POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could be any men in any compound
Srxjer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is the second guy lying on a water pistol?
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
**** me they shot them execution style hence there's no entry wound on the faces. And the blood coming out of they guy's ear in the first pic is a clear sign of brain trauma.

So Bin Laden's daughter was right, they captured him then executed him in-front of her.

****ing savages.
f00ddude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
these photos aren't going to get leaked, the people involved in this operation are not the kind of people who would leak this
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Looks like TSR isn't in short supply of armchair pathologists tonight.
FyreFight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by f00ddude)
these photos aren't going to get leaked, the people involved in this operation are not the kind of people who would leak this
(Original post by jismith1989)
They're fake. The fluorescent green, Helvetica text in the corner wouldn't be on any official photos.

EDIT: Also, there's lots of blood, but no discernable gunshot wounds.

They aren't American photos. They were taken by some Pakistani policeman who got there long after the Americans had scarpered. Read the OP.
Lord_Farquad
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's VGA cables in one pic....but the guy didn't have internet. There's also a water pistol in another. Defo fakes.
c0nfus3d
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Erm okay, but they don't exactly show Bin Laden, show what exactly are they trying to prove?
f00ddude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
They aren't American photos. They were taken by some Pakistani policeman who got there long after the Americans had scarpered. Read the OP.
the pakistanis who went in were also high ranked
i guess pakistan just showed us all exactly why the US didn't let them in on the operation
Tzarchasm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Stratos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They could have buried him in Somalia not like there's a government there anyway.
notastampcollector
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
This is was a mistake. They should have kept the body and let it be inspected by independent observers or something. They were too hasty to "respect Islamic law":rolleyes:
They also didn't want a burial site for Osama to become a shrine for extremists (similar reasoning behind the secrecy of where Hitler was buried).
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by el scampio)
That just proves the corpse was related to Bin Laden's family members!

Were the DNA tests overseen by an independent body who could check and verify the validity of the results?

If the answer is no, then it's all just taking a proven liars word for it. Which is something most intelligent people are not prepared to do.
Even if the DNA was independently reviewed there would still be cries of "conspiracy", "they were paid off", "they're just trying to hide the truth", etc and ever more elaborate (and implausible) explanations. Then all sorts of 'evidence' would be fabricated by the conspiracy theorists in an attempt to support their viewpoint.

Maybe they bought their stationary from the same company as the FBI? EVIDENCE OF STATE INVOLVEMENT.

Maybe a couple of employees die, a guy in his 50s with a history of heart disease drops dead of a heart attack and another gets creamed by a bus because she was distracted by her iPhone while crossing a busy road? IT'S A COVER-UP.

At the end of the day why bother? Those that don't/won't believe the truth won't irrespective of what is done to cater for their special needs or demands.

(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
This is was a mistake. They should have kept the body and let it be inspected by independent observers or something. They were too hasty to "respect Islamic law":rolleyes:
As above.

(Original post by el scampio)
DNA sample proves it was Bin Laden? Surely they would need a prior sample of DNA in order to match it? I find it very unlikely they already had a smple of his DNA!!! Where and how would they have obtained Bin Laden's DNA prior to his supposed killing???
It is not difficult to get a DNA sample from someone without their permission. In this case they compared his DNA to a close relative but there are many other means. For example I could get a sample of yours by tracing your movements and then picking up that empty cup of coffee you left on the table when you left Starbucks or go through your bins at home for a discarded tissue.

(Original post by vedderfan94)
They claim to have a DNA sample from his dead sister, yet that is most likely just another lie. They have yet to provide any solid evidence he is dead. All we have seen so far are a whole lot of claims and a few photoshopped images.
What evidence do you need?

There is even less evidence that he is alive. Think of it this way, it would be a massive propaganda victory for Al Qaeda if OBL was reported to have been killed by the US and a couple of civilians were killed in the process but actually survived, or such an event was a complete fabrication. If that was the case Al Qaeda and OBL would have swiftly responded with a press tape of their own.
Dumb Economist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Finally - Here is how they tracked OSAMA :cool:
Attached files
MovingOn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
He was SHOT TWICE IN THE HEAD.
What is the point in releasing pictures when there was probably **** all left.
No, the claim is that he was shot once in the head.
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think people are being a bit deluded thinking that Osama Bin Laden could have captured. This isn't about whether he should have been captured, but on the feasablility of this happening. Now, I have no military experiance whatsoever. All I know about it is what my dad tells me (he was a soldier and now writes books on close protection).

I most certainly have no idea what my feelings would be if I was a navy seal about to carry out this raid, and I'm sure most people on TSR don't either. So how is it possible to say: 'Why didn't they capture him?' Just imagine for a moment. You don't know whether you're going to come back alive, you believe you are going to be shot at by not only the supposed terrorists, but the Pakistani's as well. I read on here a couple of days ago somone saying something about tranquilizer darts. Wtf? How about we ask Osama to sniff this rag of chloroform? maybe that'll work :rolleyes:. They were in a FIREFIGHT! There may have been explosions going off. They are now in a room with the OSAMA BIN LADEN. I know what I would have done, and it certainly wouldn't have been restraining him and trying to get him out.

This is, of course, my opinion. But, neg away if it makes you feel better.
Cinamon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:claus:.
R£SP£CT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Erm because he could have? The entire seal team v unhealthy afghan/Pakistanis who have little experience in comparison to a fully operational stealth seal team. Tbh America being America just wanted his head.
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cinamon)
If you want to bring him to justice then you make him suffer, just as his victims suffered (burning to death e.c.t.). His idea of suffering is being held hostage by his enemies, whereas killing him is what he would prefer.

How on earth are we supposed to call it a "war against terror"? His murder was illegal even in war.

The following opinions are shaped by things i've read;

Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, Secret rendition sites, Drone bombers wiped out entire villages of civilians, the wikileaks documentation of murder and on and on… and not a single higher up US official prosecuted! To let the US get away with that in one final act of unlawfulness and propagandism is terribly damaging.

This was an opportunity to start setting things right, to return to the rule of law, to start respecting international conventions and drop the "anyting is justified in the war on terror propaganda. It was a chance to show that at least this time we will do things according to the rules. We will have a trial, a long and tiresome and complex one. Perhaps it will not be as immediately emotionally thrilling and gratifying. But that is how a democracy with rule of law proceeds. That is what is supposed to make one side the "good guys" in the first place.

Without that, what are we more than one bloodthirsy tribe chanting and cheering that the leader of the competing tribe has been slain?
I'm not talking about whethere he should have been captured. But it's hard if not impossible to put oneself in the position of a young soldier in a firefight. I think I would crap myself. We don't know what happened in this room. So I would never blame any soldier for shooting him, even if the right thing to do was capture him. They're braver men than me and no one can say what they would do in that situation unless they where there.
JollyJelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by R£SP£CT)
Erm because he could have? The entire seal team v unhealthy afghan/Pakistanis who have little experience in comparison to a fully operational stealth seal team. Tbh America being America just wanted his head.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. How the hell do you know he could have been captured? It's easy to say stuff like that sitting in front of you're computer screen. What would you have done in that firefight? You don't know and you never will.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.2%
No - but I will (6)
3.66%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads