Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessdstromberg)
    for the probability of the raining tennis match one (can't remember the exact wording) i put 4000/10000 which cancels out to the correct answer of 0.4 - would i still get the marks even though i put it as a fraction and not a decimal?
    You would not get full marks as the answer was 0.04. They could knock down one mark for part b as long as your answer to part a was correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    YES!!!!!!!!
    I did everything right for the rotation question other than the fact that I stupidly rotated it clockwise instead! Will I at least get 1mark out of the 2?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr M, I just wanted some reassurance as I just crumbled under the pressure in the maths exam on thursday! I'm aiming for an A* but for some reason I just messed it all up and got around 78 harshly marked, for the rent question I for some stupid reason said 8x3 is 32 as I didn't re-check it and obviously that made my answer incorrect. If I still had the method completely right but with those wrong numbers and got 48 do i get at least 1 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathspls)
    Hi Mr M, I just wanted some reassurance as I just crumbled under the pressure in the maths exam on thursday! I'm aiming for an A* but for some reason I just messed it all up and got around 78 harshly marked, for the rent question I for some stupid reason said 8x3 is 32 as I didn't re-check it and obviously that made my answer incorrect. If I still had the method completely right but with those wrong numbers and got 48 do i get at least 1 mark?
    Yes you'll defo get 1 but maybe 2

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post65286611
    Grade boundaries poll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    I did everything right for the rotation question other than the fact that I stupidly rotated it clockwise instead! Will I at least get 1mark out of the 2?
    I think so. Question 7 on this mark scheme explains the assigning of 1 mark for correct rotation regardless of direction

ReputationRep:
    Would I get 1 mark for the rent question if I calculated the percentage of the two numbers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    I think so. Question 7 on this mark scheme explains the assigning of 1 mark for correct rotation regardless of direction
    Okay, thanks for doing all that for me!

ReputationRep:
    is there another exam for maths in november

ReputationRep:
    any predictions on what a 67 (give or take) would be????

ReputationRep:
    how much do you need to get right in order to get a C grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    is there another exam for maths in november
    I believe so. However, it depends if your school/college will let you resit it.

Just try to do your best for the next paper. That way, you may not need to resit in November :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilin)
    I believe so. However, it depends if your school/college will let you resit it.

Just try to do your best for the next paper. That way, you may not need to resit in November :-)
    ok thanks that really helps, good luck for paper 2

ReputationRep:
    any predictions on what a 67 (give or take) would be????
    Borderline A/B... Low A or High B, depending on the grade boundaries. Past papers (excluding June 2015, which was a bit of an anomaly) indicate that an A can range from 131 to 139 out of 200, (i.e. between 65.5 to 69.5 per paper).

ReputationRep:
    Borderline A/B... Low A or High B, depending on the grade boundaries. Past papers (excluding June 2015, which was a bit of an anomaly) indicate that an A can range from 131 to 139 out of 200, (i.e. between 65.5 to 69.5 per paper).
    Ok Thankyou - if I got a solid A on the calc paper then do you think that'd even out to an A?

ReputationRep:
    Ok Thankyou - if I got a solid A on the calc paper then do you think that'd even out to an A?
    Hopefully! Just do your best! That's all you can do really :-)

Do you generally find the calculator paper easier than the non-calculator?

ReputationRep:
    For the standard form question i forgot to times by 10 to get 7 x 10^8 - so i ended up with 0.7 x 10^9 would i get 1 mark for this?
    Also on the last question, i got up to root 6 over 6 and then i divided it by 2 wrongly so my method was completely right up to there and then my method continued to be right after that just with one wrong number, how many marks out of 3 would i get?. Also i think i got 87 on the unofficial mark scheme would this be an a* or will they shoot up?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! Just do your best! That's all you can do really :-)

Do you generally find the calculator paper easier than the non-calculator?
    Maths is one of those subjects which I can do well in in class but the pressure gets to me in exams! Yes I much prefer calculator so hopefully it'll all even out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zx12r1)
    is 85/100 an a*?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MehdiK24)
    You would not get full marks as the answer was 0.04. They could knock down one mark for part b as long as your answer to part a was correct
    Yess omg i got 0.04 over a fraction!

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.