Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just in case anyone wants to see and hasn't yet, there is an interesting and possibly eye-opening thread about the stresses of teacher training here. I find it fascinating, and there is some good information within the discussions, including a link to this blog which I am now enjoying scanning. ^^

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon the UCAS website is down to update our status' on our choices? Or is it just boring code updates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Regarding the choice of training School Direct places sometimes choose to use Uni based training. I know my uni said some of the school direct schools they are working with will be signing up for their students to attend most of the PGCE, so it's very similar to the PGCE apart from you're based in one school.

xxx
    Just to clarify, all teacher training courses have at least two placements. So although you're based at one school you will go to another for at least a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    Do you reckon the UCAS website is down to update our status' on our choices? Or is it just boring code updates
    They wouldn't put it down to update it... that would mean they have to do that every single time they need to update! It will be to do maintaince on track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I am applying for Leicester PGCE. :-)
    Ah great, have you sent off your application yet?/Heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicola_1990)
    Ah great, have you sent off your application yet?/Heard anything?
    No. My final reference should be done Monday so I will be sending it then. Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    No. My final reference should be done Monday so I will be sending it then. Have you heard anything yet?
    Saaame..I'm waiting for references. I go to the UoL already so it's frustrating, just want to go and hand it in and stop messing around with UCAS :P

ReputationRep:
    Saaame..I'm waiting for references. I go to the UoL already so it's frustrating, just want to go and hand it in and stop messing around with UCAS :P
    Ugh I know! I just want it sent so it is finally out of my hands. Lol.
    Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I know! I just want it sent so it is finally out of my hands. Lol.
    Where else are you applying?
    To Thomas Estley School Direct in Leicester and Chester Uni..you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    Just in case anyone wants to see and hasn't yet, there is an interesting and possibly eye-opening thread about the stresses of teacher training here. I find it fascinating, and there is some good information within the discussions, including a link to this blog which I am now enjoying scanning. ^^
    Oh god, just read through this, and it's horrifying.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by awe)
    If I can read through that and still want to go into teaching, I think I've probably chosen the right career path XD (Or there is always the option that I'm incredibly deluded).

ReputationRep:
    Can referees still add their references to UCAS even though it's down right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    Can referees still add their references to UCAS even though it's down right now?
    ...read that question back to yourself, and you'll realise the answer is pretty obvious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    ...read that question back to yourself, and you'll realise the answer is pretty obvious
    I didn't know if it was track or UCAS as I'm not sure that the two are entirely the same thing, but I don't know But yeah I just wanted to make sure

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had interviews for citizenship??

Particularly from the IOE. Ahhhhh why can't the IOE just give me an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I just received an email from UCAS saying that the similarity detection service has identified passaged of text of my personal statement that has been copied. I am panicking so much because track is not working till Monday and so is the phone lines. I have previously sent in this Personal statement but not through UCAS, through UKPASS as I applied for Postgrad in Further Education. I did however reject that offer and decided to do a PGCE in English. I dont know what to do, I cant stop crying because I cannot afford to not get a place this year. Three years of uni and never been accused of this before. Ive got a glowing reference from both my referee, school experience and a good university degree classification but this accusation can ruin it all for me. HELP!!! do you think it may be because of my previous application through UKPASS, has anyone else ever been through this?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anyone applying to York or Oxford? Also for those still waiting on references:I was waiting for what seemed like ages and it turns out the emails from UCAS all ended up in my referees spam folder or were filtered out by the uni email system itself......I had to change my tutors details so that the reminder can get send to a different email.....

ReputationRep:
    I've just spoken to my second referee and yes, they cannot use the site either.....

ReputationRep:
    To Thomas Estley School Direct in Leicester and Chester Uni..you??
    Nottingham Trent and Derby. I live in Nottingham so those are actually more convenient for me! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Oh god, just read through this, and it's horrifying.
    I don't actually find it horrifying at all. We all know that teaching is going to be tough but at the same time I think/hope it will be totally worth it. I read that and am not put off one bit. I work extremely long hours now in a particularly difficult job so am no stranger to a challenge, and I have a passion for education and working with young people. I think the thread serves as a warning to not take teaching lightly or as an easy option. Yes, the stats are worrying, but we have to be prepared for what the PGCE actually entails. I guess only time will tell if we are! I think we need to be 'realistically optimistic'. Haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.