Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Cheers for the reassurance, some people linked some guardian article on the camb applicants thread that defo scared me a bit haha. Idk about you but I'm getting pretty nervous for the 10th
    Same but I guess there's nothing we can do, I'd literally forgotten until today that I'd sent essays off in November or something ridiculous, which sort of reassures me that it's not all just going to be based on my one 25 minute interview
    Although I am definitely expecting a rejection aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Same but I guess there's nothing we can do, I'd literally forgotten until today that I'd sent essays off in November or something ridiculous, which sort of reassures me that it's not all just going to be based on my one 25 minute interview
    Although I am definitely expecting a rejection aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I guess at least essays is another criterion for them to pick you. All I have is my grades and my interview - which didn't feel that great! Waiting is so long, I'd just hate to get a phone call telling me I have another interview!! Well at least you have Warwick in the bag already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Ah I guess at least essays is another criterion for them to pick you. All I have is my grades and my interview - which didn't feel that great! Waiting is so long, I'd just hate to get a phone call telling me I have another interview!! Well at least you have Warwick in the bag already
    Yeah true and I do love warwick, it's just when you get to cambridge your like wow this is so nice I could imagine myself here and that's going to make a rejection so much worse

I hope your cambridge response is good, we'll have to let each other know the outcome on Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true and I do love warwick, it's just when you get to cambridge your like wow this is so nice I could imagine myself here and that's going to make a rejection so much worse

I hope your cambridge response is good, we'll have to let each other know the outcome on Saturday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I've done way too much 'picturing myself at Cambridge' too! Yes and to you, best of luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham(maths and economics), Exeter and Birmingham on 14th October.

Stats:
    AABB in AS economics, business, maths and further maths.
    Predicted A*A*AB in economics, business, maths and further maths.

My GCSE's weren't particularly great because I messed things up in year 11 and I went to a school at the bottom of the secondary school league table, but since then I've moved to another sixth form and my grades were significantly improved.

GCSE 1A* 1A 6B's 4C's 1E

Oxford - Rejected
    Nottingham - A*AA or A*AB or AAAA
    Exeter - A*A*A
    Birmingham - AAA or AABB

Still haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet but I'm worried that my grades are not as high as they wanted...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betrueoriginal)
    I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham(maths and economics), Exeter and Birmingham on 14th October.

Stats:

My GCSE's weren't particularly great because I messed things up in year 11 and I went to a school at the bottom of the secondary school league table, but since then I've moved to another sixth form and my grades were significantly improved.

GCSE 1A* 1A 6B's 4C's 1E

Oxford - Rejected
    Exeter - A*A*A
    Birmingham - AAA or AABB

Still haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet but I'm worried that my grades are not as high as they wanted...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi haven't seen you on the thread before

Sorry about the oxford rejection what are you thinking as putting as firm and insurance at the moment?

Also with the warwick thing no news may be good news plenty of people who I thought would definitely get in have been rejected so maybe not hearing anything isn't as bad as you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Sorry about the oxford rejection what are you thinking as putting as firm and insurance at the moment?

Also with the warwick thing no news may be good news plenty of people who I thought would definitely get in have been rejected so maybe not hearing anything isn't as bad as you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello!

My mind were set at Warwick beforehand anyway but Oxford were just an chance to see if I could do better so I'm not that bothered about the rejection

I'm really stressed about not hearing anything back from Warwick but at the moment I'm thinking Birmingham as insurance and hopefully Warwick as firm if I do get an offer. Exeter's offer were too high IMO and I'm not sure whether I want to do maths with economics anymore :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This waiting is terrifying me!Someone told me I would have been rejected by now if I had no hope of getting in!Well let's hope we get offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    This waiting is terrifying me!Someone told me I would have been rejected by now if I had no hope of getting in!Well let's hope we get offers
    Let's hope that's the case! No news is still better than bad news

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope that's the case! No news is still better than bad news
    Well said!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

My mind were set at Warwick beforehand anyway but Oxford were just an chance to see if I could do better so I'm not that bothered about the rejection

I'm really stressed about not hearing anything back from Warwick but at the moment I'm thinking Birmingham as insurance and hopefully Warwick as firm if I do get an offer. Exeter's offer were too high IMO and I'm not sure whether I want to do maths with economics anymore :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah ok I see, yeah that's how I felt with cambridge but now I love it hahaha

Although if I end up at warwick it'll still be good because of how nice the campus and how good the course is

Yeah not sure what's going I with Exeter this year, they've really gone high with the offers

Best of luck with warwick though, I hope you get an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Stats:

GCSE 1A* 1A 6B's 4C's 1E

Oxford - Rejected
    Exeter - A*A*A
    Birmingham - AAA or AABB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That Exeter requirement is ridiculous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been pooled yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahtetteh)
    Someone on the cambridge thread has definitely been invited for reinterview for economics but that's all I've seen
    I haven't heard anything which I'm sort of glad of, getting to cambridge on such short notice would be a nightmare for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty much impatient!Waiting for another 3 universities to respond!

ReputationRep:
    Someone on the cambridge thread has definitely been invited for reinterview for economics but that's all I've seen
    I haven't heard anything which I'm sort of glad of, getting to cambridge on such short notice would be a nightmare for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right okay. I've been pooled to Girton. I have two interviews and a test

ReputationRep:
    Me! Whens your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right okay. I've been pooled to Girton. I have two interviews and a test
    Ah ok the other person was pooled to selwyn

Well this isn't necessarily bad news for you although obviously having to go to cambridge again is annoying. You just have to remember that they haven't rejected you and you're still in with a good chance (I think the odds for reinterview pool people are relatively high) also girton is a nice college, pretty sure it has a swimming pool?

Is the interview this weekend? Best of luck for it and I hope you get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Me! Whens your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where have you been pooled to? My interview is on Sat, one at 10:55, one at 2. You?

ReputationRep:
    Where have you been pooled to? My interview is on Sat, one at 10:55, one at 2. You?
    Selwyn Mine is on Monday, don't know times yet. How are you preparing? Atleast we have another shot at it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.