Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    We didn't learn any of this :/ We only learnt reasons why people resist conformity/obedience
    I think i learnt it in school, thats where i got it from x
    did some extra research as well.

ReputationRep:
    Guys if suddenly become rely nervous about my psya1 exam, for the limitation of anxiety studies is ethical issues count as one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    I don't understand independent behaviour questions, what does it mean what do we out I know locus of control but what else
    A question came up in 2013 it was 'Discuss one or more explanations of why people resist the pressure to conform? ' looks at the mark scheme it was June 2013
    hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss98)
    Is anyone else just freaking out a little bit? I vaguely think I can do abnormality and social influence but i have absolutely no idea for stress! Also what are the people that they can name in this one specifically?
    I'm opposite to you, I can do stress but vaguely know abnormality and social influence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm opposite to you, I can do stress but vaguely know abnormality and social influence.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone feel that it's necessary to learn the names of the psychologists :s Will i get away with just remembering the names of Milgram and Kiecolt-Glaser?

ReputationRep:
    I just can't remember all of the studies. And can you explain SIT and hardiness training to me as I have absolutely no idea!

ReputationRep:
    The only one's you have to specifically name are the ones told in the specification. I think Milgram is one. But for the rest you can just say 'A research study said...' because if you leave a gap then it shows the examiner you don't know what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the explanations of obedience? So gradual commitment, role of buffers, agentic shift and justifying obedience?

ReputationRep:
    What does 'variations of Asch and Milgram' actually mean? Is that when they changed their experiment to see how it changed the results? Didn't Milgram do something with nurses? Can anyone explain this to me? xD

ReputationRep:
    Would we get a question where we need to evaluate explanations of conformity/obedience?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Do we need to know any specific study for social change? And also, any tips on hpw to remember the factors easily?

ReputationRep:
    I think we should all just pray for a blessing of a paper tomorrow and all pray that the 12 marker is on conformity :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Can someone explain the explanations of obedience? So gradual commitment, role of buffers, agentic shift and justifying obedience?
    All I do is just explain research associated with them. So gradual commitment is Milgram's electric shock experiment- 80% of the participants that committed to 150V continued on to 450V. The participants found it difficult to disobey the experimenter because of the gradual increase of the voltage.

Agentic shift- Milgram believed that people act in an autonomous state, in which we take the consequences for out actions and behave voluntarily. However some people believe they are agents of people therefore they are not responsible for their actions, so are more likely to disobey.

I also do legitimate authority

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nisr123)
    What does 'variations of Asch and Milgram' actually mean? Is that when they changed their experiment to see how it changed the results? Didn't Milgram do something with nurses? Can anyone explain this to me? xD
    Milgram conducted his electric shock experiment in a rundown building to see whether it affected the levels of obedience. Hofling did the experiment with the nurses where they were called by Dr Smith to administer a double dose if that's what you're thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    What is the psychodynamic treatment for Abnormality? All i know about is psychoanalysis like dream analysis, projective tests, free association etc... but aren't these methods used to diagnose a patient, not treat them...
    Is SD part of the cognitive treatment?

ReputationRep:
    What is the psychodynamic treatment for Abnormality? All i know about is psychoanalysis like dream analysis, projective tests, free association etc... but aren't these methods used to diagnose a patient, not treat them...
    Is SD part of the cognitive treatment?
    SD is for the behavioural approach because it is based on the idea of classical conditioning. Psychoanalysis is the treatment, so free association and dream analysis.

ReputationRep:
    Hofling did the experiment with the nurses, and a 'variation' of Milgram would be a changing the experiment to a run down apartment block or having a fellow disobedient ally

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know which studies we need to know for abnormality.

ReputationRep:
    Omg lol so stressed
    I can only do stress
    Social influence and abnormality are 👎

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.