The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi
My Mum's paying for me to go to Cardiff Comic Con for my birthday this year I'm excited already^-^
Anyone want to aid me with a maths puzzle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm unsure on how to actually talk about further reading on a personal statement, any advice?
Just realised I have to rewrite most of my personal statement cause I decided to apply for different courses help help help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Anyone want to aid me with a maths puzzle?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll give it a go! :smile:

Original post by Red Fox
I'm unsure on how to actually talk about further reading on a personal statement, any advice?

I'm having this problem too :s-smilie: I think last time I said a bit about what I'd learnt from a book and how I'd read into it afterwards, then linked it to an article I'd read somewhere else. At one point I tied it all into my EPQ, but then dropped EPQ so had to change it back... I always felt like it was the weakest part of my personal statement though and that I could have made more of it but really not sure how, sorry! :colondollar:
Original post by izzyfreak
Just realised I have to rewrite most of my personal statement cause I decided to apply for different courses help help help

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you have something down to start off with, it's better than nothing! Why don't you try and write what you want for the other courses and then you can merge them together and cut it down afterwards?
Original post by furryface12

I'm having this problem too :s-smilie: I think last time I said a bit about what I'd learnt from a book and how I'd read into it afterwards, then linked it to an article I'd read somewhere else. At one point I tied it all into my EPQ, but then dropped EPQ so had to change it back... I always felt like it was the weakest part of my personal statement though and that I could have made more of it but really not sure how, sorry! :colondollar:

Yeah the EPQ is a really good tie-in but I'm not doing it:frown:. Thanks for the help anyway:tongue:.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah the EPQ is a really good tie-in but I'm not doing it:frown:. Thanks for the help anyway:tongue:.

Nor did I in the end, that's why I had the problem :colondollar: Sorry! :redface:
New here :smile: in the process of finishing personal statement, still can't decide on which 5 unis :s-smilie:
Hi, my name is Elia. I am studying English lit &lang, Photography and Media Studies and hope to go to University this coming September. What about you? :smile:
Original post by madeofstone1804
Hi, my name is Elia. I am studying English lit &lang, Photography and Media Studies and hope to go to University this coming September. What about you? :smile:

Hii! I'm studying chem, bio and maths - what are applying for? :smile:
Doesn't matter, you don't have to! I'd forgotten anyway and I have absolutely no clue what I said in them :colondollar:

That's further than I've got, not really organised anything yet although I am trying to get a job/some work experience! I'm staying with physics I think, just need to decide where now :yep: How's BMAT going? Have you redone UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I can't remember either. :tongue:

Ah well, you have plenty of time :yep: Sounds awesome :awesome: It's not going badly thanks, much better than last year which is good as I just missed Imperial's cut off by a couple of marks in just one section so hopefully I should be able to meet it this time around! :crossedf: I have indeed! Much surpassed my score from last year :tongue:

How have you been passing time then? :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Haha, I can't remember either. :tongue:

Ah well, you have plenty of time :yep: Sounds awesome :awesome: It's not going badly thanks, much better than last year which is good as I just missed Imperial's cut off by a couple of marks in just one section so hopefully I should be able to meet it this time around! :crossedf: I have indeed! Much surpassed my score from last year :tongue:

How have you been passing time then? :smile:

Good, well done! :biggrin: I've not been doing a huge amount if I'm honest, was busy over the holidays but been ill again the last couple of weeks so other than trying to sort out m personal statement and some work experience and things not really been doing a lot :colondollar: I need to sot myself put and start doing things again! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right. Basically you have the numbers 1-9 (only use each once) and you have to put them in a four by four grid like this:

And add left right top to bottom so

14 + 32 + 13 + 42 = 101

And see how many combinations to 200 you can get. I can't get any :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madeofstone1804

hey :smile: I do maths, geography and art, hoping to do geography at uni next September.
Original post by Obiejess
Right. Basically you have the numbers 1-9 (only use each once) and you have to put them in a four by four grid like this:

And add left right top to bottom so

14 + 32 + 13 + 42 = 101

And see how many combinations to 200 you can get. I can't get any :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found one on my fifth attempt :colone: Will let you know when I've got some more :smile:
Sent off my application today :redface:

Well, I mean, handed it in to Head of Oxbridge... just need to wait and meet with my UCAS referee now.
Original post by Red Fox

Bit late, sorry, but you should make it sound as independent as you can, something like 'I read "X". I found "Y" really interesting and decided to learn more online.' Or you could say it improved your appreciation for whatever the book is about I suppose.
Original post by Bude8
Bit late, sorry, but you should make it sound as independent as you can, something like 'I read "X". I found "Y" really interesting and decided to learn more online.' Or you could say it improved your appreciation for whatever the book is about I suppose.

Thanks for the help :smile: