Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusufu)
    ws
    So after not logging in for several years out of nowhere I get an email saying Khodu has made a post! Hows things? Did you end up doing a maths degree after all?
    Salaam bro, it's been a really long time. All is well in my end alhamdulillah, what about you?? I did do a Maths degree lol, doing a Masters now part time. Did you end up becoming an Actuary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Islam isn't a state of being... But a process of becoming... Becoming better so we can form that connection with our Lord... And may Allah enable all of us to make that connection
    Ameen, it is only then that we feel islam in our being when we have established that connection. We have experienced the high of eman and tasted paradise that we do not want to go back

ReputationRep:
    I've got credentials as a half alim... Full in 3 years... :-)
    Was this serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    You're a pumpkin? :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Wow new members on this thread....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positron.)
    You're a pumpkin? :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol yes I am, I used to be a really fat pumpkin, now I'm a pretty skinny now. Think the fat ones taste nice, especially with chicken.

(Original post by Enoxial)
    Wow new members on this thread....
    I feel really welcome

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...72-sunnis.ashx
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    X
    How'd your exam go?

ReputationRep:
    How'd your exam go?
    Alhamdulillah. Took me two hours to write 2 A4 sides of Arabic so i'm guessing i could work on speed.

Haven't got my results back yet.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Alhamdulillah. Took me two hours to write 2 A4 sides of Arabic so i'm guessing i could work on speed.

Haven't got my results back yet.
    What were the details of the exam?

ReputationRep:
    What were the details of the exam?
    2 hours long. Basically several creative writing questions so testing everything (relevant vocab recall and understanding of all rules learnt)

ReputationRep:
    Was this serious?
    Yeah... By full Alim I mean the six years dars nizami...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Lolol, yeah more lessons :cool: I am a good girl no srs. My mum didn't let me adopt a kid but I gave him lots of coke and an orange cos he was collecting :,)
    And yeah all dem selfies, I had to make a new folder and put the appropriate pictures in that, y'know just to be safe
    And no dbi sbi please
    My brother is looking after freddie :,)
    Ya its snowing and its coooool, like me :cool:
    AND YES HE DID, BECAUSE I told him not to :cry2:
    It srsly sounded like a crying baby
    Okay, I'll give more when you get back but you'll need to tell me what topics to discuss unless you want me to talk about general points randomly and let you absorb what you want :beard: If you want me to, I can also occasionally pick out a few verses or single verse and go through it explaining what we can take and learn from them
    Was he an orphan or just a poor child? You could try sneaking him in your suitcase
    For a person who likes photography, you don't seem to take many pictures other than those of yourself :eyeball:
    You need to get out of the habit of saying dbi, it's overused and your're starting to sound like Robbie :teehee:
    You'll come home to find more than just your cardigan has been 'claimed' by Fredericko :lol:
    We are missing the snow here Lucky git. You - cool? Bruh u wot?
    Did you shoot him? Should have at least hit him How's the family, still waging Jihad against the government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Sorry to cut in but shooting a cat? That sounds disturbing and cruel.
    I can confirm I agree :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    lol yes I am, I used to be a really fat pumpkin, now I'm a pretty skinny now. Think the fat ones taste nice, especially with chicken.

I feel really welcome
    I had berry goost with khodu just the other day. Very tasty :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... By full Alim I mean the six years dars nizami...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not that i'm insinuating anything brother but to call yourself an alim after just 6 years of study is no light matter.

One of my teachers has many Ijaazas and has been learning for over 13 years in Morocco, madinah, makkah, from nadwis and all over and he dislikes it greatly that anyone even calls him shaykh. It is something you pick up after sitting with individuals who have studied 30 or 40 years (as i'm sure you have) and still call themselves a student of knowledge.

Brothers at my local masjids that have completed a dars e nizami course and have done further stuides don't call themselves shaykh/alim/maulana/molvi.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Positron.)
    I had berry goost with khodu just the other day. Very tasty :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Khodu and Berry? Never tried that combo... although I don't really like red meat

ReputationRep:
    Brothers and sisters if your getting it on, then you are going wrong, so whip a hijab on and you can't go wrong.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.