The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

@TrainingChopeful what went wrong with your IM interview mate? sorry to hear it :frown: I've still not heard from them about video interview which is interesting. I applied in mid jan, which was before some people who have already heard about vid interview! You reckon that means i've been shelved?
Original post by TykeDragon
@TrainingChopeful what went wrong with your IM interview mate? sorry to hear it :frown: I've still not heard from them about video interview which is interesting. I applied in mid jan, which was before some people who have already heard about vid interview! You reckon that means i've been shelved?

I'm just someone who likes to feed off the interviewer's reaction rather than talking to myself ha! and it was my first ever vid interview so I was super nervous and I feel I rambled. Plus a notification on my laptop went off despite me turning them all off but hopefully they won't notice as I tried to carry on as normal as if it hadn't happened :tongue: I'm not expecting to offered an AC after that!

That's weird - the deadline has passed so maybe drop them an email? I applied on Saturday and was offered a video on Monday or Tuesday, the deadline for the interview was the 9th...
Reply 2282
Has anyone heard anything from White & Case yet? Thanks
Has anyone heard from Mills & Reeve at all?
Reply 2284
Original post by Horse273
Yep got an offer on Tuesday :redface:

How long did it take for them to get back to you after your AC? I had my AC early this week.
Reply 2285
Original post by excito
Has anyone heard anything from White & Case yet? Thanks

Yes, got an offer for partnership position.
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I'm just someone who likes to feed off the interviewer's reaction rather than talking to myself ha! and it was my first ever vid interview so I was super nervous and I feel I rambled. Plus a notification on my laptop went off despite me turning them all off but hopefully they won't notice as I tried to carry on as normal as if it hadn't happened :tongue: I'm not expecting to offered an AC after that!

That's weird - the deadline has passed so maybe drop them an email? I applied on Saturday and was offered a video on Monday or Tuesday, the deadline for the interview was the 9th...

Sure it's not as bad as you thought! Dreading doing mine! Guessing you get about 2 mins to answer, will have to speak quickly:smile:
Original post by Sian.
Still waiting on Pinsents, are you? Like you said there assessment days are soon so I assume they have replied to some people?

I don't know...it's really quite weird that they've not sent out POFs or anything as well. Just wish I'd know by now!
Original post by Jingojango
Sure it's not as bad as you thought! Dreading doing mine! Guessing you get about 2 mins to answer, will have to speak quickly:smile:

Good luck :smile: i finished my answers with about 10 seconds to spare - I'm pretty sure mine was terrible but oh well onwards and upwards!
Hi everyone,

I have been invited to complete a video interview with Hill Dickinson. Any advice and/or tips as whether this is wholly competency, or mixed with commercial awareness etc?

Thanks for any guidance!
Reply 2290
I have 2 questions about an application form I am filling in:

1. The application asks for a high point as in a job, task or project I did well with regard to ECs- is it appropriate to use representative experience where I solved a really big issue the students had?

2. The application form asks for a cover letter as in a formal letter of introduction - does that include addresses etc? Or can I just write Dear X, graduate recruitment manager etc

Thank you (:
Original post by need good news
Hi to all, I can see that some people have been wondering what is happening with Mishcon de Reya so thought I would let you know about my app process. I applied end of November, heard back middle of Jan with invite for video interview, received an assessment day invite on tuesday this week and had the A/C on Weds, and then received the vac scheme offer on Weds itself. --- for those who applied later (in Jan) there is a chance you may not make it to the A/C if you haven't heard now as they do recruit on a rolling basis and don't have many spaces on the vac scheme.

This is the only app I made and so I cannot comment on other firms processes.

Good luck to all still waiting to hear!

Thanks for this - v informative if disappointing! I work full time so didn't have a chance to do my app earlier than Jan as was flooded with work before Christmas. Such a pain that might be what lets me down.

Do you know how many assessment days they're holding? They didn't give you much notice!

Congrats on the offer.
Original post by MonkeymanC3
Hi everyone,

I have been invited to complete a video interview with Hill Dickinson. Any advice and/or tips as whether this is wholly competency, or mixed with commercial awareness etc?

Thanks for any guidance!

Hey, do you mind telling me your deadline to complete the video interview by please? My deadline to do it was the 4th so just wondering if they will be responding on a rolling basis too.

I had very generic questions but I did it a while ago and have done another since and so I cannot remember the exact questions. I'm also not sure if each candidate has the same questions or if they are randomly picked from a bank. Sorry to be of very little help! I do remember that you get 30 seconds before the camera starts recording (more forgiving than my other one which gave you 15!).
(edited 9 years ago)
Ahh congrats! proof that it can be done! I have my assessment day on Wednesday. Would you mind if I PM'd you for some advice?

Thanks
VS offer from Travers Smith :smile:
Reply 2295
Hi guys, has Fieldfisher answered to everyone (after passing both tests)?
Original post by London18
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any advice for a Fieldfisher telephone interview?

Thanks so much!

I have a telephone interview with Fieldfisher on Monday. Have you done yours yet? Any advice?
Original post by SBafa
Hi guys, has Fieldfisher answered to everyone (after passing both tests)?

I heard back from them on Wednesday and have a telephone interview next week. I know a few others who haven't heard back yet though!
Original post by need good news
Hi to all, I can see that some people have been wondering what is happening with Mishcon de Reya so thought I would let you know about my app process. I applied end of November, heard back middle of Jan with invite for video interview, received an assessment day invite on tuesday this week and had the A/C on Weds, and then received the vac scheme offer on Weds itself. --- for those who applied later (in Jan) there is a chance you may not make it to the A/C if you haven't heard now as they do recruit on a rolling basis and don't have many spaces on the vac scheme.

This is the only app I made and so I cannot comment on other firms processes.

Good luck to all still waiting to hear!

Ahh congrats! proof that it can be done! I have my assessment day on Wednesday. Would you mind if I PM'd you for some advice?

Thanks
Reply 2299
Original post by jayneoh
I heard back from them on Wednesday and have a telephone interview next week. I know a few others who haven't heard back yet though!

waiting is the worst. thanks though:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest