Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

Favourite Worst Nightmare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
I am thinking of selling my leeds weekend ticket. Basically results and stuff didn't go well so I am in limbo atm and leeds festival hasn't come around at the right time. Anybody interested in buying it or know someone who would be ? How much are you prepared to pay?
Somebody must know someone who would like to go to leeds festival!
Kreuzuerk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you haven't heard them already, there's a decent band worth checking out who are playing low down on the Festival Republic stage. There was a review of their album today in The Times.

The XX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ora0cgiC8xw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhapGU13xqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pib8eYDSFEI

IMO, they'll be pretty big next year.
jimmyraven
Report 9 years ago
The XX and Radiohead are literally the only bands i'm going to see (if i go, which i may not)
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by unknownpleasures)
Oh and a question for all the Reading folks... is it true you don't have any of the late night entertainment like the duracell tent and trangressive records DJ sets?
We have the silent disco, funfair, film showings and Club NME.

(Original post by rainbow drops)
I basically bought everything I need but insect repellent
Ive never noticed many insects there at all. They seem to hate all the smoke created around the campsites.
[email protected]
Report 9 years ago
Think I will be spending a lot of time at the Festival Republic stage this year; The xx, The Joy Formidable, The Big Pink, White Denim are ones I'm particularly hoping to see.
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Ive never noticed many insects there at all. They seem to hate all the smoke created around the campsites.
I just don't want to risk it. I'm very allergic to insect bites and whenever I get them they swell and ache like hell.
shrep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've just got back from a holiday, not got anything prepared, and still have to sell two spare tickets. Should be fun.
neiljeff123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
heya guys, i was just wondering if anyone knows if its necessary to have a car parking ticket. i didnt have one last year but ive heard a few people mention them this year
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For Leeds it isn't. For Reading you need some sort of permit, I believe, but with Leeds you just park wherever without having to sort things in advance.
neiljeff123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rainbow drops)
For Leeds it isn't. For Reading you need some sort of permit, I believe, but with Leeds you just park wherever without having to sort things in advance.
thank you : )
magicbuspass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can I get on one of the National Express coaches to Reading by buying tickets at the station? Or are they only for the people with the Reading/Coach tickets?
Less_then_zero
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by magicbuspass)
Can I get on one of the National Express coaches to Reading by buying tickets at the station? Or are they only for the people with the Reading/Coach tickets?
i don't think you will be able to do that, people who have coach tickets pick up there weekend tickets on the coach and it'll probably be full...
killerjane
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good lord there are literally 30+ people I want to see, particularly Dance/NME stages on Saturday! Corrrrr. 4 days kiddlettes.
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can I just remind you that advertising isn't allowed so if you do have tickets to sell you need to do it off-TSR. I'd rather not be handing out anymore warnings for advertising :p:
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Besides a tent, sleeping bag, rucksack, wipes, toilet paper, clothes...what else am I going to need for Reading Festival lol?
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
Besides a tent, sleeping bag, rucksack, wipes, toilet paper, clothes...what else am I going to need for Reading Festival lol?
There's an amazing checklist here,

http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=274927
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by moreiniho)
There's an amazing checklist here,

http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=274927
Thank you very much for posting that! :yy:
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
Thank you very much for posting that! :yy:
No problem.
unknownpleasures
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Has anyone got the shuttle bus from leeds station to bramham park before? We went by car last year and it was an absolute nightmare - a journey that usually takes about 40 minutes took over 5 hours, so not something I want to repeat. Apparently they start at 8am - anyone have a vague idea how long the queues are?
Flo[ProActiv]
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh dear.
One of my friends has just found out she's supposed to be working on Thursday. She [a] owns the tent we're using, and [b] is the only one who knows how to put up a tent.

>_<
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed