Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpepsred)
    You sat units in Jan? i thought January sits were abolished.
    Yes. International.

ReputationRep:
    Failed! Hard!

55/75 if I'm lucky!

Anyone got reasonable prediction's on the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inges)
    Failed! Hard!

55/75 if I'm lucky!

Anyone got reasonable prediction's on the grade boundaries?
    >Failed

>55/75

M80 I'll be lucky if i got more than 0. I've never seen a paper before that has 0 standard questions.

ReputationRep:
    >Failed

>55/75

M80 I'll be lucky if i got more than 0. I've never seen a paper before that has 0 standard questions.
    It's ridiculous dude! How can they do that to us?

They better lower the grade boundaries a TON!

knowing edexcel they'll never give in....

ReputationRep:
    >Failed

>55/75

(Original post by Inges)
    It's ridiculous dude! How can they do that to us?

They better lower the grade boundaries a TON!

knowing edexcel they'll never give in....
    0 standard questions? Which paper did you do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Are you talking about 4ai and 4aii? 4a and b were not related
    What on Earth was 4aii??How many marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    What on Earth was 4aii??How many marks?
    The limit of x as t approaches 0, although I think it was 4ib not 4aii.

ReputationRep:
    Questions 1, 3, 5 and 6 were really standard, I'd say 7 was too considering the amount of times they bring that up. Even polar coordinates was standard if you ignore the stupid arccos0.75.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Are you talking about 4ai and 4aii? 4a and b were not related
    The set went:
    4ia
    4ib
    4ii

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elzar)
    The limit of x as t approaches 0, although I think it was 4ib not 4aii.
    How many marks?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks?
    Just 1

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Euclidean;65591727]Being pedantic: z^(n) - z^(-n) = 2i sin (n theta)

Any application of the theorem would be classed as 'using' the theorem. After all, the method only works if the theorem does too.

If you're using an application of De Moivre's theorem you are implicitly using De Moivre's theorem.

They said "use". Surely then It stands to reason that I can use it packaged in an application?
    Thanks, I hope you are both right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    Okay, thanks! How did you find the exam?
    I thought it was a tricky paper, but most of my mistakes were just silly. Like I got the double IBP in 4ii, but then messed it up by using x instead of theta and not finding the value of C! I hope I can still get 3/7
    Also made a small slip in the polar coordinates question that probably lost me two marks.
    Having said that, there were still a fair few standard questions on the paper.

How did you find it? What are you predicting for the A* boundary? I would have thought about 68?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    The set went:
    4ia
    4ib
    4ii
    Ah. Mb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunsri101)
    I thought it was a tricky paper, but most of my mistakes were just silly. Like I got the double IBP in 4ii, but then messed it up by using x instead of theta and not finding the value of C! I hope I can still get 3/7
    Also made a small slip in the polar coordinates question that probably lost me two marks.
    Having said that, there were still a fair few standard questions on the paper.

How did you find it? What are you predicting for the A* boundary? I would have thought about 68?
    I'm guessing 65-67 A*, and I found it fine too, just the polar area slip-up I was talking about, I'm hoping I got the double IBP right (cause I did make a mistake the first time, crossed it out and rewrote it). De Moivre's was where I spent way too much time on, literally the entire first page for that question was just crossing out random equations cause I'd forgotten how to do it and where to start :/ but all good in the end (only 2 mins left when I finished so that was close!). Speaking of variables, now I'm scared that somewhere in the 2nd order I put x instead of u :/ Here's hoping...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhnafR)
    For the z^4=8(root3+i) i used values of k=0,1,2 and 3. Is that wrong?
    Should be okay, cause the range is still in 0 to 2pi. Edexcel accepts both 0 to 2pi and -pi to pi ranges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    Should be okay, cause the range is still in 0 to 2pi. Edexcel accepts both 0 to 2pi and -pi to pi ranges.
    So if you got all positive answers (with the 25pi/24 for example) it gets the same marks as the people who did some positive and some negative answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themechguy)
    So if you got all positive answers (with the 25pi/24 for example) it gets the same marks as the people who did some positive and some negative answers?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Are there model answers anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJohnson4)
    Are there model answers anywhere?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4153181

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.