Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonnyss)
    I got 8A* 4A and 2A* 2A predictions. Is this good enough as an international?

How much do academics (especially predicted AS in comparison to achieved GCSEs) weigh, doesn't BMAT also have a large influence?
    I'm not quite sure how Imperial's application system works (I'll be applying here this year as well) but judging by successful applicants in the past, I think the BMAT is the most important aspect here, since applicants are rejected without interview if they don't meet the cutoff, regardless of how stellar the rest of their applications are. Also, the fact that you're an international applicant will not disadvantage you against other applicants in any way.Your academics seem more than enough to get you an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonnyss)
    I got 8A* 4A and 2A* 2A predictions. Is this good enough as an international?

How much do academics (especially predicted AS in comparison to achieved GCSEs) weigh, doesn't BMAT also have a large influence?
    (Original post by xtremespec)
    I'm not quite sure how Imperial's application system works (I'll be applying here this year as well) but judging by successful applicants in the past, I think the BMAT is the most important aspect here, since applicants are rejected without interview if they don't meet the cutoff, regardless of how stellar the rest of their applications are. Also, the fact that you're an international applicant will not disadvantage you against other applicants in any way.Your academics seem more than enough to get you an interview.
    for international applicant, bmat is key and is almost everything. most of the international applicants have good academic stats anyway... it is the bmat that differentiate good candidates from the rest of the cohort
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    How much do you need to revise BMAT to get above 5 in section 1 and 2?

ReputationRep:
    ****s ridiculous im forgetting medicine frim now on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    How much do you need to revise BMAT to get above 5 in section 1 and 2?
    quite some work

(Original post by Jkoo22)
    ****s ridiculous im forgetting medicine frim now on
    why

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs: 6A*s and 4As enough?

Currently doing AS levels and looking for experience.

Volunteering/Extra Curricular:
    St Johns Ambulance
    Maths Tutoring
    Volunteering at a speech and language therapy centre
    Charity Week London
    Peer mentor
    Literacy coordinator (2012-14)
    Younger interpreter at school (2013-2014)
    Prefect (2014-2015)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone know if imperial look at the rest of your application after your interview? Or do they give offers based on interview performance alone?

Has anybody received the welcome mail from Imperial? I got the welcome mail from the other three choices I'd mentioned in my UCAS application. Is something wrong??

(Original post by xtremespec)
    Hey guys, does anyone know if imperial look at the rest of your application after your interview? Or do they give offers based on interview performance alone?
    I feel they go through the whole application before letting the pupil in. I'm not very sure too.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Has anyone heard from imperial about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Why hasn't anything been sent yet :| they said they'd start sending invites/rejections from the 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Realized this is for 2015 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppy4)
    Congratulation! May I know your stats please?
    do they ask for gcse results at uni

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an offer who had an interview In March? Do you think my chances of getting an offer after interview are lower because my interview is 1st of March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igor_karkaroff)
    2.00pm! Add me up on twitter, I'll private mssg you my username. We might become classmates

ReputationRep:
    If you meet the cut off for band 1 in sections 1 and 2, but narrowly miss it on section 3, will you be in band 2 or band 1? Seems a bit unfair to use band 2 if you met criteria in 2 sections...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    If you meet the cut off for band 1 in sections 1 and 2, but narrowly miss it on section 3, will you be in band 2 or band 1? Seems a bit unfair to use band 2 if you met criteria in 2 sections...
    Band 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Band 2
    Hmm ok I got 5.6, 6, 3A.... fingers crossed they suddenly decide to make the section 3 cut off lower this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni12345678)
    Hmm ok I got 5.6, 6, 3A.... fingers crossed they suddenly decide to make the section 3 cut off lower this year
    The odds of getting an interview from band 1 or 2 are comparable. If you get rejected (after interview), it's unlikely it would be due to your band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    The odds of getting an interview from band 1 or 2 are comparable. If you get rejected (after interview), it's unlikely it would be due to your band
    Ah ok, just realised I've posted this on the 2015 thread instead of 2017 haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.