be replayed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30482412
    Chesterfield have won 1-0 (again)! Impressive 1137 Chesterfields fans at MK tonight - good considering its a Friday night just after Christmas, and given the whole FA replay fiasco.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go on Chesterfield!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Chesterfield have won 1-0 (again)! Impressive 1137 Chesterfields fans at MK tonight - good considering its a Friday night just after Christmas, and given the whole FA replay fiasco.
    Reminds me of the time when Droyslden had to replay their match twice and then another time it got called off, seem to remember that involved Chesterfield as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Reminds me of the time when Droyslden had to replay their match twice and then another time it got called off, seem to remember that involved Chesterfield as well.
    Indeed. Here's what I posted a few weeks back:

Ironically, the 2008 Droylsden saga was against us, with us going through after 4 games after it was revealed that a Droylsden player who scored 2 goals in the last tie was meant to be suspended. In case you're wondering, the four games were:
    The first match at our old ground Saltergate, abandoned because of fog.
    Second match resulted in a draw.
    Third match at Droylsden abandoned because of a floodlight failure
    Final match Droylsden won.
    Then came the whole suspension news, blah blah blah
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Indeed. Here's what I posted a few weeks back:
    Ah I remember the post now of course and I never forget that saga.

ReputationRep:
    That's a brilliant turnout, many football league teams would do well to match that on a Saturday game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    That's a brilliant turnout, many football league teams would do well to match that on a Saturday game.
    Thank you I'm hoping we'll sell out the 2200 for Tuesday's 3rd round game vs Scunthorpe too.

I've also found a table of the 72 Football League club's away followings on 'thefootballforum.net'. Here you can find the table that sorts clubs by average away support (note that the 'Home ave' should be total away fans), and here you can find the table based on away fans as a percentage of home fans.

Fairly new to TSR so don't know if there's a way to make the tables present on here without clicking any links, so apologies if that's the case. Just thought people on here might want to have a look

Thank you I'm hoping we'll sell out the 2200 for Tuesday's 3rd round game vs Scunthorpe too.

I've also found a table of the 72 Football League club's away followings on 'thefootballforum.net'. Here you can find the table that sorts clubs by average away support (note that the 'Home ave' should be total away fans), and here you can find the table based on away fans as a percentage of home fans.

Fairly new to TSR so don't know if there's a way to make the tables present on here without clicking any links, so apologies if that's the case. Just thought people on here might want to have a look
    That's really interesting. Predictably, in the first table we're near the bottom (Brentford) due to having fewer fans total than anyone else but in the second table we're the fourth best team in the Championship.

Today I'm off to Ashton United vs FC United of Manchester as an away fan for my first live match of 2015. I've not been able to see FC for about six weeks so I'm really looking forward to this.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well done to Chesterfield - as an MK fan I'm glad the result was the same in the replay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    That's really interesting. Predictably, in the first table we're near the bottom (Brentford) due to having fewer fans total than anyone else but in the second table we're the fourth best team in the Championship.

Today I'm off to Ashton United vs FC United of Manchester as an away fan for my first live match of 2015. I've not been able to see FC for about six weeks so I'm really looking forward to this.
    Fourth in the championship in the second table is very good especially considering Brentford are a London team, quite a distance away from all the northern teams.

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    Well done to Chesterfield - as an MK fan I'm glad the result was the same in the replay.
    Cheers Alex. It seems that most other MK supporters felt the same too (I've had a quick browse of your forum today and after the FA judgement), which has made most Spireites like myself have a lot of respect towards you lot. Ah, all this over the chance to play Scunthorpe!

ReputationRep:
    The Spartans are winning and currently showing those 120 place difference in the football league can often be deceiving? A real game on now!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lol @ Zigic.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Walsall's good run could be coming to an end.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Eddie Howe: man of 2014.

(Original post by Jangrafess)
    brighton's new boss will get first game syndrome and dump us out of the fa cup then
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Derby scraped through via a penalty, then.

In contrast, surely Pearce would have been out on his arse by now if he wasn't a club legend at Forest?

ReputationRep:
    Always nice to be in the hat for the next round. Young lad Clough out the academy had a stormer, got a very nicely taken goal to finish it off as well. Neil Lennon has some serious magic going on.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Always nice to be in the hat for the next round. Young lad Clough out the academy had a stormer, got a very nicely taken goal to finish it off as well. Neil Lennon has some serious magic going on.
    Clough's "something a bit special" according to Lennon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Clough's "something a bit special" according to Lennon.
    Well I haven't seen much of him personally but there always seems to be a lot of praise from those who have.

My only concern is that he is a really really small guy, but it didnt seem to phase him today.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.