ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edexcel*******s)
    F****** nipple
    Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    THAT WAS THE WORST EXAM OF MY LIFE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, was f(x) an increasing or decreasing function? I said that it was decreasing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)
    oh my god that trig proof question was designed by satan himself
    yes what was that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmo19)
    A good paper I think, there were definitely some challenging bits so we can still hope for a low UMS. Lost two marks on 2b?!? Does anyone know how to do :

tan(theta) = p
    Find Cos(theta) in terms of p?

I think parts a and c were 2p/(1-p^2) and (1+p)/(p-1)

Cos(θ)=1/secθ=1/(1+tan^2θ)^1/2=1/(1+p^2)^1/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hani1666)
    Yep same!
    What did you get for finding values in the graphing question? I got something like 5/2 or something like that. Also, what did everyone get for the range of g? Mine had an e in it? So I said that 0 was less than or equal to g(x) less than or equal to (can't reember what i put, it had an 8 and an e in it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_888)
    For the last question, was f(x) an increasing or decreasing function? I said that it was decreasing...
    Decreasing, complete 50:50 guess as I thought the bottom was larger than the top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj97)
    What did you get for finding values in the graphing question? I got something like 5/2 or something like that. Also, what did everyone get for the range of g? Mine had an e in it? So I said that 0 was less than or equal to g(x) less than or equal to (can't reember what i put, it had an 8 and an e in it)
    Had an e in it, was like -4eto the 4 something < g(x) < something positive with e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adsneap)
    3pi/10 for the y intercept of tangent?
    I got this!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrybirdzzz)
    What did you get for the function at the last question? Increasing or decreasing?
    Increasing

ReputationRep:
    F***s sake edexcel do they think its a joke setting papers. Do they not realize that there are going to be student sitting these papers, and do they not realize that the results of these exams determine which uni we go to and ultimately our job prospects. Do they think this is a joke? I need grades and edxcel, you have f***ed my life. F*** you edexcel

ReputationRep:
    The last question.. It was increasing.. You'll see when the model answers are out

ReputationRep:
    Increasing function. Gradient was
    -3k/(whatever)^2

K is negative, so gradient at any given point is positive

Therefore it is an increasing function

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyak)
    THAT WAS THE WORST EXAN OF MY LIFE

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I neeeeeed a B/high C so worried

ReputationRep:
    That paper was pretty hard for C3. I couldn't get my head around the sec^2A + tan^2A question at all.

ReputationRep:
    Okay June 2013 was actually in fact easier. I am predicting even lower grade boundaries for this one, possibly 48 for a A. The June 2013 one had only one tricky question, here there were at least 3 funnily worded question. I mean which cruel person starts an exam in the manner in which they did?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scales1996)
    Decreasing, complete 50:50 guess as I thought the bottom was larger than the top
    I wrote increasing, since k was negative and I got dy/dx = -k/something squared

So overall you get a positive value for all values for dy/dx, therefore gradient is always positive so f(x) is increasing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobHunter97)
    Increasing function. Gradient was
    -3k/(whatever)^2

K is negative, so gradient at any given point is positive

Therefore it is an increasing function

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_888)
    I got increasing. Not sure though as I thought it was going from roughly 0 to roughly 1 as x got higher

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    It was increasing, because the derivative was always positive (remember k was a negative constant)
    YEAHHHHH

Only question I couldn't answer was the question 8 trig identity part A, how the hell do you do that?!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.