Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who's received an offer from Warwick? I applied in October and heard nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaarutyunyan)
    Who's received an offer from Warwick? I applied in October and heard nothing yet
    I have an offer, applied very beginning of oct and heard in November

I wouldn't worry too much though, a fair few people have already been rejected so no news doesn't mean bad news

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    I have an offer, applied very beginning of oct and heard in November

I wouldn't worry too much though, a fair few people have already been rejected so no news doesn't mean bad news

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some of them people have my grades so has made me panic more, I mean if they wanted me surely they would have replied already with an offer? :/

ReputationRep:
    Some of them people have my grades so has made me panic more, I mean if they wanted me surely they would have replied already with an offer? :/
    What are your grades/predictions?

And nah I wouldn't stress, some people who got cambridge offers didn't hear from warwick until march

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your grades/predictions?

And nah I wouldn't stress, some people who got cambridge offers didn't hear from warwick until march

Posted from TSR Mobile
    GCSE: 8 A* 2A
    AS: 4A
    Predicted: 3A* and a in AS FM
    I really do not want to wait until march

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 8 A* 2A
    AS: 4A
    Predicted: 3A* and a in AS FM
    I really do not want to wait until march
    Yeah I don't think you've got much to worry about your grades are great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't think you've got much to worry about your grades are great

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They don't really stand out though, as many on here have the same and some have been rejected for some reason- can't remember who but that person with like 7 AS and an a* already in maths! But thanks

ReputationRep:
    They don't really stand out though, as many on here have the same and some have been rejected for some reason- can't remember who but that person with like 7 AS and an a* already in maths! But thanks
    I should be worrying about this not you!Hopefully we'd get our offers
    My grades are much worse than yours!

ReputationRep:
    Yes hopefully! Warwick is such a lovely uni

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same! Applied on the 15th of October to three different Warwick economics courses, and while I've had a Cambridge interview I've been rejected from my warwick PPE and haven't heard anything from the others even though I've already got the A* in maths and predicted 4A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiJH)
    I'm the same! Applied on the 15th of October to three different Warwick economics courses, and while I've had a Cambridge interview I've been rejected from my warwick PPE and haven't heard anything from the others even though I've already got the A* in maths and predicted 4A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow 3 warwick courses, sorry about the ppe one which other courses did you apply for?

Just out of curiosity why so many warwick courses?

ReputationRep:
    Wow 3 warwick courses, sorry about the ppe one which other courses did you apply for?

Just out of curiosity why so many warwick courses?
    Straight economics and economics with politics and international relations. When I was doing my applications I was only really thinking about Warwick and Cambridge economics, the PPE option was because I did the villiers PPE course and really enjoyed it and the other course was because I really enjoy world relations. I didn't want to go to the London unis and I was only looking at the top unis so didn't really look at anywhere else. Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiJH)
    Straight economics and economics with politics and international relations. When I was doing my applications I was only really thinking about Warwick and Cambridge economics, the PPE option was because I did the villiers PPE course and really enjoyed it and the other course was because I really enjoy world relations. I didn't want to go to the London unis and I was only looking at the top unis so didn't really look at anywhere else. Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I guess maybe you were rejected for ppe because your ps didn't quite fit

Cambridge and warwick are my favourites too
    I've got offers from warwick durham notts and leeds, so it'll probably be warwick I end up at

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I guess maybe you were rejected for ppe because your ps didn't quite fit

Cambridge and warwick are my favourites too
    I've got offers from warwick durham notts and leeds, so it'll probably be warwick I end up at

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 offers!Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    4 offers!Well done!
    Thanks! Only another week until I find out about Cambridge as well gah

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think about Durham for Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hody421)
    Any Durham offer holders here?
    What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else waiting in Oxbridge think that stats ums will be significant? Getting a bit worried as I only got an 88 but my maths ums is 300/300 and I got a 98 in d1 and 91 in fp1. Just worried that competition is so intense that it's stuff like this they're gonna pick up on 😕😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Anybody else waiting in Oxbridge think that stats ums will be significant? Getting a bit worried as I only got an 88 but my maths ums is 300/300 and I got a 98 in d1 and 91 in fp1. Just worried that competition is so intense that it's stuff like this they're gonna pick up on 😕😕
    Hmm I'm not sure one stats module is what they reject people on there'd have to be other factors plus your maths av ums is 96 so I doubt that's something they'd pick on tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm not sure one stats module is what they reject people on there'd have to be other factors plus your maths av ums is 96 so I doubt that's something they'd pick on tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers for the reassurance, some people linked some guardian article on the camb applicants thread that defo scared me a bit haha. Idk about you but I'm getting pretty nervous for the 10th

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.