Edexcel Chemistry A2 Unit 5 ~ Wednesday 19th June 2013 (Now Closed) Watch

Poll: How pumped up are you for this exam?-(warning)-(bad jokes arene this poll!)
"Titanium-I'm not going to corrode (even at high temperatures)" (A*) (22)
16.67%
"Benzene's my middle name, give me the paper in a week and I'll ace it!" (A) (27)
20.45%
"Yeah, I'm fairly electrophillic (positively charged) about the exam" (B) (27)
20.45%
"I'm in the middle of the salt bridge, but I will pass-eventually" (C) (21)
15.91%
"I'm feeling rather electroNegative about this exam" (D) (18)
13.64%
"Benzene, what's that?" (E) (6)
4.55%
"Chemistry, what's that?" (F) (11)
8.33%
This discussion is closed.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bord3r)
I'm impressed we managed to get the unofficial multiple choice mark scheme to match the official one. Teamwork.
Did we really? yesss

Teamwork.
F1's Finest
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 710)
The mark scheme is out for this paper, but only for teachers, guys. Anyone have access to it, or can post it up??? Thanks.
It's already been posted on here (the link). Also I'm curious as to why you negged my last comment as I was just asking b0rder if we matched the multiple choice answers from the unofficial ms.
1234lime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AtomicMan)
I think the paper was roughly the same difficulty as the last two years (slightly harder IMO), so roughly the same/lower grade boundaries?
I agree, it was definitely harder than the Jan paper so I'll be really surprised if the boundary for an A is higher than 73/90. But that's also what I'd like to believe, hence why I asked to see what everyone else thinks.
mar junior
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This paper i feel was relatively easy, considering the amounts of stuff they could have asked us about transition metals, redox and the various elaborate contexts they could have been asked in, the paper wasnt really that bad.

72 For an A is the minimum i think, and 68 for a B
F1's Finest
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mar junior)
This paper i feel was relatively easy, considering the amounts of stuff they could have asked us about transition metals, redox and the various elaborate contexts they could have been asked in, the paper wasnt really that bad.

Sup man, did you count up your marks using the official ms?
1234lime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mar junior)

Oops...I was thinking about Unit 4...
Hmm yeah, I guess you're right, but there was still plenty of stuff to trip up on, and most of the people sitting this paper will have done so for the first time.
mrhedgehog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How much do you guys think we need for a A*?
for the past 6 exams it has been 72, 73, 73, 80, 73, 77 starting from June 2010
jjcam245
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi guys just a quick question...
for question 24di the mark scheme states that "NoteMaximum of (1) mark (i.e. the firstmark only) if refers to electronsfalling back down again"

I referred to electrons falling down i believe at the end of the question (something along the lines of the electrons then drop back down to the lower energy state) however I got all the 3 marks of the question beforehand. Will I only get 1 mark?
clydeshen411
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
anyone had look at the u4 and u5 01R replacement papers? can someone predict the boundary for A? thanks!!!!
jojo1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jjcam245)
Hi guys just a quick question...
for question 24di the mark scheme states that "NoteMaximum of (1) mark (i.e. the firstmark only) if refers to electronsfalling back down again"

I referred to electrons falling down i believe at the end of the question (something along the lines of the electrons then drop back down to the lower energy state) however I got all the 3 marks of the question beforehand. Will I only get 1 mark?
omg !!! I wrote that too I think ... damn ive already lost enough marks lol

sometimes examiners mark what they think is write, hopefully they wont notice you wrote it .... is this unit 5 ?
F1's Finest
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 710)
The mark scheme is out for this paper, but only for teachers, guys. Anyone have access to it, or can post it up??? Thanks.
haha what a clown, you decided to neg me again for trying to help others.
jojo1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by James A)
haha what a clown, you decided to neg me again for trying to help others.
And you helped him

I appreciate your help James... You are so nice and helpful!!
F1's Finest
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jojo1995)
And you helped him

I appreciate your help James... You are so nice and helpful!!
:hugs:
alithedon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How accurate is tallying up your own marks? From the mark scheme i think i got about 59/90.. I need 66UMS to get my B grade.. Have people found tallying their marks to be accurate to what they get?
Hopefulmedstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alithedon)
How accurate is tallying up your own marks? From the mark scheme i think i got about 59/90.. I need 66UMS to get my B grade.. Have people found tallying their marks to be accurate to what they get?
It depends on the individual, personally I am extremely harsh and if one part of the mark scheme looks unfamiliar to me I assume that I must have got that question wrong and award myself no marks. So my predictions are always lower, I prefer to be pessimistic when awarding the marks to be honest
alithedon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulmedstudent)
It depends on the individual, personally I am extremely harsh and if one part of the mark scheme looks unfamiliar to me I assume that I must have got that question wrong and award myself no marks. So my predictions are always lower, I prefer to be pessimistic when awarding the marks to be honest
Yeah thats exactly what i done.. Hopefully that should mean ive done enough!
AtomicMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In general when I tally up marks im fairly accurate, slightly underestimating myself. I think I got anywhere from 69-75, need an A for an A* overall, and a mid U for am A (firm is A*AA).

Posted from TSR Mobile
clydeshen411
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i did the non-uk paper and think i will get around 73. but i normally make 7 marks of stupid mistakes..only got 251 ums for as:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
jojo1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by clydeshen411)
i did the non-uk paper and think i will get around 73. but i normally make 7 marks of stupid mistakes..only got 251 ums for as:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 240 ... which is 14 less than you, trust me 251 is great !!

EDIT: I can't do maths ** 11 less than you
clydeshen411
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jojo1995)
I got 240 ... which is 14 less than you, trust me 251 is great !!

EDIT: I can't do maths ** 11 less than you
lol, did u do all three a2 units this june? i wish i have done unit 4 in january..so much uncertainties now
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (34)
25.56%
No (99)
74.44%

Watched Threads