The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

feel terrible. module choices for next year came out yesterday and they are so, so ****. honestly I couldn't have thought of a worse combination to choose from.. its like they've gone through all of the modules across all of the sciences and picked the most difficult/most dull. also im never ever in a million years going to pass one of my modules this year, which means they will fail me for the year. jesus. im just not up to this at all. no one is being helpful at all either. the department are utterly ****, even my advisor and GP who usually go out of their way to pretend that everything is brilliant and its just that im just ungrateful, admit my department are utterly ****. its literally like getting blood out of stone, I couldn't feel less supported by them if I tried. I cant cope and im so behind and I've got all manner of urges and thoughts now. am not even well enough to sit in a ****ing lecture let alone pass this impossible ****ing course
Original post by ScaryScience
feel terrible. module choices for next year came out yesterday and they are so, so ****. honestly I couldn't have thought of a worse combination to choose from.. its like they've gone through all of the modules across all of the sciences and picked the most difficult/most dull. also im never ever in a million years going to pass one of my modules this year, which means they will fail me for the year. jesus. im just not up to this at all. no one is being helpful at all either. the department are utterly ****, even my advisor and GP who usually go out of their way to pretend that everything is brilliant and its just that im just ungrateful, admit my department are utterly ****. its literally like getting blood out of stone, I couldn't feel less supported by them if I tried. I cant cope and im so behind and I've got all manner of urges and thoughts now. am not even well enough to sit in a ****ing lecture let alone pass this impossible ****ing course

Huge hugs hun. If you need a vent, ping me on Facebook. I'm doing my uni work so on there sporadically but phone should beep if you send me a message, so then I can come online :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
Even with zolpidem, I only got about 4 hours sleep last night. That's 4 nights now. I miss zopiclone, take it, 20minutes later and I'm fast asleep but my psychiatrist has never even heard of it. :s-smilie:

The whispering is getting more frequent and it scares me so much. :frown: I told my wife and she says it's just because I'm stressed out, but what if it's not just that?

Sorry to read about the whisperings. If you need a sounding board you can always drop me a PM :console:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Thanks :hugs: I understand that obviously if I want an instant response I should have phoned and thankfully I managed to keep myself relatively safe but it could have been different for somebody else.

Well done for not crying at therapy btw, at mine we both cried at each other for a while because it was her last appointment before she left :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well given the amount of people who have phone phobias, they can't expect that people are in a position to phone them and thus they should keep a better eye on their inboxes :shakecane: :mad: :fuhrer: Silly Samaritans :grumble:

Thanks :colondollar: I read her out my card, which was from all the different TLGs (we took it in turns to write a bit each, with a different colour for each TLG :colone: ) and I think she was a bit moved. She went quite quiet and looked very serious :tongue:

Original post by furryface12

Well done! Must have been hard :console:

Thanks. I appreciate all the support and encouragement you guys are giving me today :redface: Means a lot, coz neither of my sisters are around to keep an eye on me :colondollar:
Scary interview done.
Think i find out tomorrow :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Scary interview done.
Think i find out tomorrow :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for going, hun :kissing2:
Feel like a horrible person. :frown:
Reply 2285
Even with zolpidem, I only got about 4 hours sleep last night. That's 4 nights now. I miss zopiclone, take it, 20minutes later and I'm fast asleep but my psychiatrist has never even heard of it. :s-smilie:

The whispering is getting more frequent and it scares me so much. :frown: I told my wife and she says it's just because I'm stressed out, but what if it's not just that?

I don't know what else you have going on in your life, but based on your posts about throat and ear infections - your body will surely be under significant stress from that alone. In any case, I hope it all calms down soon.

Obviously I can't say for sure but in my own history, I certainly get symptoms/episodes occuring following to those kind of physical stresses. In fact, my whole mental illness seems to have been triggered by a physical illness.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Huge hugs hun. If you need a vent, ping me on Facebook. I'm doing my uni work so on there sporadically but phone should beep if you send me a message, so then I can come online :hugs:

Sorry to read about the whisperings. If you need a sounding board you can always drop me a PM :console:

Well given the amount of people who have phone phobias, they can't expect that people are in a position to phone them and thus they should keep a better eye on their inboxes :shakecane: :mad: :fuhrer: Silly Samaritans :grumble:

Thanks :colondollar: I read her out my card, which was from all the different TLGs (we took it in turns to write a bit each, with a different colour for each TLG :colone: ) and I think she was a bit moved. She went quite quiet and looked very serious :tongue:

Thanks. I appreciate all the support and encouragement you guys are giving me today :redface: Means a lot, coz neither of my sisters are around to keep an eye on me :colondollar:

thanks hun. may take you up on that offer a bit later. kinda struggling tbh :emo:
Original post by Pathway
Feel like a horrible person. :frown:

Not in the slightest, hun :nah:

:penguinhug:

Original post by ScaryScience
thanks hun. may take you up on that offer a bit later. kinda struggling tbh :emo:

Sure, I should be around most of the evening, aside from dinner. Do poke me if it would help! :poke:
Not in the slightest, hun :nah:

:penguinhug:

Sure, I should be around most of the evening, aside from dinner. Do poke me if it would help! :poke:

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

You can PM me too if that would help. Not sure we have each other on Facebook?

Thanks for the offer :smile: I don't think things have reached that point yet, and hopefully they won't, but I appreciate you offering. And I'm really glad to hear that your last therapy session went so well. :five: Good luck with the uni work!

Original post by Jay84
I don't know what else you have going on in your life, but based on your posts about throat and ear infections - your body will surely be under significant stress from that alone. In any case, I hope it all calms down soon.

Obviously I can't say for sure but in my own history, I certainly get symptoms/episodes occuring following to those kind of physical stresses. In fact, my whole mental illness seems to have been triggered by a physical illness.

You know I hadn't even considered that. :beard: I stopped haloperidol 3 weeks ago at the height of my throat infection so I assumed that things now are a result of that. I do hope you're right though as it would negate the need to take it again :tongue:

Spoiler

You can PM me too if that would help. Not sure we have each other on Facebook?

thank you, i might just really not sure what's happening and everything is messed up and it's making me dissociate :cry2:

i don't have an FB but will pm thank you
Thanks for the offer :smile: I don't think things have reached that point yet, and hopefully they won't, but I appreciate you offering. And I'm really glad to hear that your last therapy session went so well. :five: Good luck with the uni work!

Glad things haven't reached that point yet. Jay84 speaks wisely about how it could be linked to physical health. I find even things like not quite getting enough sleep leaves me more susceptible to hearing things that aren't/shouldn't be there :sadnod:

Uni work is going slow coz

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
thank you, i might just really not sure what's happening and everything is messed up and it's making me dissociate :cry2:

i don't have an FB but will pm thank you

Wise person, Facebook is bloody addictive! :eek:

Well if it would help, do feel free to get in touch :hugs: Don't feel shy about doing so! I may not be able to help much but I can always listen :yes:
*hugs* for all who need/could do with them :smile:

Had a bit of a breakthrough in therapy today. This convinces me that this therapist is a decent fit for me, and I'm also proud of myself for figuring some things out - I just have to figure out what to do with the breakthrough and how to adjust :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arguendo
*hugs* for all who need/could do with them :smile:

Had a bit of a breakthrough in therapy today. This convinces me that this therapist is a decent fit for me, and I'm also proud of myself for figuring some things out - I just have to figure out what to do with the breakthrough and how to adjust :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done hun! Glad you've got a good therapist. You should def be proud of yourself :yep:
I feel so alive all of a sudden! :eek: I could get used to this... :biggrin: :woo: :lovehug:

Hope everyone is okay? :grouphugs:
Glad things haven't reached that point yet. Jay84 speaks wisely about how it could be linked to physical health. I find even things like not quite getting enough sleep leaves me more susceptible to hearing things that aren't/shouldn't be there :sadnod:

Uni work is going slow coz

Spoiler

Yeah, I haven't really slept much the past few days which definitely hasn't helped.

Spoiler

Best of luck though, I know there's no way I could manage a phd, I find it really impressive that you're doing one.
Yeah, I haven't really slept much the past few days which definitely hasn't helped.

Spoiler

Best of luck though, I know there's no way I could manage a phd, I find it really impressive that you're doing one.

:console:

Spoiler

Thanks. It's not too bad coz it's a fun topic and I'm still in a "la-la-lah-la-la-I-like-ABBA" stage. Like this year, I don't even have to write anything for my review in May - I just have to show that I've been working. So things are relatively easy atm. It helps that Royal Holloway has a lot of support in place for me, and my supervisor is super-nice. Though I was slightly tempted to disown her in my last meeting with her, coz she said she hadn't seen Frozen :colonhash: :lolwut: :confused: :no: :cry:

:tongue:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I feel so alive all of a sudden! :eek: I could get used to this... :biggrin: :woo: :lovehug:

Hope everyone is okay? :grouphugs:

glad you're feeling well :hugs:

Latest