Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When you have so many people with similar grades how do you differentiate between them? Introducing a separate test is one way, like in the case of Oxbridge where they screen off at least a third before they interview. Not having all that, the only way left is to 'interview' through a 'deep evaluation' into applicants' PS. One can argue that the PS favours those who are very good at communicating their motivations and passion .... and disadvantages those who are less able. Then again, the same can be said of the interview process. Tough ... getting into LSE is seriously competitive .... and the result is ..... LSE turns out graduates who are seriously competitive too. Congratulations to those who get offers. But, to the rest, don't feel bad either, because you may end up having more fun than them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPD96)
    Just been reading over a few pages of this thread and I've noticed that people who are getting rejected are getting rejected at the end of the 8 (8+2) week period and those who are receiving the 4 week email are receiving it after 7 weeks of the 8(8+2) email. My 8 weeks is up next week so I'm trying to work out if the above is true, that if I don't receive a 4 week email tomorrow then theres a much higher chance of me getting rejected next week. Am I seeing things or have others noticed that too?
    I got my offer a week after my 8 weeks were offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VedikaA)
    I got my offer a week after my 8 weeks were offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you remember whether you got your offer on a thursday or a friday? and for what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    Can you remember whether you got your offer on a thursday or a friday? and for what subject?
    I got it on a Thursday for management.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi ! I just got an offer to sit the UGAA , on my qualification page it says they only offer it to candidates ( of those having my qualifications ) who are excellent!! Does this mean they like me a little?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stark95)
    Hi ! I just got an offer to sit the UGAA , on my qualification page it says they only offer it to candidates ( of those having my qualifications ) who are excellent!! Does this mean they like me a little?
    They do! Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys my 8+ 2 weeks are over since 10 days now - should I send them an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ucas2015app)
    Hi guys my 8+ 2 weeks are over since 10 days now - should I send them an email?
    Maybe once it gets to two weeks. I'd be weary of slowing the process down by giving them more to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a 4 week email. Sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpd96)
    Just been reading over a few pages of this thread and I've noticed that people who are getting rejected are getting rejected at the end of the 8 (8+2) week period and those who are receiving the 4 week email are receiving it after 7 weeks of the 8(8+2) email. My 8 weeks is up next week so I'm trying to work out if the above is true, that if I don't receive a 4 week email tomorrow then theres a much higher chance of me getting rejected next week. Am I seeing things or have others noticed that too?
    Spot on by the looks of it. Got my 4 wk email, today, the week before my 8+2 was meant to end.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Same thing here! My 8+2 week was meant to end 19th Jan but got 4 week email today. So now we have to wait 4 weeks until the 16th Feb for the good news

ReputationRep:
    So a month after the LAST 4 week email I get this

Dear Ms *******

I am writing with further information on your application to study at the LSE.

Following a thorough assessment of your application our Admissions Selector has decided that we need a little more time in order to fully assess your application against others in your cohort. This may take up to four weeks but please rest assured that we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

There is nothing you need to do in regards to your application. Please do not send us any additional information at this time; if we have further queries I will contact you.

We appreciate your patience, and will be in touch in due course. As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

Kind regards,

I'm done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAlexis)
    So a month after the LAST 4 week email I get this

Dear Ms *******

I am writing with further information on your application to study at the LSE.

Following a thorough assessment of your application our Admissions Selector has decided that we need a little more time in order to fully assess your application against others in your cohort. This may take up to four weeks but please rest assured that we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible.

There is nothing you need to do in regards to your application. Please do not send us any additional information at this time; if we have further queries I will contact you.

We appreciate your patience, and will be in touch in due course. As always, if you have any questions you are welcome to contact me.

Kind regards,

I'm done.
    LOL, that gif though.

Solidarity with all you other 4 week email people out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Same thing here! My 8+2 week was meant to end 19th Jan but got 4 week email today. So now we have to wait 4 weeks until the 16th Feb for the good news
    I think I'll break down emotionally if they don't give me an offer after this lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    I think I'll break down emotionally if they don't give me an offer after this lmao
    That's so weird, I never got a 4 week email. I applied October 10 and got a 2 week and an 8 week email, but got an offer a week into the 8 weeks on November 13. Must be down to departments

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Just got a 4 week email. Sigh
    Its perfectly normal to go the 4 week email, I got it before Christmas... Its better than getting rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got a four week email; do you think its a good sign because it shows that they're really considering my application since they want more time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave97)
    I just got a four week email; do you think its a good sign because it shows that they're really considering my application since they want more time?
    Yes. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    So I just got rejected a week after the 4 week email 😞😞... I got the rejection through UCAS and not an email from the UG admissions department. Did anyone else get rejected like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected just now for law Durham remains my top choice so I'm still hopeful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.