Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    never seen a player so universally disliked by fans relative to the mistakes he actually made, its shrewd by wenger but the right move if we're bringing in cech. would get rid of szcz next year too.

also lol at city trying for wilshere as if its more likely to happen/cheaper than sterling.
    Ah IDK, Arsenal fans love to hate a player after 1 bad game, and not stop hating them till they leave (not to mention start claiming that player is, and always has been, awful). This season it was Debuchy, Gibbs, Chambers, Ospina, Szczesny, and Welbeck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Ah IDK, Arsenal fans love to hate a player after 1 bad game, and not stop hating them till they leave (not to mention start claiming that player is, and always has been, awful). This season it was Debuchy, Gibbs, Chambers, Ospina, Szczesny, and Welbeck.
    Really don't get why people have been hating on Debuchy considering he's missed like 90% of the season

ReputationRep:
    Don't understand Debuchy hate, man's been injured with freak injuries all season then stupidly picked for a physical semi final.

I expect him to flourish next season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Really don't get why people have been hating on Debuchy considering he's missed like 90% of the season
    Because they forgot that he put in good performances at RB and CB, and only remember the fact that he got a red card, and got injured. Our defence earlier in the season wasn't the greatest, and some fans needed someone to blame. Chambers was already being called ****, as was Merts, Monreal/Gibbs were good for the most part (Gibbs dropped off later), and some fans refuse to accept Koscielny can have off-days - Debuchy was selected as the fall guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Nah Ospinas the worst i've seen, even Almunia was accepted more.

:rofl:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Is Debuchy even going to get in the team ahead of Bellerin next season?

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin and debuchy are both good options. Will be good to rotate for the cl ties.

ReputationRep:
    People already know my thoughts about Debuchy. He distinctly average, he's the weakest senior defender in the squad.

He's early season performances very suspect. He fell into the overly attacking fullback typecast. Constantly going forward and leaving too much space behind. At the age of 29 I expected him to come with the experience to know basic positioning and defensive discipline. The guy obviously been running wild down the right flank through out his career, It's petty easy to tell he's hasn't transitioned as well as can be expected to top level club football.

The price we paid does not match the output from Debuchy. Say what you like about his freak injures, I know they weren't his fault but that doesn't matter, the reality is we've wasted £12M on a player we expected to come in straight away and do a job. We'll be lucky to get £2M from Lille

Maybe writing off one season would be acceptable if he was 25/26 but he'll be 30 at the start of next season not sure if he can offer Arsenal anything significant really. Bellerin for all his faults and holes in his game we can see he is leaning and improving I wouldn't like to see Debuchy start over him tbh

On top of this we should have kept Sagna instead of paying more for an inferior RB. Sagna could have become a quality CB plus he would have had alot more experience to offer Bellerin through mentoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Nah Ospinas the worst i've seen, even Almunia was accepted more.

:rofl:
    That's one of the most tragic things I've seen all week. Amazing that these people consider themselves fans.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I seeing Arsenal fans saying Cech > DDG all of a sudden.

ReputationRep:
    What's this about Claude committing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    What's this about Claude committing?
    What did Claude commit?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly suicide. Hope he's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    What did Claude commit?
    allegedly yes.

so sad

ReputationRep:
    Monreal was a write off up until this season. He still has plenty of time, he's a defender not a striker

ReputationRep:
    Really sad to hear claude may have committed, I didn't agree with a lot of what he said but tbh aftv is the best and worst thing to happen to someone like him. Made him a target and from his rants one could suspect he was susceptible to depression, hope he's OK, aftv wouldn't be the same without him

ReputationRep:
    allegedly yes.

so sad
    This best be some bull****, I can't believe it. No way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Really sad to hear claude may have committed, I didn't agree with a lot of what he said but tbh aftv is the best and worst thing to happen to someone like him. Made him a target and from his rants one could suspect he was susceptible to depression, hope he's OK, aftv wouldn't be the same without him
    @simplycookie is that you?

Apparently it wasn't down to AFTV was down to falling out with family

ReputationRep:
    @simplycookie is that you?

Apparently it wasn't down to AFTV was down to falling out with family
    I don't use twitter, i have an account to check up on my local teams live score updates, have had a look on twitter tonight to see what was happening though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    This best be some bull****, I can't believe it. No way.
    it's not looking good

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.