Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great goal from Jim O'Brien for Coventry!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Superb win for Lincoln over Conference Leaders Barnet, 4-0 didn't see that coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethhPhill)
    X
    Is it true only about 300 or so supporters turned up at the match? If so that's a huge statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Is it true only about 300 or so supporters turned up at the match? If so that's a huge statement.
    In the end it was about 4,000 - but still, that's the lowest ever attendance at the Cardiff City Stadium. A lot of fans chose to boycott that match - I think there's a few more upcoming Championship fixtures that fans are using purely for protest. Unfortunately I'm back at Uni now, so unsure on what will go on!

But you're right, it was a huge statement. It's going to be an interesting year at Cardiff!

ReputationRep:
    In the end it was about 4,000 - but still, that's the lowest ever attendance at the Cardiff City Stadium. A lot of fans chose to boycott that match - I think there's a few more upcoming Championship fixtures that fans are using purely for protest. Unfortunately I'm back at Uni now, so unsure on what will go on!

But you're right, it was a huge statement. It's going to be an interesting year at Cardiff!
    Thanks for the insight! A rivalry game would be the best time to protest! Even my Bristol City supporting mate wants Tan out of your club and be Cardiff the Bluebirds again! :eek:

Like I said, I hope you it ends well for you guys

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the insight! A rivalry game would be the best time to protest! Even my Bristol City supporting mate wants Tan out of your club and be Cardiff the Bluebirds again! :eek:

Like I said, I hope you it ends well for you guys

No problem

That Bristol City comment has made my day!! Thank you for your kind words - we all hope so, too!
    We want the atmosphere and passion back at Cardiff; but loyalties are being tested at the moment with Tan.

This is one of my favourite photos to sum up the situation at the moment! It was a protest game against Liverpool in the Premier League. Obviously, had our kit been the usual blue, Liverpool could have turned up in their usual red - so fans used this to protest.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    No problem

That Bristol City comment has made my day!! Thank you for your kind words - we all hope so, too!
    We want the atmosphere and passion back at Cardiff; but loyalties are being tested at the moment with Tan.

This is one of my favourite photos to sum up the situation at the moment! It was a protest game against Liverpool in the Premier League. Obviously, had our kit been the usual blue, Liverpool could have turned up in their usual red - so fans used this to protest.
    Aww I'm glad about that Other Bristol City fans I know of did backhanded compliments by saying it would be better beating Cardiff in blue than a pseudo-Cardiff in red
    It's a shame that you got to the PL with him as an owner

That's a great image!! It's just not right seeing Cardiff in red...meh. If he changed the away kit to red but the home kit to blue a few years back, would you have been okay with it?

ReputationRep:
    Aww I'm glad about that Other Bristol City fans I know of did backhanded compliments by saying it would be better beating Cardiff in blue than a pseudo-Cardiff in red
    It's a shame that you got to the PL with him as an owner

That's a great image!! It's just not right seeing Cardiff in red...meh. If he changed the away kit to red but the home kit to blue a few years back, would you have been okay with it?
    Haha, I can genuinely imagine!! I've been to a few Bristol City games; amazing atmosphere - a good rivalry!
    Brilliant! - and to be honest, it's a two edged sword; he did generate money for us to be able to spend and that no doubt had an effect on our chances of promotion. So in some senses, his financial contributions have been helpful.

We've had an away kit in red before, so that would be something many of us would have (reluctantly) coped with - the biggest issue for us as well as the colour, is the badge. It's too similar to Swansea, but most importantly; our bluebird logo is hardly visible. Of course, we're the capital of Wales and it's good to promote Wales, but it just doesn't represent the club culture - we are the 'bluebirds' after all.
    To some fans this may sound a bit of an overreaction; but it's not to many of us at Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I can genuinely imagine!! I've been to a few Bristol City games; amazing atmosphere - a good rivalry!
    Brilliant! - and to be honest, it's a two edged sword; he did generate money for us to be able to spend and that no doubt had an effect on our chances of promotion. So in some senses, his financial contributions have been helpful.

We've had an away kit in red before, so that would be something many of us would have (reluctantly) coped with - the biggest issue for us as well as the colour, is the badge. It's too similar to Swansea, but most importantly; our bluebird logo is hardly visible. Of course, we're the capital of Wales and it's good to promote Wales, but it just doesn't represent the club culture - we are the 'bluebirds' after all.
    To some fans this may sound a bit of an overreaction; but it's not to many of us at Cardiff.
    I've been to Ashton Gate before many times and it's either dead or electric :lol:
    Although does it feel like dirty finances in a way? The fact that Cardiff is the capital of Wales n'all, it'll attract many investors around the world surely?

No no, I'm totally in agreement with you! You don;t throw away a 100 year tradition just like that. It's like the whole Hull City Tigers thing...like what!? :lolwut:
    Keep fighting for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Superb win for Lincoln over Conference Leaders Barnet, 4-0 didn't see that coming.
    Neither did I even after New Years Day and the struggle Barnet had to only win 1-0 over Aldershot Town.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Neither did I even after New Years Day and the struggle Barnet had to only win 1-0 over Aldershot Town.
    I'd put it down to a freak result
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Big turnaround at Glanford Park in the FA Cup tonight.

Scunthorpe led 2-0 with twenty minutes left, but Chesterfield scored two late on to force a replay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)

Scunthorpe led 2-0 with twenty minutes left, but Chesterfield scored two late on to force a replay.
    Hope Chesterfield win the replay so that we get them in the next round.

I'd personally love a Derbyshire derby

ReputationRep:

Ah yes, just this second posted about that on the FA Cup thread. Great away support as always for the Spireites - about 1800 I'm led to believe.

(Original post by Scott129)
    Hope Chesterfield win the replay so that we get them in the next round.

I'd personally love a Derbyshire derby
    I'd love a Derbyshire derby! There's no rivalry between our two clubs, and a few Spireites like myself have a little soft spot for our county brethren but it would be a great day out for us Chesterfield fans. Hoping 4k+ maybe 5k. But let's win the replay first haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    I'd love a Derbyshire derby! There's no rivalry between our two clubs, and a few Spireites like myself have a little soft spot for our county brethren but it would be a great day out for us Chesterfield fans. Hoping 4k+ maybe 5k. But let's win the replay first haha

Same for a lot of Derby fans, I think. I find myself looking out for both Chesterfield's and Burton's results regularly.

Would definitely be a great atmosphere too. Southport managed to bring 3K+ so I'd be expecting even more if Chesterfield were to get through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Same for a lot of Derby fans, I think. I find myself looking out for both Chesterfield's and Burton's results regularly.

Would definitely be a great atmosphere too. Southport managed to bring 3K+ so I'd be expecting even more if Chesterfield were to get through.
    Well here's to a successful replay next Tuesday then

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff City could play in blue at home to Fulham tomorrow!!!

Talks with Tan and the board; and it's looking very likely that the bluebirds will return - so apprehensive and excited about the news.

Who's everyone playing this weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Bolton away, looking at another defeat there...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Cardiff City could play in blue at home to Fulham tomorrow!!!

Talks with Tan and the board; and it's looking very likely that the bluebirds will return - so apprehensive and excited about the news.

Who's everyone playing this weekend?
    Great news - and it shows that fans voting with their feet works.

4,000 at the FA Cup tie the other night. It made for woeful viewing and definitely had an effect on the players on the pitch.

Hopefully this sets a precedent. Football clubs aren't property of the owners.

ReputationRep:
    Great news - and it shows that fans voting with their feet works.

4,000 at the FA Cup tie the other night. It made for woeful viewing and definitely had an effect on the players on the pitch.

Hopefully this sets a precedent. Football clubs aren't property of the owners.
    I can't explain how happy all of the fans are right now. That's very true. It has to be prevented from happening to other clubs. The Football League and Fulham have agreed that Cardiff can play immediately in blue tomorrow - the playing on the field needs to be improved, but this is a very good day for Cardiff fans! BLUEBIRDS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.