Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Just habit, I suppose. Why do you so this? Idk the people there are nice af, could see myself enjoying it. I spent an hour talking to head of EMEA rates desk about what pranks they pull on their summer interns amongst other serious stuff.
    During the week, about 3 hours is sent on the desk and if you want to see IBD. It's not even on the desk it's just group discussion.
    The people are fine, yeah, lots of banks have great people. Honestly look deeply into these spring weeks. Barclays is one of the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone did citi numerical? Fkin joke, wonder who can actually get through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    During the week, about 3 hours is sent on the desk and if you want to see IBD. It's not even on the desk it's just group discussion.
    The people are fine, yeah, lots of banks have great people. Honestly look deeply into these spring weeks. Barclays is one of the worst

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How would you rank them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    How would you rank them?
    Was the offer I considered the least and rejected the most quickly.
    Wouldn't rank then highly at all. Probably worst of the BBs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashzeJ)
    Don't worry I did it and thought the same but got an email today to say I passed, I can't imagine the cutoff being particularly high, hardest test I've done by far.

ReputationRep:
    Are any ibd's filled other than db? I sent most off about a month ago and have had no correspondence whatsoever from any.

ReputationRep:
    Have any CS offers been handed out?

ReputationRep:
    Also, how are people prepping for phone interviews? Feel like my way is too OTT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    Also, how are people prepping for phone interviews? Feel like my way is too OTT
    What is 'your way'?

ReputationRep:
    How about everybody share his preferences ? Because I actually know about the prestige of the banks but not about the conversion rates or the quality of their SW.

Blindly I would have gone in order with GS, MS, JpM, UBS, (DB which I failed), BAML, Citi

I did. Do you think the boundary is high? I felt the same way about the RBS numerical, but managed to pass.

any ideas when we will hear back about our results?

ReputationRep:
      From inside information within Citi I've heard that if you get less than 80 % on the numerical, the possibility to get an interview drops quite significantly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manuelle)
      I did. Do you think the boundary is high? I felt the same way about the RBS numerical, but managed to pass.

any ideas when we will hear back about our results?
      From inside information within Citi I've heard that if you get less than 80 % on the numerical, the possibility to get an interview drops quite significantly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mralpha)
      Benchmark is 65th percentile and numerical tests scores are usually a binary pass/fail that don't carry forward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Rejection from CS/DB/BarCap. Waiting on others, hopefully we hear from the rest before the Christmas break!

ReputationRep:
      citi numerical tore me a new one, ****ed up at least 4 qs easily, fml

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by welcometoib)
      citi numerical tore me a new one, ****ed up at least 4 qs easily, fml
      I probably got 1 q right lol

I probably got 1 q right lol

Same here. Won't they react if many of the potential candidates find their tests too difficult? It frankly seemed even more complex than the famous RBS numerical.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by $$$stackemup$$$)
        Rejection from CS/DB/BarCap. Waiting on others, hopefully we hear from the rest before the Christmas break!
        I got rejected from Barclays, which i didnt really care about
        but still on the go with CS MS & BAML interviews... waiting on the others to reply... (applied to 7) DB hasn't sent me anything after my numerical.... only finished Citi two days ago and still waiting to hear from back them, i reckon i passed since I have not been rejected yet lol.

When did CS reject you? after phone interview? I will have mine next week...

(Original post by blix2)
          I got rejected from Barclays, which i didnt really care about
          but still on the go with CS MS & BAML interviews... waiting on the others to reply... (applied to 7) DB hasn't sent me anything after my numerical.... only finished Citi two days ago and still waiting to hear from back them, i reckon i passed since I have not been rejected yet lol.

When did CS reject you? after phone interview? I will have mine next week...
          When did you submit your application to Barclays?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.