Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Reason I don't want Remy is because Theo and Ox will be back next season and they are direct and both runners. Remy is a similar player. We need something different, someone who's a good dribbler, can whip in crosses and would give a decent goal return of the wing. So yeah one of Griezmann/Di Maria/Vela pls.

Looks like man like Mourinho benched Hazard for the outburst. Peak. Wouldn't mind a cheeky £30m bid from Arsene, would sort our LW problem nicely. Come to think of it why did Wenger choose forehead over him. Will live to regret that decision.

I see someone mentioned Balotelli a few pages back, that would be an interesting one tbh. I think he would flourish here, but it would be a big risk because of his temperament. I don't think Wenger has managed a personality like him before, I think it's a risk worth taking though. He's the type of guy capable of getting us 30 goals next season if his heads right. A bit like Adebayor when he was here.
    I wouldn't look too much into benching Hazard this game. Even though I expect that's why he did it.

The guy has been injured for like a month, been rushed to fitness for a game and played 90mins plus we're facing Norwich.

I'd look more into it if on the final game he's not playing.

Gervinho is a top player tbf and obviously was cheaper than Hazard. I like him and it seems that Rudi Garcia is getting the best out of him. Top coach, Garcia, Simeone and Brendan Rodgers should be nominees for manager of the year, Ancelotti too if Real win the CL.

Nobody has done as well as those three, besides toni pulis

ReputationRep:
    I'd have Remy over Manduzick(sp) and Balo

Don Balo has the potential to be a beast but doesn't have the will and manduzick is an upgrade of giruu

manzuudick is a iphone 5s to jiruu's iPhone 5 - not worth eiiit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I wouldn't look too much into benching Hazard this game. Even though I expect that's why he did it.

The guy has been injured for like a month, been rushed to fitness for a game and played 90mins plus we're facing Norwich.

I'd look more into it if on the final game he's not playing.

Gervinho is a top player tbf and obviously was cheaper than Hazard. I like him and it seems that Rudi Garcia is getting the best out of him. Top coach, Garcia, Simeone and Brendan Rodgers should be nominees for manager of the year, Ancelotti too if Real win the CL.

Nobody has done as well as those three, besides toni pulis
    Yeah not being serious about Hazard obv. More chance of us signing Messi. Gervinho is a system player, he was never going to suit our style as we are a possession team and he isn't an intelligent winger, all he does is run into space. Not hating on him but if he had a brain (like Pires) then he would have been a success here. Doesn't help that so many fans were ********s to him too at the Emirates.

I think if Atletico win the double then Simeone name is all over that award tbh.

ReputationRep:

I think if Atletico win the double then Simeone name is all over that award tbh.
    Yeah that's true. I do think if Liverpool win the title and Simeone wins La Liga it'll go to Ancelotti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah that's true. I do think if Liverpool win the title and Simeone wins La Liga it'll go to Ancelotti.
    Don't know who would deserve it more if Atletico win La Liga and Real win the CL though. Atletico breaking the duopoly and reaching a CL final is extremely impressive if you look at their squad. But then again Ancelotti will be securing the CDR + La Decima, but he's had much more resources than Simeone and the best attack in world football. I think if this happens if would be interesting to see what people think of who was the better manager. If one of them wins the double then that's the person who deserves it imo.

ReputationRep:
    Those Steven Gerrard Vine's on Twitter are gonna get rinsed I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Say what you want but the only player similar to remy is Walcott. I can't believe people here are still saying ox is similar..he doesn't make runs in to space he tends to drift in centrally and congest the midfield most of the time.

Remy would be a good signing and I can see him being used against top opposition as his pace would not allow opposition defences to push up. His hold up play can be improved on I mean he's got the stature just needs to practice it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsene just said he had no idea Remy was in the stadium and said he wasnt invited by anyone at the club...

Remy=brg

ReputationRep:
    Don't know who would deserve it more if Atletico win La Liga and Real win the CL though. Atletico breaking the duopoly and reaching a CL final is extremely impressive if you look at their squad. But then again Ancelotti will be securing the CDR + La Decima, but he's had much more resources than Simeone and the best attack in world football. I think if this happens if would be interesting to see what people think of who was the better manager. If one of them wins the double then that's the person who deserves it imo.

Simeone would and should still be the favourite. La decima gets overrated because of the media and internet narrative by RM papers in the last decade; in reality, it's just one CL title, and one that should be expected after they spent ~700m on players since 2002. It's more astonoshing that they haven't won one yet than it would be amazing if they won it now.

Not taking anything away from Ancelotti, who has done a great job, but it is not comparable to Simeone in the slightest, who has arguably been the best manager of the season.

Plus, la decima doesn't really get as much attention in other countries as it does in Spain and funnily enough in England, so it wouldn't have as big an effect I think.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I think Wenger can do a job on Remy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Said for ages that Remy would be a good signing for you lot. 20 goals in 40 games for 2 very poor teams, imagine what he could do with the likes of Ozil, Cazorla and Walcott supporting him. He wouldn't cost an awful lot either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I don't know why but I think Wenger can do a job on Remy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger was most definitely "aware" of Remy since youth level. I'm sure he's tracked his career ever since. Wenger is the football expert and you have to respect his judgement on Remy. Who know why Wenger doesnt fancy him, maybe he isnt good enough or maybe it's his attitude. I look back to M'vila, he certainly had the ability to play at Arsenal but his attitude was rotten

ReputationRep:
    Man arsenal are hilarious, joke of a club. Hope hull win the FA cup

COYS COYB COYH!!!!!

(Original post by DurhamXI)
    Where is Zurich these days? I miss him.

Gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Wenger was most definitely "aware" of Remy since youth level. I'm sure he's tracked his career ever since. Wenger is the football expert and you have to respect his judgement on Remy. Who know why Wenger doesnt fancy him, maybe he isnt good enough or maybe it's his attitude. I look back to M'vila, he certainly had the ability to play at Arsenal but his attitude was rotten
    We were linked to him in his Nice days before he went to Marsielle.

-----
    The thing with Remy as well is that he's not that great. He's behind Giroud in the pecking order for France. So when French managers have had the option between Remy and Giroud, they all generally go for Giroud. Wenger has passed on him many times till now so really strange to think he'd go for him now.

I doubt we're in for in in all seriousness. Have we ever brought a player into the stands before singing him?

Again, I wouldn't mind if we can get him for dirt cheap minimum wages but we'll need to sign one more stoker because he's below Giroud's level.

Maybe this is just some clever manoeuvre by him and his agent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The pencil one)
    Man arsenal are hilarious, joke of a club. Hope hull win the FA cup

COYS COYB COYH!!!!!

Gay.
    lul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    lul
    srs

ReputationRep:
    Remy + Martinez + Bender + replacement for Sagna if he leaves = much trophy

ReputationRep:
    Question to Arsene Wenger: “Will you be here next season?”

Answer...

ReputationRep:
    Rumours heating up on Twitter that we've activated Velas £3.3m release clause. Great signing if true, gives us a different option. He's scored 19 goals this season. Wouldnt be the end of the world if we don't sign a top striker since we have multiple goalscoring threats in our team.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours heating up on Twitter that we've activated Velas £3.3m release clause. Great signing if true, gives us a different option.
    Whys your name the invincible? That was 1 season, get over it

lul

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.