GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Swag>education)
Is equilibrium the same as dynamic equilibrium I don't understand does the harber process reach eaquilibrium but not dynamic equilibrium ??
Equilibrium is more general though, as in it justrefers to balance and in chemical reactions this balance is constantly changing(chemiclas swithing between reactant and product), the habor process is reversible but never reaches equilibrium(reversible reactions are able to meet dynamic equilibrium but don't always) and i thinl you'd get a lower yeild(like half) if it reached dynamic equilibrium
Swag>education
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
Don't worry - I'd be the same in your position

Normally on past papers I don't really drop that many marks, but on this I dropped 15 despite thinking that it was alright - I hated the last question and I messed up the cyclic quad that I thought was easy! :rolleyes: What about you, what are you aiming for?
I know I got atleast 50 most 59 but an A* atleast I hope Im much better at calculator I tend to make silly mistakes on non and I couldn't do the last 2 questions I tried
Sulfur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Swag>education)
I know I got atleast 50 most 59 but an A* atleast I hope Im much better at calculator I tend to make silly mistakes on non and I couldn't do the last 2 questions I tried
The trigonometric one seemed difficult, but when in doubt - factorise! It was alright after that stage, but still tricky overall. I like the non-calc better than calculator, but I'm gonna have to try and get 95/105 on this one which'll be very very difficult.
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Does anyone find some of this C7 really irrelevant? Such as the stages to introduce a new chemical process, how ethanol is produced and these quantitative analysis pages?
Swag>education
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The trigonometric one seemed difficult, but when in doubt - factorise! It was alright after that stage, but still tricky overall. I like the non-calc better than calculator, but I'm gonna have to try and get 95/105 on this one which'll be very very difficult.
I only need like 60 or 70 for my A* good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swag>education
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone find some of this C7 really irrelevant? Such as the stages to introduce a new chemical process, how ethanol is produced and these quantitative analysis pages?
Yeah a lot of it follows from core and additional chemistry they always have pointless pages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amyjonesx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know what grade 44/60 would be on the specimen paper?
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amyjonesx)
Does anyone know what grade 44/60 would be on the specimen paper?
Specimen paper was really difficult and harder than the June 2013, since there's no grade boundaries I'd definitely say an A*.
Amyjonesx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Specimen paper was really difficult and harder than the June 2013, since there's no grade boundaries I'd definitely say an A*.
Thankyou!
do you understand the second to last question? I cant seem to figure it out even with the mark scheme
also the 6 markers were really weirdly worded
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To be honest, every GCSE coursevis full of non sequitur topics, but the 7s are particularly bad. "Hey, everything seems logical so far... lol let's put a question about fizzy drinks in that has almost nothing to do with the specification"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Krollo)
To be honest, every GCSE coursevis full of non sequitur topics, but the 7s are particularly bad. "Hey, everything seems logical so far... lol let's put a question about fizzy drinks in that has almost nothing to do with the specification"

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't tell you how much time I wasted by literally ranting in my mind thinking 'What the actual...' - and going through B7 in my head trying to spot a topic. Absolute crap OCR. It does make me laugh though, in reflection...
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amyjonesx)
Thankyou!
do you understand the second to last question? I cant seem to figure it out even with the mark scheme
also the 6 markers were really weirdly worded
I haven't finished C7 revision just yet and I don't understand it The bond and gas chromatography six marker doesn't look bad, but that first one - what the hell? Reaction with a metal would work right? Meh.
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please help. I'm losing the motivation to revise for chem. And there's still P7 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
totabatouta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DDan123)
Please help. I'm losing the motivation to revise for chem. And there's still P7 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god tell me about it... C7 is soooooooooo longg.
corporal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who is up?? I'm starting revision at 9 am
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by corporal)
Who is up?? I'm starting revision at 9 am
I'm starting now! I've got district sports later so won't be able to revise for a massive chunk of the day -_-

How much you got left?
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone onto past papers yet? I've finished notes and notes on the spec so I'm moving ooon..
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DDan123)
Please help. I'm losing the motivation to revise for chem. And there's still P7 ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think about it this way. Next week you'll be FREE! So put the work in now and just relax later on
corporal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
I'm starting now! I've got district sports later so won't be able to revise for a massive chunk of the day -_-

How much you got left?

From the CGP bk- I'm starting Esters
BarneyMartin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In paper chromatography; when the substances reach a dynamic equilibrium does this mean they stop moving up the paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (114)
80.28%
Leave (28)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed