Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I don't know why but you're giving me the feeling that you're a dupe.
    The user joined yesterday and has had 140 post (140) so I concur with you...

ReputationRep:
    This craz guy is annoying, seriously, try to be serious somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Not bad at all, just waiting to start my maternity leave.
    Congratulations, how far along are you? If it's a boy will you be calling him Boris?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Congratulations, how far along are you? If it's a boy will you be calling him Boris?
    Thanks 23 weeks. Haha, no, my mother in law and my Grandma have chosen two names.

ReputationRep:
    Some slope is trying to get herself in the papers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-special.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Some slope is trying to get herself in the papers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-special.html
    Just what has happened to this country?

ReputationRep:
    Are we not even allowed to say the word 'slope' any more? It probably was just the presenters, noting their shoddy workmanship.

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth doing some work experience for your MP or is it a waste of time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crayz)
    Is it worth doing some work experience for your MP or is it a waste of time?
    Can't hurt your chances just like any work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    Are we not even allowed to say the word 'slope' any more? It probably was just the presenters, noting their shoddy workmanship.
    Why should a legal case take Top Gear off the air? It should go anyway. It's about as relevant to today as Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson and shows such as The Comedians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Why should a legal case take Top Gear off the air? It should go anyway. It's about as relevant to today as Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson and shows such as The Comedians.
    It's also one of the most popular tv shows in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite like Top Gear, Clarkson talks guff but tbh it's almost what you expect at this point, the show itself can be pretty funny/entertaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    It's also one of the most popular tv shows in the world.
    So was Benny Hill in its day.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks 23 weeks. Haha, no, my mother in law and my Grandma have chosen two names.
    Ah quite far along, I hope all is going well. How did you come to the agreement of who should name the baby then? Congratulations once again, I hope it all goes well for you both.

ReputationRep:
    I like Jeremy Clarkson because he teaches us not to take ourselves too seriously and I found all of his controversial remarks apart from the Gordon Brown one, which went too far even by my standards, very amusing. The three of them represent the remains of humorous sense in British television which is quickly becoming gagged by political correctness, health and safety, and positive discrimination.

I especially like how they make fun of each other in a very flippant way – writing that Clarkson is fat on his wetsuit, stuffing fruits into Hammond's exhaust pipes, commenting on May's eye infection, or May's remarks like big **** for Clarkson and irritating little sod for Hammond… or when Rupert Grint said that Clarkson's hair resemble pubic hair, which appeared to greatly amuse him.

The show is becoming more scripted and seemingly runs out of original ideas (I think the quality culminated around series 14) – India special was predictable as time – but looking at the US and Aussie licensed derivatives, they are still quite ahead of the competition.

Anyway, even if he meant to refer to the Asian on the bridge over the river ****, how incredibly sad and attention-seeking must one be to get offended by that? They have once shown a picture of an Audi with pickaxes sticking from its bonnet, claiming that is how we solve problems in Slovakia, although the picture was from somewhere else according to the registration plate. Despite the underlying suggestion that we are uncivilised, it was very amusing and to me not offensive at all (I think it is comparable to being called a slope or Clarkson's traditional lazy as Mexican).

That stupid woman should rather invest her time into learning some useful skills…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I like Jeremy Clarkson because he teaches us not to take ourselves too seriously and I found all of his controversial remarks apart from the Gordon Brown one, which went too far even by my standards, very amusing. The three of them represent the remains of humorous sense in British television which is quickly becoming gagged by political correctness, health and safety, and positive discrimination.

I especially like how they make fun of each other in a very flippant way – writing that Clarkson is fat on his wetsuit, stuffing fruits into Hammond's exhaust pipes, commenting on May's eye infection, or May's remarks like big **** for Clarkson and irritating little sod for Hammond… or when Rupert Grint said that Clarkson's hair resemble pubic hair, which appeared to greatly amuse him.

The show is becoming more scripted and seemingly runs out of original ideas (I think the quality culminated around series 14) – India special was predictable as time – but looking at the US and Aussie licensed derivatives, they are still quite ahead of the competition.

Anyway, even if he meant to refer to the Asian on the bridge over the river ****, how incredibly sad and attention-seeking must one be to get offended by that? They have once shown a picture of an Audi with pickaxes sticking from its bonnet, claiming that is how we solve problems in Slovakia, although the picture was from somewhere else according to the registration plate. Despite the underlying suggestion that we are uncivilised, it was very amusing and to me not offensive at all (I think it is comparable to being called a slope or Clarkson's traditional lazy as Mexican).

That stupid woman should rather invest her time into learning some useful skills…
    Brilliant post!

She's clearly just looking for a bit of media attention for herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Ah quite far along, I hope all is going well. How did you come to the agreement of who should name the baby then? Congratulations once again, I hope it all goes well for you both.
    I really appreciate your kind words. It was a compromise between my Husband and I. He wanted his Mum to name the baby and I wanted my Grandma to have a say in it too.

ReputationRep:
    I really appreciate your kind words. It was a compromise between my Husband and I. He wanted his Mum to name the baby and I wanted my Grandma to have a say in it too.
    Have they just made suggestions or are they actually deciding?

While not having a child anytime soon i suspect the mother will be the one who gets the last say on the matter, my suggestions while wonderful are somewhat odd and would raise eyebrows. I'd quite like to name my future child Octavius for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    They are deciding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

While not having a child anytime soon i suspect the mother will be the one who gets the last say on the matter, my suggestions while wonderful are somewhat odd and would raise eyebrows. I'd quite like to name my future child Octavius for example.
    No offence Rakas, but that's something you'd name a Spider-Man villain.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.