Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago now I know, but Gasquet was at his brilliant best against Berdych on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Goffin the magnificent has just claimed his second ATP title of the year in Metz with a two set (6-4, 6-3) victory over J Sousa. Hurray!

Name:  goffin1.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  16.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    If Andy Murray doesn't win the Shenzhen Open tournament, it's fair enough if his fans start to hit the panic button. Looking at the rest of the field, there's no reason why he shouldn't be winning this tournament - he's supposed to be in a different class altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    If Andy Murray doesn't win the Shenzhen Open tournament, it's fair enough if his fans start to hit the panic button. Looking at the rest of the field, there's no reason why he shouldn't be winning this tournament - he's supposed to be in a different class altogether.
    With the way he has played this season, Gasquet and Robredo can beat him although his biggest threat Ferrer is gone so yeah he should definitely win it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how many of you saw this, but Andy Murray has just saved 5 match points to beat Robredo and win the Shenzhen title - his first in almost 15 months! Maybe this is what he needs to kickstart some form of revival next year.

ReputationRep:
    Raonic on for his third Tokyo final in succession and Nikishori on for back to back Asian wins.

ReputationRep:
    Murray looks to be back in form beating Cilic quite comfortably, although he will lose to Beijing GOAT Novak tomorrow. Nadal lost to Klizan which shouldn't be that surprising tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    Murray looks to be back in form beating Cilic quite comfortably, although he will lose to Beijing GOAT Novak tomorrow. Nadal lost to Klizan which shouldn't be that surprising tbh.
    Wow, expected Nadal to be raging back to form.

Federer becomes world number 2 if he reaches the SF in Shanghai and Nadal does not improve on the SF he defends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Wow, expected Nadal to be raging back to form.

Federer becomes world number 2 if he reaches the SF in Shanghai and Nadal does not improve on the SF he defends.
    Nadal is never great during the fall season and coming back from a 3 month layoff won't help. I don't expect him to win anything for the rest of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Nole 2 strong 4 Murray.

6-3 6-4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Murray has a lot of work to do in the off season if he is to compete with the big guns again.

ReputationRep:
    Murray has a lot of work to do in the off season if he is to compete with the big guns again.
    All the more complicated by the fact that Del Potro is will be back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    All the more complicated by the fact that Del Potro is will be back.
    Delpo will probably need some time to get back to his best but I see your point.

ReputationRep:
    Delpo will probably need some time to get back to his best but I see your point.
    Last time he had a slow 2011 but was back near his best by early 2012. This time he has the benefit of knowing what was needed with the other wrist so i'd be looking at Queens onward for a surge in form.

Murray's recover is slower likely because it was his back. Though it could just be confidence related now given that he managed the FO SF.

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic thrashes Berdych 6-0, 6-2 to win the China Open once again. No surprise really, he's looked very good this week and I can see this form being carried into Shanghai. The only person who might have stopped him or made it difficult for him (and even that's a little doubtful) wasn't playing anyway.
    Murray is getting visibly better - a comeback in 2015 could be on the cards.

ReputationRep:
    Birdick shouldn't even be in the top 10 after that pathetic performance. Novak should have handed out a double bagel but felt sorry from him so gifted him a couple of games.

And Nishikori wins another title which is great.

ReputationRep:
    Berdych is the h&m guy right? Bad performance, but he's adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Berdych is the h&m guy right? Bad performance, but he's adorable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah his outfits are terrible imo.

ReputationRep:
    Federer doesn't get a lot of credit for his fighting ability but today's match proved that Fed is a great fighter. Saved set points in the first set and saved 5 match points in the 3rd set. Having said that Fed was a bit lucky as well. He needs to improve big time otherwise Nole will crush him should Fed get there. I don't think I screamed as much as I did today when Fed hit that brilliant lob to clinch the match. So excited lol. Mayer is a great player btw.

Fed is also number 2 with Rafa losing today. Great for a 33 year old.

ReputationRep:
    Birdick shouldn't even be in the top 10 after that pathetic performance. Novak should have handed out a double bagel but felt sorry from him so gifted him a couple of games.

And Nishikori wins another title which is great.
    You're getting very good at this :congrats:. Pray continue your efforts.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.