Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I managed to do it for OCR.
    And hopefully I will too.

How have your Cambridge exams gone? Are they finished yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    Haven't done any yet and already feel like I'm going to miss my offer

Problem is that last year there was zero expectation, whereas now I'm going through past papers thinking that if I don't get 90% or above I'm screwed.
    Haha yeah I know the feel. I've been way less motivated and hard-working this year but there's also more I need to do. Whoops...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

We started yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

I've only had cells so far, it was alright. I finish on the 10th, at which point I'm aiming to overshoot LD50 for alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I've only had cells so far, it was alright. I finish on the 10th, at which point I'm aiming to overshoot LD50 for alcohol.
    I thought you were a phys natsci? We have a maths exam on the 12th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    I thought you were a phys natsci? We have a maths exam on the 12th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am a Phys NatSci, my entry sheet says the 10th for the second maths exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Yes, sorry I got the dates muddled... My brain is trying so hard it remember things sometimes it just doesn't work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    (Original post by Goods)
    Yes, sorry I got the dates muddled... My brain is trying so hard it remember things sometimes it just doesn't work.
    Sounds like things are getting tragic already, haha. All the best guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomfailinghelp)
    I've only done one exam and I already want to puke thinking about results day, lol. Anybody else feeling like theirs have gone badly?
    Yep, 90% sure I'm missing my offer. Actually I'm not really that scared about it, it's pretty inevitable for me. Uncertainty causes fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know the feeling haha

Good luck with physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    Yep, 90% sure I'm missing my offer. Actually I'm not really that scared about it, it's pretty inevitable for me. Uncertainty causes fear.
    Almost makes me feel guilty for having an unconditional......

You'll probably be fine. I tend to find there's a negative correlation between how well I think I did in an exam and my actual result.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TVIO)
    Hang in there. Cambridge clearly thinks you are more than capable, as do your teachers. You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)

You'll probably be fine. I tend to find there's a negative correlation between how well I think I did in an exam and my actual result.
    (Original post by jneill)
    Hang in there. Cambridge clearly thinks you are more than capable, as do your teachers. You'll be fine
    Thanks for the kind words guys, but I'm still pretty sure I'll fail it. But I'm alright with that, easy insurance I'm happy to go to.
    Excellent job getting an unconditional, really jealous!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TVIO)
    Thanks for the kind words guys, but I'm still pretty sure I'll fail it. But I'm alright with that, easy insurance I'm happy to go to.
    Excellent job getting an unconditional, really jealous!
    STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)

Have you already sat your exams? As in, applying after completing A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Have you already sat your exams? As in, applying after completing A Levels?
    Yah.

I'm on my gap year atm, but I have done some exams because I've been self-teaching AS economics and A-Level maths. I'm kind of thinking the former is probably a write off (I didn't really do any past papers or anything because for about two months I had a job in politics that literally required 16 hour days at points), but maths has gone well so far. Just C3 and C4 left now.

Not being under any pressure is a massive luxury though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I know the feeling haha

Good luck with physics!
    Physics went relatively badly (apart from the relativity question which was relatively okay).

Already planning my transfer to some second rate university. I'm thinking about oxford at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Physics went relatively badly (apart from the relativity question which was relatively okay).

Already planning my transfer to some second rate university. I'm thinking about oxford at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure it went fine! (lol at the relativity pun)

Can you actually transfer to Oxford in second year? (provided you did well enough)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I'm sure it went fine! (lol at the relativity pun)

Can you actually transfer to Oxford in second year? (provided you did well enough)
    no on both accounts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The rocket question was beautiful <3

Fields was okay, I really ****ed up SHM and Quantum though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.