Does anyone think we should start a fifa 11 PS3 team for online? :P
spikeymike
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by apo1324)
Does anyone think we should start a fifa 11 PS3 team for online? :P
I'm out, I have far too many to be doing right now.
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For anyone interested, cheapest for Move at the moment seems to be Play.com and Amazon (can also get cashback with Quidco on Play, 4% I think), £39.99 for the starter pack, £17.99 for navi controller and £29.99 for motion control on its own (on Play, £10 more on Amazon).
If Asda have it around a similar price I'll get it tonight, if not Play.com it is
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had a go last night on my flatmates copy of F1 2010. Went straight to online mode. Is it usually carnage at the start of an online quick race? The quality of the driving is really poor, I didn't finish lower than 5th and won a race and I had only been playing the game an hour using a controller layout I dislike.

It did however make me really want the game, but I am holding out for GT5 which will run rings around every other racing game there has been from what I have read and seen. Less than 1 month :woo:

Got an xbox 360? Got Forza? ... :hahaha:
spikeymike
Rep:
?
(Original post by dhr90)
I had a go last night on my flatmates copy of F1 2010. Went straight to online mode. Is it usually carnage at the start of an online quick race? The quality of the driving is really poor, I didn't finish lower than 5th and won a race and I had only been playing the game an hour using a controller layout I dislike.

It did however make me really want the game, but I am holding out for GT5 which will run rings around every other racing game there has been from what I have read and seen. Less than 1 month :woo:

Got an xbox 360? Got Forza? ... :hahaha:
Forza's rubbish, played it in Game one time. :mmm:

(Original post by Illusionary)
Expect a PM tomorrow if the upgrade happens tonight. :gthumb:
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
Resi Evil 5 Gold edition £12.95 on Zavvi's Mega Monday...this is making Move oh so more tempting. Think I'll pop into Asda tomorrow after work see if they've still got it cheapish
I bought it off HMV as a preorder for £9.99, I don't even want it now tbh...still I'm surprised it hasn't found its way back down to a tenner...

On a totally different note, I can't bring myself to spend £70 on 4 books for my modules. :sigh: I've just had to fork out £240 for the gym...bad times....
vn2009
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For anyone interested, cheapest for Move at the moment seems to be Play.com and Amazon (can also get cashback with Quidco on Play, 4% I think), £39.99 for the starter pack, £17.99 for navi controller and £29.99 for motion control on its own (on Play, £10 more on Amazon).
If Asda have it around a similar price I'll get it tonight, if not Play.com it is
I ordered it from Amazon and got it recently, havent had a chance to play it, been too busy. But was wondering can you play that sports champions game against other people online? :confused:
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
I bought it off HMV as a preorder for £9.99, I don't even want it now tbh...still I'm surprised it hasn't found its way back down to a tenner...
I'll buy it off you
Just got the starter pack from Asda for £39.67. Didn't have the navi controller in stock though so I'll get that off play methinks.
I'm off tomorrow, think my mate has Heavy Rain so might borrow that off him.

(Original post by vn2009)
I ordered it from Amazon and got it recently, havent had a chance to play it, been too busy. But was wondering can you play that sports champions game against other people online? :confused:
Haven't got it myself, but a quick google suggests not :no:

Hopefully no more copy/pasting quotes after tonighr
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll buy it off you
Just got the starter pack from Asda for £39.67. Didn't have the navi controller in stock though so I'll get that off play methinks.
I'm off tomorrow, think my mate has Heavy Rain so might borrow that off him.
If you want, I thought maybe having the Move controllers will make the game as fun as it used to be the first time I played it but it's not really been that good tbh...I've played it once and it's just sitting here doing nothing now.
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
If you want, I thought maybe having the Move controllers will make the game as fun as it used to be the first time I played it but it's not really been that good tbh...I've played it once and it's just sitting here doing nothing now.
I borrowed it off a mate and only played through it once ages ago, so hopefully I'll get a bit more enjoyment out of it with Move...though I've read the camera system is a bit crap with the one analogue stick, but I can live with that. If I don't like it with Move I can just play through it again normally. I'll send you a PM
vn2009
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Haven't got it myself, but a quick google suggests not :no:
damnnn was looking forward to playing online...oh well

Thanks for the info btw
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I borrowed it off a mate and only played through it once ages ago, so hopefully I'll get a bit more enjoyment out of it with Move...though I've read the camera system is a bit crap with the one analogue stick, but I can live with that. If I don't like it with Move I can just play through it again normally. I'll send you a PM
You'll probably enjoy it more than I did then ^^ I played through it on all the difficulties then like twice more to get platinum.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What happened? The site was down for maintenance but the upgrade didn't take place?
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno....php?f=5&a=558
There were some complications with the upgrade
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know when GT5 will be released? I thought it was the 3rd Nov but someone in the F1 2010 society says games don't get released on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Then online it says the 1st, 4th or 5th.
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
Does anyone know when GT5 will be released? I thought it was the 3rd Nov but someone in the F1 2010 society says games don't get released on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Then online it says the 1st, 4th or 5th.
3rd in the US, 5th here, I believe.
Black Ops is released on a Tuesday, they can be released any day, just Friday is the most common in the UK.
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Ultimate Team coming free to FIFA 11 :gthumb:
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3rd in the US, 5th here, I believe.
Black Ops is released on a Tuesday, they can be released any day, just Friday is the most common in the UK.
I thought the Europe release date was brought forward to the same as the US? I'm sure it was said on here?
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
I thought the Europe release date was brought forward to the same as the US? I'm sure it was said on here?
Actually I think you're right, 3rd here, but 2nd in US.

Edit: All game sites state 5th for UK release, but all news articles state 3rd
Edit 2: Actually I seem to recall it being pushed back to the 5th, as I corrected Mike on the correct usage of 'pushed back' and 'brought forward' or something like that :p:
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Actually I think you're right, 3rd here, but 2nd in US.

Edit: All game sites state 5th for UK release, but all news articles state 3rd
Edit 2: Actually I seem to recall it being pushed back to the 5th, as I corrected Mike on the correct usage of 'pushed back' and 'brought forward' or something like that :p:
I remember that. And it is the 5th. Assuming we're talking about GT5...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (203)
27.51%
No (535)
72.49%

Watched Threads