Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    For me, Klopp only has two options: use Henderson, if he thinks he's ready (I think he is - and I think he'll relish being thrown back in against his old boyhood rivals), or use Allen.

It's tough, because Allen's assist the other night and overall performance was excellent.

Lallana enjoyed one of his best games in a Reds shirt, so he'll definitely be deployed with Firmino behind Benteke or Sturridge I imagine. I don't think Ibe will start, but I may be proved wrong. I expect he'll get half an hour, if he is relegated to the bench.

Christ, we have good depth.
    I guess we could always play Milner in midfield? I forgot Ibe should be on the bench for Milner.

We can then send Origi, Ibe, Allen etc to play Sion. None of our first team should play on Thursday.

Looks like some decent depth but all it takes is a couple of injuries. At the moment I feel like we'd struggle if Lucas, Moreno or Clyne got injured.

Interesting to see what happens with Benteke if Sturridge is able to keep fit.

In some ways Benteke would suit playing Newcastle since he's so much closer to goal. I always thought that is why Suarez and Sturridge looked amazing together. Teams couldn't play a high line against Sturridge and when they played deeper then Suarez would destroy them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    It wasn't even our full strength side whereas Southampton were fielding close to their first XI (I think?). Their defence was piss poor, Liverpool weren't as good as they were against City and yet Soton still managed to concede 6 goals, very unlike them but Koeman admitted he cocked up in the second half when he switched to the back 5.
    Yeah. So I don't want to sound like I'm taking away from Liverpool's performance, but Soton were absolutely dire and had a lot to do with that 6-1 scoreline

ReputationRep:
    He'd been voted in the worst XI of Ligue I last season,
    And it was explained to you that this was BS, and that he got the same number of goals as United's £60m signing

and showed nothing in his first few matches for us.
    Strong sample size for someone just out of his teens, moving to a new country, playing for a **** team
    How were we to know it was a dip in form and not just his inability to succeed at the highest level?
    Because you were told by people who had seen him play, and he excelled in the WC, which is a comparable level to the PL
    Sure, he has ability and raw materials, but so do a lot of players.
    So give him time to show that
    Thus far, there's been more evidence of his struggles (those three matches) than his successes (Southampton).
    Thus far, he is a Liverpool Football Club player, and getting on his back after 3 games is appalling. In comparison, you and others gave far more time to Firmino, who was toothless for a longer period.

Young players:
    - context
    - patience
    - support

Checklist for you, for next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yeah. So I don't want to sound like I'm taking away from Liverpool's performance, but Soton were absolutely dire and had a lot to do with that 6-1 scoreline
    I don't think Soton were dire, just poor. We had 7 shots, 6 went in. We were lucky/clinical, the scoreline flattered us. Something like 4-1 would have been a fairer representation.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Toure got a bang in his knee during injury according to Pearce. So Lovren and Skrtel our only fit senior CBs v Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Toure can't quite catch a break can he?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Doesn't really matter. Skrtel and Lovren will be the pairing regardless, you imagine. The latter has been talking himself up, which worries me, but he has enjoyed a renaissance and seems to be settling down recently under Klopp.

ReputationRep:
    Wow if Man City lose today (losing 2-0 at the moment) and we beat Newcastle tomorrow then we'd only be 3 points behind them :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like City are dropping points this afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    Glad that our semi final tie is over two legs rather than one. Britannia is always a tough place to play and we did well to get the 3 points from there.

ReputationRep:
    You simply must watch this. All parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTsZmWBM-1c

ReputationRep:
    Win tomorrow and I don't see why we won't win the league.

Oh and we'll score 4 minimum

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't really matter. Skrtel and Lovren will be the pairing regardless, you imagine. The latter has been talking himself up, which worries me, but he has enjoyed a renaissance and seems to be settling down recently under Klopp.
    Rodgers made better defenders than Lovren look like idiots. There's hope for him yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)

Can't wait for the quote of the year thread

ReputationRep:

this is a fail prediction
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rodgers made better defenders than Lovren look like idiots. There's hope for him yet.
    Definitely. I always worry a bit when he's in the press giving interviews after a decent run of form, though. We him performing well in the early games of this season, then he was telling journalists and briefing them how confident and renewed he felt, and he went and ****ed up royally against West Ham at Anfield.

ReputationRep:
    So Spurs, City and United have all dropped points, a win tomorrow and we're right in there.

ReputationRep:
    My God, those are some amazing results for us.

Win tomorrow and we're level on points with Spurs and only 3 behind the Manchester clubs.
    We still have to do the job tomorrow but seriously don't know how we've turned this around without buying a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Win omit row and we're level on points with Spurs and only 3 behind the Manchester clubs.
    We still have to do the job tomorrow butI seriously don't know how we've turned this around without buying a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    strong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Win omit row and we're level on points with Spurs and only 3 behind the Manchester clubs.
    We still have to do the job tomorrow butI seriously don't know how we've turned this around without buying a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well we have been quite fortunate that everyone else has decided to be **** when Rodgers left and Klopp arrived.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.