Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    The rocket question was beautiful <3

Fields was okay, I really ****ed up SHM and Quantum though.
    I didn't even read the other mechanics questions... LCR was okay quantum was awful the fields went okay. The errors question in section A was vindictive as it tried to stop you using partial differentials to do the problem. All in all Id be very happy to have scrapped a 2.i which hopefully I will do as I averaged 90% in the labs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)
    Yah.

I'm on my gap year atm, but I have done some exams because I've been self-teaching AS economics and A-Level maths. I'm kind of thinking the former is probably a write off (I didn't really do any past papers or anything because for about two months I had a job in politics that literally required 16 hour days at points), but maths has gone well so far. Just C3 and C4 left now.

Not being under any pressure is a massive luxury though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU is this you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Physics went relatively badly (apart from the relativity question which was relatively okay).

Already planning my transfer to some second rate university. I'm thinking about oxford at the moment.
    (Original post by alow)
    The rocket question was beautiful <3

Fields was okay, I really ****ed up SHM and Quantum though.
    I love how your communication only occurs in this thread. Do you even know who the other is? You probably pass one another all the time .

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with an offer for History, have you chosen your papers??

Ps.. My offer is A*AA to do History at Fitzwilliam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    I love how your communication only occurs in this thread. Do you even know who the other is? You probably pass one another all the time .
    Nope, we may have met each other at some point. I doubt it though, there are a lot of NatScis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olitay)
    Anyone with an offer for History, have you chosen your papers??

Ps.. My offer is A*AA to do History at Fitzwilliam.
    Which papers are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    My offer's A* A A to do MML (French+German) at Trinity.

Feeling a little intimidated by all you science geniuses, so that'll probably be my only contribution to this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olardo)

Feeling a little intimidated by all you science geniuses, so that'll probably be my only contribution to this thread
    Bonjour !

Malgré le fait que ma offre soit pour les sciences, je serais plus que content de parler en français avec toi (ou au sujet du français)

Quand est ton examen français ? Which board?

ReputationRep:

Nice to see a prospective MMLer! Forever seeming to be a rarity on this forum. Good luck with any exams still left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Bonjour !

Malgré le fait que ma offre soit pour les sciences, je serais plus que content de parler en français avec toi (ou au sujet du français)

Quand est ton examen français ? Which board?
    Oui oui, j'ai deux sœurs Aha only kidding It's Edexcel and AM on the 15th (I have a clash of exams that day so I'll be in isolation for 5 hours... yay!)

How have your exams been so far?

ReputationRep:
    Oui oui, j'ai deux sœurs Aha only kidding It's Edexcel and AM on the 15th (I have a clash of exams that day so I'll be in isolation for 5 hours... yay!)

How have your exams been so far?
    Aah, I'm WJEC! I have 5 hours of exams that day, but won't be in isolation... What's your other exam?

I've only had M2 :erm: I have 3 this week, 5 next week, 2 the week after that...

How about you?

ReputationRep:

MML here too , French and ab initio Italian at St Catz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Nice to see a prospective MMLer! Forever seeming to be a rarity on this forum. Good luck with any exams still left!
    We are pretty rare these days - that's probably why I managed to get an offer haha

Thanks a lot - not even started them yet! It's been a very boring month.

ReputationRep:
    Aah, I'm WJEC! I have 5 hours of exams that day, but won't be in isolation... What's your other exam?

I've only had M2 :erm: I have 3 this week, 5 next week, 2 the week after that...

How about you?
    Damn! Geography is my final one :P It's annoyingly counter-productive that I've actually been prioritising Geography because I know how unpredictable language exams can be and I don't want to miss out on the place. My French/German exams could be on literally anything and although I'd much prefer revising for those, the specification for Geography actually says something more than "Discursive essay on any topic we want it to be on".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculina)
    MML here too , French and ab initio Italian at St Catz!
    Nice! I thought about doing something ab initio, but I've spent so many years learning German haha!

ReputationRep:
    Damn! Geography is my final one :P It's annoyingly counter-productive that I've actually been prioritising Geography because I know how unpredictable language exams can be and I don't want to miss out on the place. My French/German exams could be on literally anything and although I'd much prefer revising for those, the specification for Geography actually says something more than "Discursive essay on any topic we want it to be on".
    I feel like you can't prepare for language exams. Just watch things in French/German.

Although analysing a book/film (idk of you do that too) is going to be a pain, especially without a teacher. Idk what I'm gonna do

Geography definitely has more of an aim with regards to content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    Which papers are you considering?
    Think I'm going papers 10, 5 and 13.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    study leave has really taken it's toll on me I cried the other day because I didn't get full UMS in a chemistry paper

ReputationRep:
    I feel like you can't prepare for language exams. Just watch things in French/German.

Although analysing a book/film (idk of you do that too) is going to be a pain, especially without a teacher. Idk what I'm gonna do

Geography definitely has more of an aim with regards to content
    Yup, that's my thinking. We're analysing a play too, but it's just like an English lit exam in that they could ask anything. I've been going in for lessons some days, but it's just so I don't go mad from not seeing anyone really aha

ReputationRep:
    We are pretty rare these days - that's probably why I managed to get an offer haha

Thanks a lot - not even started them yet! It's been a very boring month.
    If you have any questions, let me know! I will certainly be able to help with French, but I do ab Spanish, though I know a little about the German side of things through my friends

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.