The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It has been revealed 58 out of 200 audience members were either Conservative or Tory where as 102 support left wing parties. I think Farage was on the ball when he challenged the audience's standing. We should also not these figures assume everyone was telling the truth on their application forms.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Am I the only one who doesn't care about diamonds and stuff like that? Simple silver jewelry does me just fine.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
It has been revealed 58 out of 200 audience members were either Conservative or Tory where as 102 support left wing parties. I think Farage was on the ball when he challenged the audience's standing. We should also not these figures assume everyone was telling the truth on their application forms.
The problem seems to be that they put in so many Lib-Dems - why have nearly as many of them compared to Labour and Tories when you look at the vote shares?! I can understand giving disproportionate representation to PC but other than that this seems silly. I can only guess it's done based on 2010 shares rather than polls?
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Am I the only one who doesn't care about diamonds and stuff like that? Simple silver jewelry does me just fine.
Likewise. I don't wear jewellery at all except for watches and considering the fact that e.g. diamond prices are artificially inflated and controlled by manipulating the worldwide supply (mastered to perfection by the now thankfully irrelevant De Beers monopoly), I don't like them for investment either. Diamonds are not even rare except for a couple of exquisite pieces so it's just another case of silly people rushing to waste their money because the media and culture tell them to or the ultra rich comparing their dicks and generally throwing money around because they can.

The only reason I'd consider buying some is their power to turn women wet, but if that works, the whole relationship is seldom worth it anyway. :laugh:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I saw! Was actually just coming here to share a link to the story, but you beat me to it!
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Likewise. I don't wear jewellery at all except for watches and considering the fact that e.g. diamond prices are artificially inflated and controlled by manipulating the worldwide supply (mastered to perfection by the now thankfully irrelevant De Beers monopoly), I don't like them for investment either. Diamonds are not even rare except for a couple of exquisite pieces so it's just another case of silly people rushing to waste their money because the media and culture tell them to or the ultra rich comparing their dicks and generally throwing money around because they can.

The only reason I'd consider buying some is their power to turn women wet and if that works, the whole relationship is seldom worth it anyway. :laugh:
I have a silver bracelet that was passed down to me. I think it's from the 70s and has a little heart lock on it. And I have a silver necklace with a little silver cross pendant. No rings as I don't like wearing them, so when I get married I don't want an engagement ring or a wedding ring - there's no point as I would take them off anyway and besides, they are ridiculously expensive.

I do like amethyst, but I have a small piece just because I think it's pretty, not as a part of jewelry. Whole lot cheaper than diamonds as well.

And, I wouldn't have put it quite the way you did (), but aye, if someone's just after what you can buy them, the relationship is not worth it.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not at all my love! In fact, I think wooden jewellery would be even better!
Attached files
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Lib Dems are not especially left-wing.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
That's a bit too big and unsubtle for my taste, sorry!
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
given that 4 of the 5 parties represented were what you would term "left wing" surely if anything the Right was over represented in that audience?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rather standoutish don't you think?
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
The Lib Dems are not especially left-wing.
the word "especially" is not needed in that sentence imo
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
the word "especially" is not needed in that sentence imo
That depends on the Liberal Democrat you're talking about.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Rather standoutish don't you think?
That's the point - I want to make sure that everyone know's that you love trees - and this way, you can always be close to them!

However, I am deeply offended, after spending the last three hours researching and finding the perfect piece of jewellery which I think would complement you perfectly, you have just outright rejected it.
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
That depends on the Liberal Democrat you're talking about.
well all of their party who are in the cabinet for a start I mean they have a few half decent backbenchers I guess, but so do Labour, means very little if the overall policy agenda is set by people who know about as much about left wing politics as I do about rocket science
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's the point - I want to make sure that everyone know's that you love trees - and this way, you can always be close to them!

However, I am deeply offended, after spending the last three hours researching and finding the perfect piece of jewellery which I think would complement you perfectly, you have just outright rejected it.

thats better.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Well, I didn't know it was a gift! I thought you were just showing me something...
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think Kitty's like:

I like to think she's more like:

RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Another Tory embroiled in a romantic scandal - I bet the tabloids would love this
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think Kitty's like:

I like to think she's more like:

Ah, if only I would look as good in that second outfit as she does...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads