Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Giroud will play, he is the focal point of our attack. May not be as clinical as Podolski but his link up play is important as it creates space for the likes of Cazorla and Walcott.

I'd like to see this team tbfh:

Chesney

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Ramsey Wilshere

Walcott Cazorla Podolski

Giroud
    I wanna see a 442, something different.

Chesny

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Rosicky Arteta Wilshere/Ramsey Santi

Theo Giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger will be using different formations dependant of the opposition next season IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    I wanna see a 442, something different.

Chesny

Sagna Mert Kos Gibbs

Rosicky Arteta Wilshere/Ramsey Santi

Theo Giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you really wanna see something new, on the final game of the season, must-win, after an eight-game unbeaten run?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Not saying we should do that at all..just saying that is where I think we would see the best of Podolski, hopefully next season we might see something like that. Next game we should definitely stick to our current formation with a lone striker..question is who? Im not convinced by Podolski but I think he deserves another chance just because he's obviously trying and Im not sure Giroud can come back straight in after such a long lay off.
    Oh okay... i honestly think Giroud will be back up front, I don't know what he does up there but when he's gone it's so obvious... perhaps it's his movement, physical presence?

Anyway despite Poldi finally putting in a couple of goals in that position (could've been 3 haha) I can't see Wenger not starting Giroud at Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    We're winning without Giroud, put him on as sub in the 60th minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wenger will be using different formations dependant of the opposition next season IMO
    He never has and always says he never will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    you really wanna see something new, on the final game of the season, must-win, after an eight-game unbeaten run?
    No, sorry, should have made that clear.

I'd like see something new next season, but it'll depend on the players we buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Di canio, planning on shortening sunderland holiday, if they lose against spurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    He never has and always says he never will.
    Urm what formation did we play in the season 03/04 ? Wenger will use that more from next season IMO

ReputationRep:
    With luck, CFC will be on the piss & powder for two days.

Wipe em out v Everton.

Go on Terry, give yer Dad a ring. Get the coke in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    With luck, CFC will be on the piss & powder for two days.

Wipe em out v Everton.

Go on Terry, give yer Dad a ring. Get the coke in.
    Lmfao. Your hatred for Chelsea is top notch. Where does it stem from? I'm ambivalent to them tbh. Like Spurs more for some reason, maybe it has something to do with CFC's messing up the landscape of the league with their oil money.

ReputationRep:
    Urm what formation did we play in the season 03/04 ? Wenger will use that more from next season IMO
    Think it was a 4-4-1-1:

Lehmann
    Lauren Campbell Toure Cole
    Ljungberg Vieira Silva Pires
    Bergkamp
    Henry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Think it was a 4-4-1-1:

Lehmann
    Bergkamp
    Henry
    Yeah but Ljunberg and Pires weren't conventional wingers more like inside left and inside right

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he will but that will be because of the players we have, not because of the opposition we are facing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Think it was a 4-4-1-1:

Lehmann
    Bergkamp
    Henry

The words 'Rigid' and 'Arsenal' never go in the same sentence. It was a very fluid 4-4-1-1, the players often interchanged like we do now. Jovetic's best position is in the Bergkamp role, he's not a number 9 but he can play in the ST role

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Lmfao. Your hatred for Chelsea is top notch. Where does it stem from? I'm ambivalent to them tbh. Like Spurs more for some reason, maybe it has something to do with CFC's messing up the landscape of the league with their oil money.
    I think most neutrals dislike CFC to some extent, but personally they just push all the wrong buttons. Went to school not far from Stamford Bridge and their fanbase is one of the scummiest I've ever come across. I think what really does it though is the fact they are a historically insignificant club who have just bought success using RA's cash and their fans seem oblivious to that. Counting the days until he pisses off so they can crawl back into midtable as they are completely incapable of standing on their own 2 feet. The knock on effect on the rest of the EPL has been extremely negative as well and is slowly destroying the game. **** style of play too. And then theres Terry, Lampard, Cole and Mourinho. *****.

Ive got plenty of mates who support Chelsea but generally I try not to discuss football with them

I dont have that much beef with Spurs really. For most of their life they were midtable so its only recently ive taken any real interest in them.

ReputationRep:
    I love Chelsea FC for the past two seasons tbh. Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lampard, are my favourite players. Drogba before that.

Arsenal fan as well

EDIT: I'm proud of giving my opinion, and would take every negative on TSR just to be able to continue freely expressing myself.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way as Zurich but it's not much about the fans, it's about the fkn billionaires. (though that musester poster does come across very bratty). I can't stand Man City either and wish neither team any success, I don't consider either clubs to be one of the big clubs in England and will continue to think that way until the billionaires leave and the clubs remain successful for 5+yrs standing on their own 2 feet...but whilest there are 4 champions league spots to play for, those 2 billionaires wont go anywhere because their interest in football remains a financially profitable investment (eurgh). I have no problem with fans of any club (including Chelsea or Man City) and don't buy much into the rivalry for the sake of rivalry thing but buying success is lame and classless and I could never respect a football club who have done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    I feel the same way as Zurich but it's not much about the fans, it's about the fkn billionaires. (though that musester poster does come across very bratty). I can't stand Man City either and wish neither team any success, I don't consider either clubs to be one of the big clubs in England and will continue to think that way until the billionaires leave and the clubs remain successful for 5+yrs standing on their own 2 feet...but whilest there are 4 champions league spots to play for, those 2 billionaires wont go anywhere because their interest in football remains a financially profitable investment (eurgh). I have no problem with fans of any club (including Chelsea or Man City) and don't buy much into the rivalry for the sake of rivalry thing but buying success is lame and classless and I could never respect a football club who have done it.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Basically, Chelsea are a small club with lots of money.

Let's suppose, for example, that United, for whatever reason, lost all their wealth and plummeted down the leagues, into the Conference or a regional division. They'd still be a massive club, not only nationally but globally, because of their fantastic history, the memories and stories their name invokes. If the same were to befall Chelsea... Well, you know what the reality would be. Their recent "popularity" is based purely on one man's bank balance. There's no prestige to them whatsoever - and their fans, deep down, know it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.