The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
7th prestige. The quest for the gold shotguns and snipers begins. :colone: Striker has been nerfed on the xbox though :frown:
Original post by mau5
7th prestige. The quest for the gold shotguns and snipers begins. :colone: Striker has been nerfed on the xbox though :frown:

Good. The Striker was stupid.
Original post by mau5

How are the other shotguns? How badly did they nerf the Striker?
Reply 2303
Original post by AugustWestie
How are the other shotguns? How badly did they nerf the Striker?

Haven't used them since the update, I thought it was just the striker that got nerfed though?

Edit: Apparently they buffed all the others.

I've was using the AA-12 yesterday, really enjoying it. Need to be so close that you're touching, but other than that its fun.

Can't wait for the damage proficiency at level 28.
Reply 2305

Highrise at 0:50
Original post by jit987

Highrise at 0:50

That's not Highrise. :tongue:

And now Akimbo is a pointless attachment...
Reply 2308

Looks similar :p:

That sucks, although I only use it on Magnums so hopefully they don't gimp the semi-autos too. I guess there's still the advantage to hip fire accuracy that some guns get, but I'd rather have the ability to ADS any day.

Didn't think they'd do that. Probably got fed up with people complaining about Akimbo FMG users. Maps like Liberation will discourage FMG users to use them anyway I would have thought.
Reply 2311
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Didn't think they'd do that. Probably got fed up with people complaining about Akimbo FMG users. Maps like Liberation will discourage FMG users to use them anyway I would have thought.

But maps like Piazza would encourage using them surely???
Original post by gunit123
But maps like Piazza would encourage using them surely???

That's what I thought when I first played it but it looks like either I got lucky and haven't faced too many of them, either on my side or against, or there is a lower percentage of akimbo FMG users who play in the Elite playlist. I've played better with the M4A1 than with the UMP45 so far for Piazza. I'll be giving the ACR a look into some time soon. :smile:
Does anyone know when the PC will be getting the new map packs? Since the PC doesn't have elite and all...
Reply 2314
Original post by lsaul95
Does anyone know when the PC will be getting the new map packs? Since the PC doesn't have elite and all...

They aren't. PC players only get the maps after each and every map is released. I think it'll cost something like 20 quid and will be out in June.

Spoiler

Original post by kuks
They aren't. PC players only get the maps after each and every map is released. I think it'll cost something like 20 quid and will be out in June.

Spoiler

Dayyyyymn son. Can't stand these maps any longer :frown:

Thanks though.
Original post by commandant
I've was using the AA-12 yesterday, really enjoying it. Need to be so close that you're touching, but other than that its fun.

Can't wait for the damage proficiency at level 28.

I'll point out that Damage is pretty bad on the AA-12, use Range, so you dont need to be grinding on the player to get a kill (My AA-12 is Level 30)
Original post by Benjaminooo
I'll point out that Damage is pretty bad on the AA-12, use Range, so you dont need to be grinding on the player to get a kill (My AA-12 is Level 30)

Thanks

I'll be trying them both, since range comes a bit before damage :cool:

Finally, but I think they should have decreased the range, and slightly lowered the fire rate, a 50% reduction wont make a big impact in my opinion.
Making some Akimbo SMG's would be a GREAT move though! :biggrin:
Damage beats Range on every shotgun, including the AA-12.

Quick Reply

Latest