Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the replies and insights I will discuss it with my therapist I guess during my next appointment (if I dare to ) to see what she thinks and what my options are.
    Good idea :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ezme39)
    I don't think it's that the doctors don't empathise, it's more that they have other patients who need to be seen, and they're trying to maintain order for them. Otherwise some people might just be late all the time, and it turns chaotic.
    If it's their policy to wait half an hour though, then they shouldn't be trying to turn you away! Glad you got seen in the end
    thank you for understanding. Since it was 11 a.m. I think it was more that they wanted to go to lunch. Sometimes it's a very dehumanizing and demoralizing experience going to the doctor's.

I feel like I go to college to do **** I'm gonna fail. I go to a job I hate and seem to be hated in. I have a long distance boyfriend with depression who I love dearly but when he has moments I can't help which makes me feel hopeless. I just feel like i am a fat, useless blob who just wants an easy access card through life who sits here feeling sorry for myself or over thinking **** I can resolve but am too lazy to, or physically can't resolve anyway. A close friend have said i should go to a doctor after I told them how i felt but i feel like i will be wasting the doctors time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    It sounds like you may have an anxiety condition, especially with this fear. Do you believe that there are people in your house coming to murder you. The fact that you are able to rationalise and notice that it is not going on is positive. It sounds like this fear can stress you out, which is possibly bringing on these visual illusions (or hallucinations, not possible to tell completely from this but it sounds more like an illusion). I would speak to your GP, they may be able to prescribe some talking therapy or medication to help with the anxiety. I wouldn't worry that you are experiencing any delusions here, from my personal view it doesn't seem like that is what is going on, however you should check with your GP as I am not your doctor, obviously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Completely agree with this :yes: Was just about to say similar.(hope you're doing ok BT, not spoken in a while!) :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    thank you for understanding. Since it was 11 a.m. I think it was more that they wanted to go to lunch. Sometimes it's a very dehumanizing and demoralizing experience going to the doctor's.
    Yeah, I know the feeling :/ my first ever mental health appointment felt very rushed, and the doctor was clearly trying to catch up some time. I could see why she needed to do it, but it made it much harder for me to open up to her

ReputationRep:
    I just lost a dear friend to me and it hurts so much, I never thought I'd lose a friend in my life, not like this. The pain is too much to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    I just lost a dear friend to me and it hurts so much, I never thought I'd lose a friend in my life, not like this. The pain is too much to handle.
    Really sorry to hear you've lost someone close. Don't bottle it up- if you want to unload on someone, inbox me. We're all here for you.

--

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually really relieved to have my anxiety back. After the lows of the past month, at least I'm now able to function, and it feels amazing.
    Of course it would be better to have no issues at all, but I would take this any day (compared to being down)!

ReputationRep:
    Ill with nerves over this PIP medical tomorrow. Just wish it was over already :cry2: not expecting to get PIP anyway, I'll be lucky to get ESA at a push I think. Glad I have a morning appointment tomorrow at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Completely agree with this :yes: Was just about to say similar.(hope you're doing ok BT, not spoken in a while!) :hugs:
    Hey yeah I am not too bad, have been feeling slightly lower recently but trying to do my best to stop it in its tracks. How are you? I hope the accommodation issue is getting better :hugs:

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Ill with nerves over this PIP medical tomorrow. Just wish it was over already :cry2: not expecting to get PIP anyway, I'll be lucky to get ESA at a push I think. Glad I have a morning appointment tomorrow at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    goodluck, I hope everything goes great. You probably have had it by now.

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if withdrawing from meds was actually a good idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    goodluck, I hope everything goes great. You probably have had it by now.
    Thanks nah, I haven't had it yet. It's tomorrow at 11am. Not too long away but still long enough for my nerves to go through the roof

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling quite bad in terms of my mental health today. I've run out of meds and I feel depressed and terrible...

Anyone know how to cope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protoxylic)
    Really sorry for your loss

(Original post by Spock's Socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

(Original post by PandaWho)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hugely hypocritical of me to say this, but I'm not sure it is a good idea :no:

(Original post by Valyrian)
    Feeling quite bad in terms of my mental health today. I've run out of meds and I feel depressed and terrible...

Anyone know how to cope?
    Try and be kind to yourself and keep reaching out to people. Do whatever it takes tomorrow morning in order to get your meds :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:
    Thank you, I'll need it :hugs: will let you all know how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Hugely hypocritical of me to say this, but I'm not sure it is a good idea :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feel so poop but still not been sorted out at the drs so can even get meds. Ooops

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    How are you feeling?
    Honestly?

I feel so bloody crap but have to keep going, got work and stuff to do!

Burst into tears last night, and dunno if ill bother going back on them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going to the GP tomorrow to try and get some beta blockers - my psychiatrist is refusing to prescribe them to me.

ReputationRep:
    Feel awful.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.